Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

I'm sorry to hear of your loss @RogueAgent.

It must be awful having to deal with the added pressure of your mother's condition.

All I can say is what others have said, take care of yourself and keep the rest of your family around you.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Damn, that s bad.

But you will manage, I am certain.
    Thank you all for your kind words and offers. Knowing that and reading it gives me a lot of comfort and strength. You guys are all my online family to which I am always grateful for.

I will never let you guys down or my family. Learned many things from my dad to which one was to look out and look after each other.

Cheers everybody! :)>-
    I'm so sorry for your loss,i hadn't seen this..your dad wont leave you @RogueAgent....i have had more than my fair share of this ,so if you need a chat just message me...you are a valued member...as Bond would say @ "Keep the British End Up "...
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for your loss,i hadn't seen this..your dad wont leave you @RogueAgent....i have had more than my fair share of this ,so if you need a chat just message me...you are a valued member...as Bond would say @ "Keep the British End Up "...

Cheer's Barry that did make me chuckle and smile. Thank you
    You are more than welcome my friend,and the offer is genuine .
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RIP Bill Nunn.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    RIP to Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez. He was one of the most dominating pitchers in baseball and would have been one of the all time greats. He was only 24. :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A bad day for sports: golfing legend Arnold Palmer has passed away at the age of 87:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arnold-palmer-golf-legend-dies-at-87-004200526.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Arnold and Jose. One an absolute legend, the other a superstar in the making who's life was cut way too short. Both from the stories I've heard were tremendous people.
    RIP Arnold Palmer.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Arnold Palmer, legend. :(
    My dad is a huge golf fan so he'll be somewhat sad today.

Despite this, I confess that if it wasn't for Sean Connery's caddy in GF I probably wouldn't have heard of him.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Despite this, I confess that if it wasn't for Sean Connery's caddy in GF I probably wouldn't have heard of him.

Me too!

The caddies line in Goldfinger was the first thing I thought of when I heard!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    6b4ae49eeebaecfde105cb372ab6714e.jpg

ar132917073302667.JPG
  • Arnold Palmer had two (well one is sort of) connections to Eon:

--Appeared in Call Me Bwana.
    --He's referenced in one of the better lines in Goldfinger. "If that's his original ball, I'm Arnold Palmer!"
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Me too!

Me as well. It's actually also how I know of him! Always thought it was a nice little reference to The King of Golf. :)

Sad to hear of Mr Palmer's death, but it was a life well lived.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Me too!

Me as well. It's actually also how I know of him! Always thought it was a nice little reference to The King of Golf. :)

Not only one of the greatest Golfers but also getting name checked in the best Bond film of them all!

A life well lived indeed!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Me too!

Not only one of the greatest Golfers but also getting name checked in the best Bond film of them all!

A life well lived indeed!

Seconded. :)
    RIP Arnold Palmer. A true gentleman of the game.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Arnold Palmer had two (well one is sort of) connections to Eon:

--Appeared in Call Me Bwana.
    --He's referenced in one of the better lines in Goldfinger. "If that's his original ball, I'm Arnold Palmer!"

No, no, it's 'Oim Aarnold Paarmer' ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    RIP to Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez. He was one of the most dominating pitchers in baseball and would have been one of the all time greats. He was only 24. :(

Oh no, what happened?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Oh no, what happened?

A boating accident of some sort, @BondJasonBond006. I don't know how many details on the death have been released at this point.
    Just learned that french comic book artist Ted Benoit passed away today, aged 69.

newsarama.com/31282-ted-benoit-passes-away-at-69.html

I really loved his work. he will be missed by all lovers of European comics.
    Palmer's various business interests made him roughly $42million last year.
    Boggles how successful he was.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hitting a ball with a club gives you access to all the goods in the world?
    Ridiculous, but you still die.
    Hitting a ball with a club gives you access to all the goods in the world?
    Ridiculous, but you still die.

No matter how successful you are, you still die at the end of it.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    There are two things in life that are certain One is Death the other is Taxes
    Thankyou. Woody Allen.
    RIP Mike Towell.
    A young British boxer who has died today..
    1991-2016.