Spectre wish list

Comments

• RC7RC7
    David Arnold.
    RC7 wrote:
    David Arnold.

Yes! In light of the soundtrack we were afforded with SkyFall, I would think some of the backlash Arnold received is likely to be retracted. Not that SF's soundtrack was totally awful, but it lacked greatly compared to Arnold's work, I believe.
  • RC7RC7
    00Beast wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    David Arnold.

Yes! In light of the soundtrack we were afforded with SkyFall, I would think some of the backlash Arnold received is likely to be retracted. Not that SF's soundtrack was totally awful, but it lacked greatly compared to Arnold's work, I believe.

I didn't mind SF at all, but I'm currently watching DAD, yes DAD, and I just think he does 'Bond' perfectly. The soundtrack was always a huge part of my childhood love of Bond and I just can't imagine my 5 year old self being excited by Newman's score. Any of DA's on the other hand, I probably would.

• edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I love the tune in DAD's score when Bond is driving around in Cuba. Fits what's happening perfectly and I always thought it felt very 60s.

EDIT: This

• RC7RC7
    I love the tune in DAD's score when Bond is driving around in Cuba. Always thought it felt very 60s.

Literally watching that exact scene at this very moment.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    2 of some of my favourite tracks from Arnold that I feel are underrated are, TWINE's welcome to Baku and TND's Paris and Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote:
    2 of some of my favourite tracks from Arnold that I feel are underrated are, TWINE's welcome to Baku and TND's Paris and Bond.

The TND soundtrack is one of the best in the canon.
    RC7 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

I heartily agree!
    00Beast wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

I heartily agree!

Whilst it's still not on the same level as Barry, TND is a cracking score. Possibly Arnold's best along with CR.
    Lana Del Rey should do a Bond theme, would love to see that!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    jolearon wrote:
    Lana Del Rey should do a Bond theme, would love to see that!

I think I'd be on board with that. I LOVE the sultry Bond themes like TWINE and SF. I think Lana would fit in quite nicely.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,598
    I suggested on the Star Trek thread that some of these places would double well for alien planets but they'd also be good for Bond locations or at least in terms of where the villain keeps his headquarters:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/surreal-places-to-visit-before-you-die
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bounine wrote:
    I suggested on the Star Trek thread that some of these places would double well for alien planets but they'd also be good for Bond locations or at least in terms of where the villain keeps his headquarters:

I remember reading that article a good while back and being mesmerized at how beautiful some of those locations are. Imagine Bond and a villain battling atop #12. Or, it could turn into a ski chase scene where Bond is fighting/avoiding henchmen and a side-villain, and it ends up on that overhang where Bond and the side-villain are fighting. That would be awesome.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Bounine wrote:

I remember reading that article a good while back and being mesmerized at how beautiful some of those locations are. Imagine Bond and a villain battling atop #12. Or, it could turn into a ski chase scene where Bond is fighting/avoiding henchmen and a side-villain, and it ends up on that overhang where Bond and the side-villain are fighting. That would be awesome.

It would be.

I hope Eon are reading this thread. They should visit some of these places with Mendes for location recces!
    @Bounine, if only it was that easy! They should have MGW, Barbara, Mendes, and Craig open up a live chat with some of us and ask our ideas and what we look forward to.
    @Creasy47 Nice idea. Much would be gained from acting on fan input. What the fans like is what made these films famous. Still, it's difficult to please everyone. Obviously each person has their own idea regarding what they want to see in a Bond movie. I myself feel fairly lucky, as for years, while Brosnan was still playing Bond I posted numerous posts on the old MI6 forums about how I wanted to see Bond films that were closer to the books in terms of tone and various other ingredients with more character movement and this is finally what we've been getting, to a decent degree, in the Craig era.

RIP Nelson Mandela
    @Bounine, that's also true. What I think would make an excellent Bond film would differ from what you want, along with the others on here, but in the end, I think we could all agree on some general ideas that would make 'Bond 24' one amazing film.
    Certainly.

P.S. My parents picked up a splendid little black polo shirt for me, with the 007 symbol on, from the Designing Bond exhibition in Melbourne while on their holiday in Australia. :)
    well most will dis agree with me on this here are a few things I want

1. a brilliant tie in video game that becomes the best video game adaption of a film of all time....

2. A Fleming title The Hildebrand Rarity or The Property of a Lady or Risico any of the three I would be happy with.

3. I would like unused elements to finally be used like M asking bond to investigate the death of a family member... elements of the short story From a view to a kill etc.

4. New York City, Cape Town South Africa, and an explosive climax (with an amazing ski sequence) in Switzerland

5. at least one unused fleming character to show up

6. Quantum to be a major threat (let this film be their Thunderball)

that's about it now
    @Risico007:

1.) In this day and age, most video game adaptations are horrible, so I doubt that'll ever happen.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Risico007:

1.) In this day and age, most video game adaptations are horrible, so I doubt that'll ever happen.

it's a wish list darn it ;)

I also wish for a batman game where Joker is not the main villain... which also won't ever happen .. :(
  • - Quantum as an organization is the main "baddie."
    - ...and this time.....it isn't personal.
    - Classic Bond girl that survives the film (I LOVED Severine's type - give us that)
    - A nice scene with Moneypenny and M - but for god's sake I hope Harris was kidding about that training bit.
    - Exotic locales, martinis, girls, and guns.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 316
    These are probably totally unoriginal, but:
    -yes, the return of Quantum
    -a female main villain---and not a young, beautiful one who Bong bangs like elektra, but someone older, 40s or 50s, but not gross like Rosa Klebb- Charlotte Gainsbourg? Naomi Watts? i'd say Marion Collitard but i don't think after SF it would be wise to rip off Nolan again
    -another Severine-esque bond girl, i.e. not an ass-kicker like Camille but not a damsel like Mary Goodnight--Samantha Barks comes to mind but she's probably too young
    -a more grandiose, take-over-the-world villain's scheme with a modern twist--this is another reason I am infuriated by Skyfall-Silva's hacking skill could have given him so much more leverage in such a scheme
    -(this is kind of stupid) cinematography and a score a-la the drive to Skyfall in SF that makes the movie look and feel as if it is taking place in a dream (which I believe would fit Charlotte Gainsbourg nicely as a villain; if you've ever seen her in Antichrist or Melancholia (and in the soon to come Nymphomaniac) you'd know that she's a great actress who does well in that sort of dream-like envrionment
    -a title song by Beyonce (which probably wouldn't work because of Foxy Cleopatra) or Florence Welch (which, again, i think would go well with a dream-like feel
    They should have a proper old fashioned dance routine with real people in the pre-title sequence. Something like in the video below and also reminiscent of the beginning of David Lynch's 'Mulholland Drive'. They could have nice Bondsque graphics in the background. Not to this song though: ;)

• I'm sure a lot of people are interested in the idea of having a villainess/ henchwoman i.e. Fiona Volpe or Xenia Onatopp. I'm really hoping that we get one before Craig finishes as I'd love to see Craig's Bond handle a female threat that also benefits the story of the film.

I'd love to see how Logan and maybe Mendes (if they have one in Bond 24) would handle the kind of character that can sometimes come across a bit over the top. In my eyes, they even could of made Severine more of a villain somehow. I think that could have been interesting.

I just wanna see a well-written female baddie who is cast perfectly.
    Small thing, not something essential but could be fun: the return of Villiers as a station agent. To bring a bit of continuity between CR and Bond 24 and indirectly SF (as he was pretty much M's secretary) and maybe for cannon fodder the villain, especially if it is Quantum.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Visceral, intense hand to hand fight scenes!
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    David Arnold to come back for the score.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    Small thing, not something essential but could be fun: the return of Villiers as a station agent. To bring a bit of continuity between CR and Bond 24 and indirectly SF (as he was pretty much M's secretary) and maybe for cannon fodder the villain, especially if it is Quantum.

I like the idea of bringing back Villiers as well. I really liked Menzies as Edmure Tully in Game of Thrones and I think he would also work well in a Saunders-like role for Bond 24.
    Ludovico wrote:

I like the idea of bringing back Villiers as well. I really liked Menzies as Edmure Tully in Game of Thrones and I think he would also work well in a Saunders-like role for Bond 24.

I like the fact that Villiers is rather light weight, a competent but not overly brilliant bureaucrat.