If Blofeld were to return to the modern Bond films...who would play him well?

14567810»

Comments

• Clive Russell. Brian Cox?
    Brian Cox would have been perfect ten or fifteen years ago. Now he is too old.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Blofeld can definitely be old; that is not a problem, I think.
    Female - I don't mind it.
    Daughter - sure, and let Blofeld be dead at that point, with her trying to carry on his torch and reignite his organization.
    Son - ditto
    Dog or cat - now there, we could finally give Tiddles his chance! ;)
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Daughter - sure, and let Blofeld be dead at that point, with her trying to carry on his torch and reignite his organization.
    Sure, in fact anyone thats read the Gardner novels, knows that Gardner did just that - had Blofelds daughter Nena Blofeld resurrect Spectre and battle Bond.
    Exciting stuff.

But...........no, I would rather stick with male Ernst. Gardners tangent was an interesting literary adventure, as he was working with the Fleming continuity, in which Blofeld was dead, but Eon isn't burdened by that constraint.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I prefer a male Ernst, but I'm not stuck to it. I just want a very good actor indeed if/when they bring that character back. They have the rights, so I think they will.
    timmer wrote: »
    Sure, in fact anyone thats read the Gardner novels, knows that Gardner did just that - had Blofelds daughter Nena Blofeld resurrect Spectre and battle Bond.
    Exciting stuff.

But...........no, I would rather stick with male Ernst. Gardners tangent was an interesting literary adventure, as he was working with the Fleming continuity, in which Blofeld was dead, but Eon isn't burdened by that constraint.

And I think Blofeld works better as a sexually inactive, puritan villain. The Blofeld's daughter never worked for me: did Ernst changed her nappies? Did he let her have dolls? There is something inhuman about the character, making him a father just takes him away from this dimension.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    X3MSonicX wrote: »
    Patrick Stewart's the best option.

Look at the - not perfect - edition i made on his face:

PatrickStewartBlofeld.jpg

The scar in this image from a 2012 post catches my eye!

• Kevin Spacey. kevin-spacey-netflix-house-of-cards.png