Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited August 2016 Posts: 5,080
    Just learned of Gene Wilder's passing. RIP, such a big part of my childhood.

"Oh little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
    I've just seen this.....the first of my 'big 'movie actors that i love,to go.....shit...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Gene Wilder. You will be missed. :(
    Stop this year, I want to get off. So many of my beloved artists have passed away. I know that they were bound to go sooner or later, but I would have rather they passed away later. Much later. Much much later.
    I am very saddened to hear about Gene Wilder. He was huge- especially for my generation who grew up on Young Frankenstein and Willy Wonka. :(
    And Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother too :

"There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination..."

RIP Gene.
    RIP Gene Wilder. I still watch Willy Wonka when it's on tv. "Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A true icon that will always be utterly recognizable amongst a pack. He brought life and humor and wit to so many roles, and caused many smiles. We'll miss you, Gene.
    Is 2016 brutal or what? There should be some sort of award for any celeb making it through this year it seems!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Gene Wilder. Another sad loss in 2016.
    Jesus, if you wanna cry, feast your eyes....

14199719_10154731589898812_1455973390617612989_n.png?oh=1e436c626409b77e63f3224efd543cbf&oe=583DC18B
    2016 continues.... RIP Gene
    Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstien, The Producers, Silver Streak, Stir Crazy and See No Evil Hear No Evil. To name a few films Gene did he was many people's childhood, R.I.P. a true legend.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Truly RIP Mr. Gene Wilder...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    What can be said that hasn't already about the great Gene Wilder. An irreplaceable talent who brought so many smiles.
    The original (and best) Willy Wonka.
    charlie.jpg
    And my personal favourite, The Waco Kid.

RIP Gene Wilder, thanks for the laughs and smiles.
    Wrestling manager Mr Fuji (managed Yokozuna and Powers of Pain among others)

He was born in Hawaii , wonder if he knew Sakata who also was in the biz ?
    RIP Gene Wilder! Gutted to hear of his passing. Love his double acts with Richard Pryor, but he will always be the Waco Kid from Blazing Saddles! ^:)^
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mr Wilder was so loved by us growing up because we could sense he was the real deal, a genuinely friendly person in addition to being funny of course.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 11,189
    The '71 Willy Wonka film was another favourite of mine growing up. Have already watched this clip several times today.

It seems the same thing happened with Wilder as with Connery in that the authors of the original stories disliked their portrayal, yet they became iconic with the general public.
    He was awesome Mr Gene Wilder may he rest in peace of upset the whole ruddy hereafter with his friends.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I will just say one thing.

'Put....the candle...back!'
    Two deads today. First, the director of the first Batman movie died this week, aged 101. No, I'm not talking about Tim Burton, you young whippersnappers. I'm talking about Leslie H. Martinson, who directed the first movie, with Adam West and Burt Ward, a classic in camp, as well as numerous episodes of everything under the sun, from westerns to police dramas to comedies :

cbr.com/batman-the-movie-director-leslie-h-martinson-dead-at-101/

Frankly, I didn't even know he was still alive. Still, 101 is not a bad age to go. And here's a scene from that movie to remind you of the guy :

And in France, we lost actor Jean Franval at the age of 89. Among his most famous parts, there was Vitalis in the 1981 adaptation of "Sans Famille" with Petula Clark, and "Black Jack", in the eponymous Ken Loach movie.

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-358520-le-comedien-jean-franval-est-decede-a-l-age-de-89-ans.html
    Isn't it also the second anniversary of Richard Kiel's death?
    I haven t seen BATMAN THE MOVIE, but that clip above is the funniest thing I have seen all day.
  • RC7RC7
    I haven t seen BATMAN THE MOVIE, but that clip above is the funniest thing I have seen all day.

It's a brilliant movie. Totally ludicrous.
    I love the old tv show, what little I have seen of it, so I am sure the movie is great.

I am also sure it would be received better than BvS by some here, were it released today.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Prince Buster died yesterday. In honour of the ska man -

Greta Zimmer Friedman has passed away this week, aged 92. Her claim to fame ? This picture :

kissing-sailorv4.jpg

Frankly, I didn't even know she was still alive.

And I've leared today that Claude-jean Philippe died also this week. For me, he was the producer and voice of Antenne 2's "Ciné-Club", where he presented old movies for the public channel. Alas, his show died in 1994, which was too bad. He has been a vital part of my formative years as a movie enthusiast.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 19,339
    My tribute today is to America,and the people of New York....i dont need to tell you all why...i always watch 9/11 documentaries today and only today..to show the beautiful people who died on this day that they will never be forgotten...my cousins from across the sea....i salute you,and feel your anger and pain...God bless America on this day.