Spectre wish list

Comments

• edited November 2013 Posts: 14,816
    One that came to my mind today:

-I want Bond to end up with the Bond girl, but I want the ending with her to be original, i.e. not right making out while the army is looking for them or being caught making out by MI6, the CIA, M, etc. Maybe something like the end of the novel's TB? That woul fit Craig's tenure perfectly.

And for Bond 25 while I am at it: discover what happened to the Bond girl of Bond 24.
    Craig's Bond scuba diving in Caribbean waters. Skiing would be good too but leave that to Bond 25.

Dinner/lunch with the villain in a fairy tale type lair like in the Dr No and TMWTGG movies. In terms of the lairs, it's a bit of a problem thinking of new places. Seems like most have been covered - an underwater lair, a lair on top of a mountain, a lair in a rock, a lair in a volcano. We're yet to have a villain's headquarters in a castle in the films though.
    Bounine wrote:
    Craig's Bond scuba diving in Caribbean waters. Skiing would be good too but leave that to Bond 25.

Dinner/lunch with the villain in a fairy tale type lair like in the Dr No and TMWTGG movies. In terms of the lairs, it's a bit of a problem thinking of new places. Seems like most have been covered - an underwater lair, a lair on top of a mountain, a lair in a rock, a lair in a volcano. We're yet to have a villain's headquarters in a castle in the films though.

This. An Austrian castle for instance.
  • I'm surprised there hasn't been a villain with a castle lair. It might be a little over-the-top for a Craig movie, but I sure would like to see it sometime.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,598
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a villain with a castle lair. It might be a little over-the-top for a Craig movie, but I sure would like to see it sometime.

Yeah but the literary Bond is very much in line with Daniel Craig in terms of their darker takes on the character and Fleming had lairs in his books.
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a villain with a castle lair. It might be a little over-the-top for a Craig movie, but I sure would like to see it sometime.

If it is well, done, I don't see why it would be more than the Perla de la Duna and the island of Silva. A badguy with lots of resources and money could easily buy a ruined castle somewhere and refurbish it. Heck, he might not even have to buy it!
    The island in Skyfall was a great place for a villain's lair. It's a pity we never saw more of it. I would have liked to have seen what was upstairs as Silva came down in a lift. Some beautiful area with a dining room, lounge etc. with deep piled carpet and elegant décor.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The planned chase between Bond and Silva around the island may have given us just that but it wasn't needed for the story, so was never filmed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bounine wrote:
    The island in Skyfall was a great place for a villain's lair. It's a pity we never saw more of it. I would have liked to have seen what was upstairs as Silva came down in a lift. Some beautiful area with a dining room, lounge etc. with deep piled carpet and elegant décor.

Considering the looks of that dilapidated place, it would need a lot of work to reach that level of class. I'd pity the designer who took on that mission...
    Well, just one building. l pity the chaps who hollowed out the volcano for Blofeld. ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    talos7 wrote:
    I want a primary henchman who is a true physical challenge for Craig's Bond.

And who is developed as a character. It would only take a single scene.
  • echo wrote:
    talos7 wrote:

What do you mean by "developed"? There haven't been very many developed henchmen in the series, and the ones who are developed as characters don't tend to be the most memorable ones.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited November 2013 Posts: 5,962
    echo wrote:
    talos7 wrote:

What do you mean by "developed"? There haven't been very many developed henchmen in the series, and the ones who are developed as characters don't tend to be the most memorable ones.

Developed: Dent, Grant, Oddjob, Vargas (a little), Bunt, Jaws, Mischa and Griskha (a little), Mortner.

Undeveloped: Stamper, Kil, the bald guy from CR, Elvis.

It wouldn't take a lot of screentime--it's a line of a single dialogue about Vargas, and a little bit of revenge for the knife-throwing twins, as examples.

John Williams to score the film
    Bounine wrote:

Considering the looks of that dilapidated place, it would need a lot of work to reach that level of class. I'd pity the designer who took on that mission...

Maybe it was a mix of luxury and ruins.
    echo wrote:
    talos7 wrote:

Grant? He is an exception of course, but still, he is far more developed than his clones and he is very memorable.
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2013 Posts: 10,512
    Glitch hell.
  • RC7RC7
    Bounine wrote:
    Well, just one building. l pity the chaps who hollowed out the volcano for Blofeld. ;)

Yeah, a YOLT scenario in 2013 would feature disgruntled British tradesmen blocking the crater entrance, while protesting that the eastern Europeans inside couldn't possibly have done a better job of 'hollowing-out' than they would've.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,598
    ..and that the Eastern Euros shouldn't be receiving welfare payments from the British government.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If they don't bring Arnold back to score the film get Patrick Doyle!
    doubleoego wrote:

Won't Mendes want Newman back?
  • The GB at the start
    SPECTRE ( Far-fetched, I know)
    Memorable henchmen
    A snow chase
  • The GB at the start
    SPECTRE ( Far-fetched, I know)
    Memorable henchmen
    A snow chase

SPECTRE's looking less far-fetched now, at least for Bond 25 or 26.

Bounine wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Won't Mendes want Newman back?
    yes. What Mendes wants Mendes gets
    Depending on where 007 ends up in Bond 24 (and beyond), I'd like to see a rebooted version of a classic ally like Ali Kerim Bey or Tiger Tanaka, maybe even Marc-Ange Draco or Milos Colombo.
    00Ed wrote:
    Depending on where 007 ends up in Bond 24 (and beyond), I'd like to see a rebooted version of a classic ally like Ali Kerim Bey or Tiger Tanaka, maybe even Marc-Ange Draco or Milos Colombo.

What might work is one of Kerin Bey's sons. A nice nod to the past without having to do a reboot. They also work across the whole of south-eastern Europe from what I remember - might come in handy location-wise.

• edited December 2013 Posts: 2,598
    00Ed wrote:

Same here. There have been some good allies in the modern Bond films but with the exception of Mathis, they were sadly under used. Raoul, from DAD, would have made for an interesting ally but unfortunately he only featured briefly. Back in the Brosnan era they seemed to favour non stop action over everything else unfortunately.
    Man, it feels like I was just doing this earlier for SkyFall! Where did the time go?

Not that I expect to see hardly any of these, but hey, that's what a wish list is- purely wishes!

-traditional gunbarrel at the beginning of the movie
    -PTS with little relevance to the overall movie plot (sort of like GF's, MR's, FYEO's, and OP's- it's nice to see those occasional little "side missions" of Bond's)
    -A main villain with distinctive henchmen that hold actual relevance to the movie (I'm thinking along the lines of LALD, TSWLM, FYEO, OP, GE, TND, DAD, etc.)
    -A traditional final assault on the main villain's "lair" that includes some form of military intervention (in the fashion of GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, TSWLM, MR, TLD, etc.)
    -A "post-climax" action sequence in which the main henchman comes back for one final shot at 007 (I'm thinking along the lines of DAF, LALD, TMWTGG, TSWLM, and TND)
    -at least one or two useful and innovative gadgets (sort of like the briefcase in FRWL, the circular saw/magnetic watch in LALD, or the key ring in TLD)
    -A primary Bond girl which ends up with 007, romantically, by the end of the movie (just like every other Bond movie besides OHMSS, CR, QoS, and SF)
    -intentional use of the Bond theme for certain exciting/"Bondian" moments in the movie (without over-doing it like the early '60s Bond movies)

There will probably be more where that came from, hahaha, so that's a tentitive list!
    Oh, here are two of mine:

-A villain hiding in an old castle (Austrian maybe?).
    -A masquerade ball scene.

Just because.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I want to see Bond implementing some actual stealth! Stealth takedowns and stealth kills!