Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    William Morgan Sheppard just passed. I know him best as the colonel in the first few Medal of Honor games and he played a Klingon on Star Trek VI.
    Also the old Canton Everett Delaware III in the Doctor Who episode "The Impossible Astronaut. Which was loogical, iven that he was the father of Mark Shephard, who played the younger version of the character in the same episode.
    French playwright Pierre Barillet, author, among others, of Cactus Flower, has passed away, aged 95 :

https://manchikoni.com/pierre-barillet-co-author-of-potiche-and-fleur-de-cactus-is-dead/
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 1,661
    British comic artist Ron Smith has died. He was 94. RIP. He was regarded as one of the most iconic 2000 AD Judge Dredd artists of the 1980s. Some of the greatest Dredd stories were illustrated by Ron Smith. He also drew the character in the Daily Star newspaper:

KG8yComR_2912131732331.jpg

Another great of the coimic book world, Batton Lash, creator of Supernatural Law, has passed away, aged 65 :

https://bleedingcool.com/2019/01/12/batton-lash-creator-of-supernatural-law-dies/

slawstrip8b.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    John Burningham, first ilustrator of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jan/07/john-burningham-obituary
    Actor PAUL KOSLO passed away at the age of 74 a few days ago. Great actor in THE OMEGA MAN, MR MAJESTIC as well as numerous television shows: ROCKFORD FILES, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO, etc
    RIP. So far this has only been reported on various Facebook movie pages.

paul-koslo_1787760.jpg
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 1,640
    Jon Benn (mobster boss William in Way of Dragon , now all 4 BL villains are dead : Ying Chieh , Hashimoto , Benn & Kien. Game was never finished so Lee completed 4 films)

Wong Jack Man (the man Bruce Lee fought in SF , it even made front page news in Chinatown.....this fight was an important moment in Lee's life as it led to the creation of his own art , JKD)
    Broadway legend Carol Channing has passed away, aged 97. Farewell, Dolly. Louis is waiting for you upstairs.

playbill.com/article/carol-channing-broadways-beloved-dolly-dies-at-97
    Damn. Carol Channing. A legend.
  • Television writer Henry Sharp, 106. Initially he wrote comedies. Then, in the mid-1960s, he wrote for spy-fi shows. He was a major contributor for The Wild Wild West. http://bit.ly/2TR3zc2
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP to the legendary Carol Channing, what a career and life she had.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The single most Welsh Welshman, Windsor Davies has passed away (1930-2019), It's odd, I was only thinking of Grand Slam a few days ago. Like Mike Bassett, it's one of those sports films you don't have to be a sports fan to enjoy.

DIUMvlTWAAIQJsF.jpg

RIP

"Eh, feel."
    "Feel what?"
    "Feel Bennet."
    "Oh, Phil Bennet. Yeah, what about him?"
    "Feel Bennett, pffft ."
    "Oh aye. *pours drink over french guy, and starts a brawl*"
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The single most Welsh Welshman, Windsor Davies has passed away (1930-2019), It's odd, I was only thinking of Grand Slam a few days ago. Like Mike Bassett, it's one of those sports films you don't have to be a sports fan to enjoy.

DIUMvlTWAAIQJsF.jpg

RIP

"Eh, feel."
    "Feel what?"
    "Feel Bennet."
    "Oh, Phil Bennet. Yeah, what about him?"
    "Feel Bennett, pffft ."
    "Oh aye. *pours drink over french guy, and starts a brawl*"

R.I.P. Windsor Davies, I remember him from Never the Twain in my youth and of course Carry on England
    RIP Windsor Davies.

From Never the Twain to the Carry on films. Another comedy icon is sadly lost. Thank you for all the belly laughs you gave me, and continue to do so.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP Windsor Davies.

You wouldn't get away with a lot of this nowadays.
    Back when people had a sense of humour.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Masazo Nonaka has died today at age 113. He was the oldest living male in the world. Gustav Gerneth, a 113 years old German, is now the new record holder.
    Benny wrote: »
    RIP Windsor Davies.

You wouldn't get away with a lot of this nowadays.
    Back when people had a sense of humour.

Exactly. Its unfortunate, but if they do a tribute to him, it's highly unlikely they'll repeat that series!
    RIP Windsor Davies
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 14,831
    My uncle the husband of my mother's sister died of cancer yesterday. He was a great guy, quiet but very sweet, with a dry sense of humour and he was a natural grandfather to his two grand daughters. Seriously he was one of the kindest, sweetest man I've ever known. RIP.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Legendary film producer (producing so many fond memories of a certain age group), Andy Vajna has passed. Age 74.

Rambo films, Total Recall, Angel Heart, Red Heat, Evita, Nixon... on and on and on... with plenty of fun cheese spread in there as well (Color of Night anyone?).

Damn.

They don't make flicks like this anymore...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Ludovico wrote: »
    My uncle the husband of my mother's sister died of cancer yesterday. He was a great guy, quiet but very sweet, with a dry sense of humour and he was a natural grandfather to his two grand daughters. Seriously he was one of the kindest, sweetest man I've ever known. RIP.

I just saw what you posted-- sorry, my friend. Didn't mean to ignore. My sincere condolences.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

My condolences, @Ludovico
    peter wrote: »
    Legendary film producer (producing so many fond memories of a certain age group), Andy Vajna has passed. Age 74.

Rambo films, Total Recall, Angel Heart, Red Heat, Evita, Nixon... on and on and on... with plenty of fun cheese spread in there as well (Color of Night anyone?).

Damn.

They don't make flicks like this anymore...

That's one hell of a legacy.
    My heartfelt condolecences, @Ludovico .

Tony Mendez, the real CIA officer behind the "Canadian Plot" (which formed the basis for Argo), played on the screen by Ben Affleck, has passed away from Parkinson's disease aged 78 :

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/tony-mendez-dead-dies-argo-ben-affleck-cia-officer-1203112819/
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Sorry for the loss of your uncle, @Ludovico.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Sorry for the loss of your uncle, @Ludovico.

Same here, @Ludovico.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So sorry to hear of your loss, @Ludovico, cancer really is a bitch. We're always here to talk if you need to.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 12,270
    @Ludovico I’m so sorry to hear that that happened. You can PM me if you want any support.
    Thank you all for your kind words. I hadn't seen him in years, partially because he became less sociable as the illness was getting the better of him, but he was always close to my parents. I had other uncles who died and of a form or other of cancer and it did not have the same effect on me. I guess it affects me more because he was close to my parents (partially because my mother is herself very close to her sister, partially because my father and him started dating the two sisters around the same time) and he was of the same generation as them.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sorry to you and your family for your loss @Ludovico