Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RIP Clive Swift. It's impossible no to think of him as the ever put upon Richard first. Also two Doctor Who stories: Revelation Of The Daleks (1985) and Voyage Of The Damned (2007)
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Dick Miller - appeared in many films including Gremlins and Terminator.

Dick-Miller.jpg

Miller played the gunstore owner in Terminator.

British comic, radio broadcaster Jeremy Hardy - age 57 to cancer. Came to fame in the late 80s and early 90s and was a regular on radio.

RIP Clive Swift. Thank you for the many laughs growing up.
    RIP JULIE ADAMS

51240349_1019324058267461_5248401665790312448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=c05b1ef59c823af85bc90be9b3f114ca&oe=5CE7561F
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 19,339
    SHIT !!!!

Albert Finney has just died !!!!

ef3528e401b8dff886f357013ceb6881719cfd15a2cd7a250348c7a9761b5773.jpg
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Wow, that's tragic. Calls for another viewing of either Murder on the Orient Express and/or Miller's Crossing and/or SF. R.I.P., great man.
    DAMN!!! My favorite Scrooge.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Same here !!

One of my all time favourite Christmas films.

4102.jpg
    barryt007 wrote: »

Same here !!

4102.jpg

Me as well. The only version I find truly moving both in a humorous musical way as well as tragic. A wonderful performance by Finney.

Same here !!

4102.jpg

Me as well. The only version I find truly moving both in a humorous musical way as well as tragic. A wonderful performance by Finney.

Indeed....it always brings a tear to my eye and a lump my throat when I watch it,and the ghost of the coach and horses in his house still scares me !

Same here !!

4102.jpg

Indeed....it always brings a tear to my eye and a lump my throat when I watch it,and the ghost of the coach and horses in his house still scares me !

Finney's performance of "You" as he relives his fiancee leaving him brings a tear to my eye. Then his interaction with The Ghost of Christmas Present brings a smile to my face.
    The best Poirot on the big screen indeed.

Oh, and it's official : Footballer Emiliano Sala died in a plane crash near Guernsey. His body was recovered today :

https://walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-emiliano-sala-dead-body-15771583

Tragic, really.

Same here !!

4102.jpg

Finney's performance of "You" as he relives his fiancee leaving him brings a tear to my eye. Then his interaction with The Ghost of Christmas Present brings a smile to my face.

Hahaha Scrooge is totally pissed in that scene,i love it.

And the colours and magic it creates as well.
    Very sad
    RIP Albert Finney.
    I'll be watching MILLERS CROSSING in his memory.
    He gets to star in one of the best shootouts in cinema, in that sequence when he takes on two hitmen in his bedroom. Really cool set piece..
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Very sad
    RIP Albert Finney.
    He gets to star in one of the best shootouts in cinema, in that sequence when he takes on two hitmen in his bedroom. Really cool set piece..

That's one film I need to get another copy of. Great movie.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,446
    I have seen 3 from the 4 movies (Bourne Legacy & Ultimatum, Ocean 12) i own on dvd with him + SF. He haven't a much big list of movies, but i believe he whas more of theater man and be loved (prased) for that.

Rip.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Very sad
    RIP Albert Finney.

He's great in that film as the hard boiled Leo. And you're right, a great shootout.

An amazing career. He will be sadly missed.
    What a tough loss. Albert Finney is among my favorite actors. Scrooge, Big Fish, and Skyfall are all among my favorite films of all time. He really contributed greatly to them and many other films.
    Did anyone see a horror movie he made called WOLFEN? Odd little movie, but Finney is great in it!
    GUMSHOE, that's another little gem he starred in. Directed by Stephen Frears.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,394
    R. I. P. Albert Finney a great actor I'll watch Murder on the Orient Express tonight. I was debating whether to have a drink though I think I will, another acting Legend passes away.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    SHIT !!!!

RIP. The best movie Hercule Poirot ever. Sidney Lumet'sMURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS is also my fy favourite Agatha Christie movie adaption.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Did anyone see a horror movie he made called WOLFEN? Odd little movie, but Finney is great in it!

Yepp, seen it once on TV. Ages ago.
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    SHIT !!!!

RIP. The best movie Hercule Poirot ever. Sidney Lumet'sMURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS is also my fy favourite Agatha Christie movie adaption.
    Finney was a great actor but the best Poirot was by far Peter Ustinov! Sir Peter was just peerless in his craft. I could watch the man read a cereal box and be entertained. The man was just incredible!

SHIT !!!!

Finney was a great actor but the best Poirot was by far Peter Ustinov! Sir Peter was just peerless in his craft. I could watch the man read a cereal box and be entertained. The man was just incredible!

This is for the Agatha Christie thread started by @Dragonpol but I always thought Ustinov played Poirot like a fat buffoon. Albert Finney's Poirot was full of mannerisms but he kept a sense of pride and dignity.
    I would agree, Ludovico.

Now, another sad news : French cartoonist Tomi Ungerer, illustrator of, among others, The Three Robbers, has passed away, aged 87.

https://thenews.com.pk/latest/429867-french-cartoonist-llustrator-tomi-ungerer-is-dead
  • The thing is, Finney was at the edges of Bond. He worked for Harry Saltzman (pre-Eon) in Saturday Night and Sunday Morning. He played opposite Diane Cilento (Connery's first wife) in Tom Jones. But he didn't actually become directly involved with Bond until Skyfall, his final film acting part.
    And he played opposite to Sean Connery in Murder on the Orient Express.
    The sign of a great actor IMHO is that he can take a small role and just "own it" , giving it a weight and significance that other actors can't bring. Kincade brings both emotional resonance with Bond's past plus some dry humour. I know I'm not the only Bond fan who really appreciates Finney's contribution to the Bond heritage. Watching Skyfall again will bring a tinge of sadness.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Actor Carmen Argenziano, of Stargate SG-1, LA Law and Melrose Place fame. 75 years old.