Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It was their time.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Long lives well lived. I salute them both in their passing on.
    French actor and director Pierre Étaix died this week, aged 87.

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-360066-deces-de-l-acteur-clown-cineaste-et-dessinateur-pierre-etaix-a-l-age-de-87-ans.html

This year has not been kind to celebrities, I think.
    ???

Even celebrities get old and die.
    Yes, I know, but still, there has been a lot who died this year.
    There certainly has.

We all die and return to dust. That is the way of the world.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,151
    RIP Jean Alexander, who played Coronation Street legend Hilda Ogden for 23 years or so. She was 90.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/oct/14/jean-alexander-who-played-coronation-streets-hilda-ogden-dies
    Never been a fan of soaps though Hilda was well known back in the day R.I.P.
    Didn't see this until just recently, but RIP Bill Nunn.
    Re Jean Alexander - I didn't know she was still alive but I'm too young to remember her character. Heard of her of course. At least she lived as good full life.
    Just heard that rugby coach Anthony Foley died suddenly in Paris today, aged 42 :

bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/37672703

That's really too young to die.
    That s just awful.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    On this day in 2009 the world lost the very first villain in the Bond movie universe. RIP Joseph Wiseman. It seems very apt that we have been discussing him and his movie in the MI6 Community Bondathon thread.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 12,268
    On this day in 2009 the world lost the very first villain in the Bond movie universe. RIP Joseph Wiseman. It seems very apt that we have been discussing him and his movie in the MI6 Community Bondathon thread.

Dr. No remains one of my favorite Bond villains; always have loved that character. Truly one of Spectre's greatest members, brought to life perfectly by Wiseman's cold, robotic-like performance.
    He deserved to be the titular character.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Dr. No remains one of my favorite Bond villains; always have loved that character. Truly one of Spectre's greatest members, brought to life perfectly by Wiseman's cold, robotic-like performance.

Agreed on both counts. Wiseman set the standard for all of the Bond villains that followed with Dr Julius No.
    A little less than 41 years ago, legendary film composer Bernard Herrmann passed away. I've been listening to his music a lot lately - Citizen Kane, Vertigo, Taxi Driver, North by Northwest, Cape Fear, Psycho - the man really had some tremendous scores. One of my favorites who was in the business.
    In two days, it will be fifty years since the Aberfan disaster happened. Seeing the book featuring the names of the poor little victims at the Pierhead in Cardiff really tore my heart out from my chest last year.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I remember watching the story unfold on the news with my mother who was in tears I couldn't of been much more that four at the time it's never left me.
  • RC7RC7
    A little less than 41 years ago, legendary film composer Bernard Herrmann passed away. I've been listening to his music a lot lately - Citizen Kane, Vertigo, Taxi Driver, North by Northwest, Cape Fear, Psycho - the man really had some tremendous scores. One of my favorites who was in the business.

A genius, for me.
    Just learned that comic book artist Steve Dillon had died this week, aged 54 :

cbr.com/preacher-co-creator-steve-dillon-passes-away/

I think I had met him once during a convention in London. Still, too young to die, really.
  • Damn, I loved his work on The Punisher. I wonder what happened; no details on the link.
    Was he sick?
    Gerard wrote: »
    In two days, it will be fifty years since the Aberfan disaster happened. Seeing the book featuring the names of the poor little victims at the Pierhead in Cardiff really tore my heart out from my chest last year.

Yes, that was a real tragedy. I recall hearing of it when I was pretty young too, though of course many years after the event in my case. A preventable incident too, which makes it all the more tragic.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Just learned that comic book artist Steve Dillon had died this week, aged 54 :

cbr.com/preacher-co-creator-steve-dillon-passes-away/

I think I had met him once during a convention in London. Still, too young to die, really.

Damn, his work on The Preacher is legendary.

Didn't he literally finish the score for Taxi Driver on the day he died?

Love his music. One of the best ever film composers.
    It s hard to imagine Taxi Driver without that score.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 6,432
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37743674

Dads Army creator Dies at 93 Jimmy Perry, still watch the odd episode always had a fondness for the show. R.I.P.
    I've always felt a little indifferent to the show itself, but I adore the theme:
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Steve Dillon was one of the classic Judge Dredd artists back in the 1980s. Although he's probably best known for his Preacher work, his great work on 2000AD is what led to his career in US comics.

e2c7b1452a30ed4e9b385235a7824ab9.jpg