If Blofeld were to return to the modern Bond films...who would play him well?

Comments

Brent Spiner would be a decent Blofeld, now that he is older and a bit massier:

brentspiner.gif

Or Ciarán Hinds:

IA.30-34-528x347.jpg

Richard Sammel (Gettler in CR) would also deserve a main villain role:

422275_411475852250288_10566698_n.jpg

I agree, Spiner is a very good actor and would without a doubt give a strong performance as Blofeld. Craig and Spiner exchanging courtesies and threats on the big screen. What joy!
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    Rob Zombie! He has the hair for it! No just joking! I would say Gary Oldman as he is an outstanding actor and always brings new dimensions to any character that has been done before,
  • I would have never thought of Brett Spiner as Blofeld had I not seen that pic. He has a Charles Gray DAF look about him. Excellent suggestion.

I agree with most comments ,the reintroduction of Blofeld and Spectre can go either way. But as its the Craig era and a reboot then a younger Blofeld and evolution of SPECTRE sounds more sensible.

I like the idea that Quantum ultimately becomes SPECTRE as a super terrorist organisation wouldn't become one overnight
  • As this thread has made a resurrection, and once again, the idea of having either SPECTRE or Blofeld back in James Bond, seems at least, from a 21st century perspective, archaic if not appropriate. I just feel the character and organization seems terribly outdated for modern day Bond. Something that felt at home in the early years of the series, just feels has no place in today's releases, basically speaking
    Terrence Stamp...
  • Michael Shannon would be good and this is despite him playing General Zod. However, I think they should move from the previous looks they have had for the character and go with something new and that is why I think they should go with Tom Hardy.
  • SmithersSmithers Bandit Country
    Personally, I don't think the character should re-appear. However, Kevin Spacey would give the right amount of menace and I don't mean dressed up like he was at the beginning of Austin Powers 3!
    There could of course be some "bastard" offspring lying around somewhere........
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sam Neill!
    daybreakers-sam-neill-1.jpg
    First of all, now John Logan is going to pen an original two-parter, Bond 24 and Bond 25, I'm pretty damn certain QUANTUM will be back as crime syndicate. And it could very well be that Blofeld will return in those two Bond films.
    Michael Caine.

Honorable Mention: Colin Firth
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dieter Laser

blog-frightfest4-thehumancentipede.jpg

drheiter.jpg
    First of all, now John Logan is going to pen an original two-parter, Bond 24 and Bond 25, I'm pretty damn certain QUANTUM will be back as crime syndicate. And it could very well be that Blofeld will return in those two Bond films.

I am happy for Quantum to return. However? Blofeld should have nothing to do with it! It's clear we can have great NEW villains as Skyfall has proven. So get the story and cast right? Have them as part of the Quantum group and i am sure things will be alot more appealing to the Quantum haters.
    Mike Myers in full Dr Evil get up would be awesome
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 3,333
    I still don't agree with the minority of Blofeld bashers that he can't return. I also don't buy that we have had some great villains in the modern Bond era. This old chestnut is trotted out each time after a new Bond release, even when the subpar villains have been Gustav Graves, Elektra King, Elliot Carver, Alec Trevelyan and Dominic Greene to name a few.

The reinvention of Le Chiffre is proof that a character can be updated.
  • I know that he's not a very obvious choice but does anyone agree that Danny Huston, (Colonel Stryker from X-Men Origins: Wolverine) could play Blofeld? I feel like he could be a creative hybrid of Flemming's crewcut Mussolini discription of the character, and a new American interpretation of Blofeld. He's good at playing evil corrupt businessmen, and it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine a modern Blofeld in that way. Just a thought?
    I just had a thought--Clive Owen. I think he'd make a great villain
  • Daniel Radcliffe
  • Honestly, Ralph Fiennes would have been perfect for Blofeld but unfortunately it seems that in lieu of the events of Skyfall, that ship has irreversibly sailed...
  • oo7oo7
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,068
    the great thing of blofeld is though he does not have to have continuity in his acting or look as hes always redeveloping himself like a master of disguise. weight loss, plastic surgery, contact lens.
    it matters very little who plays him is all i am saying, what matters is what are his end goals.
    Bruce Campbell, although I'd like him as Felix!
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTMvt5D0bIw2twOY2_Xky7ZptgW9eMsQIU-wJL9WiL-9guFeOT

British actor Gareth Marks best known from BBC BUGS 1996-1998 he played arch villain Jean Daniel.
    Back in the '90s, I used to suggest Jurgen Pruchnow as a next-generation Blofeld, but I guess he's too old at this point.

I actually like the idea of Ciaran Hinds. His portrayal of Julius Caesar in Michael Apted's TV series Rome proves his ability to convincingly portray a megalomaniac mastermind.
  • Some have said that if Mendes returns to do Bond 24, which seems likely if Craig has his way, that he'll want Kevin Spacey to be Blofeld because they've worked together before and his name has always been thrown around as a possible contender for the role. While he's not my ideal choice I think Spacey could do a good job playing Blofeld. My only hesitation is that he'll come off too much like Lex Luther in the role, so I don't think he should be bald if he does play Blofeld. After all, in the books Blofeld is never described as bald, that was just a result of the poor creative license they took while making YOLT. Anyway Spacey can pull off a dark, evil character quite well, and as long as he brings those sinister elements to playing Blofeld while at the same time being original so as to differentiate from his other evil performances, then I think he could do a great job.
    00Ed wrote:
    I actually like the idea of Ciaran Hinds. His portrayal of Julius Caesar in Michael Apted's TV series Rome proves his ability to convincingly portray a megalomaniac mastermind.

I very much like the idea of Hinds as Blofeld. For the most part, I'd be against the return of Blofeld (I'd much rather EON develop new villains and new organizations for Bond to go up against), but if they could get Hinds to take on the part of Blofeld, I can't say that I'd be anything but excited to see that.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Idris Elba as Blofeld.
    i was watching the brilliant Hot Fuzz the other day and it struck me, that Tim Dalton should be approached to play Blofeld, he's so sinister but in a brilliantly funny way in Fuzz, that he could really bring a mad quirkiness to the character
  • Some have said that if Mendes returns to do Bond 24, which seems likely if Craig has his way, that he'll want Kevin Spacey to be Blofeld because they've worked together before and his name has always been thrown around as a possible contender for the role. While he's not my ideal choice I think Spacey could do a good job playing Blofeld. My only hesitation is that he'll come off too much like Lex Luther in the role, so I don't think he should be bald if he does play Blofeld. After all, in the books Blofeld is never described as bald, that was just a result of the poor creative license they took while making YOLT. Anyway Spacey can pull off a dark, evil character quite well, and as long as he brings those sinister elements to playing Blofeld while at the same time being original so as to differentiate from his other evil performances, then I think he could do a great job.

I'd personally welcome Spacey as a balding Blofeld. But I think he's already taken the archetype of Lex Luther and like John Malkovich and other such actors, would only remind some narrow minded movie-goers of the past roles they have portrayed. For instance - I would love John Malkovich to play Blofeld as well - but Malkovich has become gimmicky over the years and has even starred as the 'evil baddie' in a Johnny English film, one of the many films to parody Bond motifs.
  • I would like to see Michael Wincott as Bond villain, but I am not sure if the Blofeld character is the right one for him. Anyway, I would personally prefer to see more of the Quantum organisation instead of SPECTRE. Maybe something like QoS with the Quantum organisation in the background supporting some military takeover in an obscure country. Possible movie title: Colonel Sun.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    Gary Oldman or William Dafoe as Blofeld. I say John Malkovich would make a good Blofeld too.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Judi Dench in a bald cap.