Spectre wish list

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I've never heard of 'Deception'. The reviews aren't great, but I guess I should see it for myself. I forgot about 'The Prestige'- a great film I need to get.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'The Prestige' could count, as well. I remember being incredibly excited for 'Deception' and really enjoying it when I finally saw it, but that was many years ago.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I just thought of this and don't know why I didn't list him earlier.

I think Viggo Mortensen would make a superb Bond villain! He is a very fine actor, and so versatile.

I think Viggo Mortensen would make a superb Bond villain! He is a very fine actor, and so versatile.

Too famous now, I think. Too handsome too, although they could of course use heavy makeup.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ludovico wrote:

Too famous now, I think. Too handsome too, although they could of course use heavy makeup.

So is Javier Bardem but that didn't stop EON from Hiring him.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Viggo is handsome but a chameleon and I don't think he is far too big a star.
    If it was well written, he might really relish the role. I'd love to have him in a Bond film.

Bardem was a pretty big star, well respected, and had an Oscar already, too.
    Emily Brett Rickards (arrow) as a bond girl.... :D
    Do you have as pic of her? I don't know her at all.
  • emily_bett_rickards_imgbox__GMEIKKt3.sized.png

I haven't seen the show, so I don't know if she can act. She was born in 1991, so she'll only be 24 when the movie comes out, but, hey, that never stopped Sir Rog.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

She's alright.

emily-bett-rickards_1.jpg

600full-emily-bett-rickards.jpg

1b5785eecaf2428008d11cba609ccfb8.jpg?itok=Z14s-Wg8
    She is lovely and has an interesting face, I think. Not cookie cutter/model pretty.
    Is she on a tv show?
  • She's on Arrow, which is about the Green Arrow and on the CW here in the US.
    Ah, well I am more than 4 years now away from U.S. TV. Much has changed.
    I do like her looks, but then I have different opinion about that than most on here.
    All i ask for is the Gunbarrel in the beginning please Barbara please give it to us

She's alright.

emily-bett-rickards_1.jpg

600full-emily-bett-rickards.jpg

1b5785eecaf2428008d11cba609ccfb8.jpg?itok=Z14s-Wg8

She has a very bond girlian look
    Murdock wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

So is Javier Bardem but that didn't stop EON from Hiring him.

Was Bardem nearly as much when he was hired as Viggo Mortensen is? Yes, he won an Oscar, but that's not a guarantee of fame anymore. Obviously, he was more famous than the other actors playing villains in the Craig era, but still.
    Christopher Walken was at the height of his fame when he landed the role of Zorin so I don't see there being any issue with a 'famous' actor playing the villain.
    Christopher Walken was at the height of his fame when he landed the role of Zorin so I don't see there being any issue with a 'famous' actor playing the villain.

I don't like AVTAK and I think among the.mistakes of the movie was casting a big star as the villain, it distracted from the character. Of course fame is a relative term and even now Viggo Mortensen is not nearly as famous as Christopher Walken was.
    Ludovico wrote:

I don't like AVTAK and I think among the.mistakes of the movie was casting a big star as the villain, it distracted from the character. Of course fame is a relative term and even now Viggo Mortensen is not nearly as famous as Christopher Walken was.

I couldn't disagree more. Whilst I'm no fan of AVTAK either, Walken is by far the best thing in it and is the only reason I like to watch it.
    Ludovico wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. Whilst I'm no fan of AVTAK either, Walken is by far the best thing in it and is the only reason I like to watch it.

I see Walken, not Zorin. In any case, I think the best villains were played by either unknown or semi-famous veteran actors. Of course, as I mentioned fame is a relative term, but Christopher Lee, Javier Bardem and Telly Savalas were not the stars that are say Tom Cruise, Leonardo di Caprio, Hugh Grant, Jude Law, Al Pacino or Robert de Niro. Actually, come to think of it, Mortensen might be lesser known than them. So I admit my objection might be moot.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I want hard hitting, bone crunching, face smashing, gut-kicking/punching fistfights!......that last at least 45 seconds per encountered opponent.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If Bond fighting with the villain is part of the end battle, we should get that.
    fjdinardo wrote:
    All i ask for is the Gunbarrel in the beginning please Barbara please give it to us

I agree with this guy
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    fjdinardo wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:

I agree with this guy
    Except I doubt Barbara has any kind of final word, especially with Mendes at the helm. At the end of the day, it will once again be his decision whether or not the gunbarrel appears.
    fjdinardo wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:

I agree with this guy
    Except I doubt Barbara has any kind of final word, especially with Mendes at the helm. At the end of the day, it will once again be his decision whether or not the gunbarrel appears.

He did say in some interview he really wanted to put the Gunbarrel in the beginning but felt it was silly because Bond was holding a gun when the film started. i defiantly think he will put the gunbarrel in the beginning for bond 24
    fjdinardo wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:

I agree with this guy

He did say in some interview he really wanted to put the Gunbarrel in the beginning but felt it was silly because Bond was holding a gun when the film started. i defiantly think he will put the gunbarrel in the beginning for bond 24

Yes, he tried to fit it in but thought the opening didn't allow it. Personally, I don't care if there is a gun barrel. I loved Skyfall's opening, and don't think it needed it at the start. I like traditions as much as the next guy, but for some reason I don't miss the gun barrel at the start at all.
    fjdinardo wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:

I agree with this guy

Yes, he tried to fit it in but thought the opening didn't allow it. Personally, I don't care if there is a gun barrel. I loved Skyfall's opening, and don't think it needed it at the start. I like traditions as much as the next guy, but for some reason I don't miss the gun barrel at the start at all.

I think you should definitely include that in the "Controversial Opinions" thread @0Brady ;-)
    fjdinardo wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:

I agree with this guy

I think you should definitely include that in the "Controversial Opinions" thread @0Brady ;-)

I've had this heated debate time and time again, I assure you. However, I still fail to see how my view is controversial. Then again, I am the one on the other side of the argument.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Brady makes a good point and to underpin it, it helps that the opening to all 3 of Craig's Bond films really didn't need a gun barrel because of how intense and striking they were, especially for SF. Those opening chords as Bond steps into frame, blurred in a darkly lit corridor was just genius. QoS could have opened with a gun-barrel but despite the choppy and hyper-kinetic editing, the opening car chase complete with Arnold's amazing music was superb.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I want a primary henchman who is a true physical challenge for Craig's Bond.