Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Luke Perry.
    My nieces were very much into BH90210, but I know him mostly from his 3 second cameo in The 5Th Element.
    I knew him mainly from this:
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Keith Flint with Michael Schumacher:

uk96dro1e5k21.jpg
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I knew him mainly from this:

Me too. It was an hilarious episode.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Luke Perry appeared in a film with Roger Moore. It's called The Enemy.

Rest in peace, Mr. Perry.
    Came out of work this evening to learn of the passing of Luke Perry. I knew he had suffered a stroke as I understood it? Completely stunned. RIP.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sad news with the passing of both Keith Flint and Luke Perry. RIP.
    Two stunning deaths in one day, one apparent suicide and the other one a victim of a stroke, may both gents Flint and Perry rest in peace.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    R. I. P. King Kong Bundy.

Mania-2.jpg
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    French pianist Jacques Loussier died on Tuesday, at the age of 84.

I'm quoting Spiegel Online (www.spiegel.de), by way of a DeepL translation:

The music world mourns the loss of one of the pioneers of Classical Crossover. The French pianist Jacques Loussier died on Tuesday. He was 84 years old.

Loussier became known above all for his interpretations of classical works by Johann Sebastian Bach, which he mixed with jazz elements. In 1959, together with bassist Pierre Michelot and drummer Christian Garros, he founded the "Play Bach Trio", whose five albums sold millions of copies.

In 1978 Loussier dissolved the trio to devote himself to his own compositions. At the same time he worked as a producer with Pink Floyd, Sting and Elton John. On Bach's 300th birthday Loussier reissued the "Play Bach Trio" in 1985, this time supported by bassists Vincent Charbonnier and André Arpino on drums.

Loussier has been awarded various prizes for his work, including the "German Jazz Trophy" for his life's work in 2010. In addition to combining classical music and jazz, Loussier has also composed more than a hundred television and film scores.

I'm sure that his interpretations which I heard at a tender young age very much opened my mind to the genius that was Johann Sebastian Bach, and I've always regretted that Loussier never followed up with further recordings of that kind.
    Jacques Loussier was also a composer for movies (Dark of the Sun, among others) and TV series. His themes are known by heart by those of my generation. Here's his two most famous ones :

And of course, there's that :

A giant has left us.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 5,811
    And now, Jan Michael Vincent :

https://tmz.com/2019/03/08/airwolf-star-jan-michael-vincent-dead/#

He died in february, but his demise was only announced today.

That series was very popular in France in the 80s. One of the mainstays of the defunct channel "la 5"

• edited March 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I didn't know he had his right leg amputated in 2012.
    Looks like he had tough luck in his life.

RIP Jan,time to fly Airwolf up to heaven.

OblongZigzagCurassow-small.gif
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I remember first seeing Jan-Michael Vincent in The Mechanic when I was a kid, where has time gone R.I.P.
    Poor guy- it was just a matter of time for him. He’s been in rough shape for a long time. In a way I’m glad he’s finally at peace I suppose
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Another part of my youth gone. RIP String. :(
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,444
    From Airwolf s3 review from http://www.dvdinfo.be/bespreking.php?id=3915
    about Michael Vincent ilness.

Original Dutch
    Back to basics, dan? Helaas, nee. Hoe zeer ik het ook liever niet schrijf, er is toch één zwaar probleem dat dit derde seizoen teistert en dat probleem is acteur Jan Michael Vincent. De man was tijdens de opnamen van het derde seizoen vaak in hogere, door alcohol gecreëerde sferen en dat is er soms aan te zien. In één van de afleveringen houdt hij zijn éne arm voortdurend stijf tegen zijn lichaam gedrukt omdat hij die net had bezeerd bij het aftroeven van zijn vrouw. In Tracks kan hij nog maar amper op zijn benen staan en zijn tekst brabbelen. Dat is, wanneer hij niet handig (?) wordt weggecamoufleerd ten voordele van zijn stunt double wiens naam eigenlijk in de credits had moeten staan. Op de set werden de zaken ook al niet vrolijker, want het gebeurde dat Ernest Borgnine en Jan Michael Vincent wekenlang niet meer met elkaar spraken behalve tijdens hun verplichte lijntjes tekst, wat de kwaliteit niet echt bevorderde. Dat is de doodsteek voor Airwolf geweest. Nadien is het nog allemaal veel erger geworden: Jan Michael Vincent heeft een paar lelijke auto-ongelukken gehad en die wonderwel overleefd en "vegeteert" tegenwoordig in een revalidatiecentrum waar hij wegens een rugletsel wellicht nooit zal wegraken. Bij Christopher Reeve ervaarde men de reactie op zijn ongeluk als een bron van inspiratie en Reeve heeft nog vele goeie dingen kunnen verrichten door op te komen voor de acceptatie van lichamelijk gehandicapten. Jan Michael Vincent weet daarentegen naar verluidt zelfs zijn eigen naam niet meer. Paradoxaal genoeg ziet Ernest Borgnine er op zijn gezegende leeftijd nog schitterend uit!

English translation
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=nl&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.dvdinfo.be/bespreking.php?id=3915&xid=17259,1500004,15700021,15700186,15700191,15700248,15700253&usg=ALkJrhjjPsbei7Ee9NvfK2JSaYaJHZEx6Q
    Back to basics, then? Unfortunately, no. No matter how much I prefer not to write, there is one serious problem that plagues this third season and that problem is actor Jan Michael Vincent. During the shooting of the third season, the man was often in higher atmospheres created by alcohol and that can sometimes be seen. In one of the episodes he keeps his one arm constantly pressed against his body because he had just hurt it when tapping his wife. In Tracks he can barely stand on his legs and babbling his text. That is, when he is not cleverly camouflaged (?) In favor of his stunt double whose name should actually have been in the credits. Things did not get any happier on the set either, because it happened that Ernest Borgnine and Jan Michael Vincent did not talk to each other for weeks, except during their compulsory lines of text, which did not really improve quality. That was the death blow for Airwolf . Afterwards it has all become much worse: Jan Michael Vincent has had some ugly car accidents and survived this wonderfully and "vegetates" nowadays in a rehabilitation center where he may never get lost due to a back injury. With Christopher Reeve one experienced the reaction to his accident as a source of inspiration and Reeve has been able to do many good things by standing up for the acceptance of physically disabled people. By contrast, Jan Michael Vincent no longer even knows his own name. Parad

Of course in the meantime Ernest Borgnine past a way too on age of 99 in 2012. You can see him 2 years before his death in Red where he whas 96/97.

Alex Cord (Archangel) is in his 80's now, born in 1933. Jean Bruce Scott is from 1956 and celebrate her 63 birthday on 25 Feb, so mabey it fun if Universal give her a cameo in Bond 25.
    Just learned about the death of Jacques Baudoin, famous french comedian and actor (he was the original voice of Dougal - Pollux - in The Magic Roundabout), aged 94. Frankly, I didn't knw he was still alive.

https://actu.orange.fr/societe/culture/pollux-lucky-luke-mickey-mort-de-jacques-bodoin-doyen-des-chansonniers-et-grande-voix-de-l-animation-magic-CNT000001dBK7a.html
    RIP Stringfellow Hawk. Literally just learned on here about it. Shocked. Thank you for wonderful childhood memories.
    Another of my uncles died last weekend. The older brother of my father. He was 82. My parents were at his side when it happened. It's not the sibling of my father that died (he comes from a big family), but in later years my parents got closer to him and his wife. I saw him last ten years ago or so at my brother's wedding.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Another of my uncles died last weekend. The older brother of my father. He was 82. My parents were at his side when it happened. It's not the sibling of my father that died (he comes from a big family), but in later years my parents got closer to him and his wife. I saw him last ten years ago or so at my brother's wedding.

Sorry to hear that, @Ludovico .
    I had an uncle pass away a few years ago and I was just thinking about him yesterday. Married my aunt on my Dad's side when I was very young and we would chat movies and Bond. He was clearly a Connery fan.
    Sorry for your loss.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle, @Ludovico.
    Thanks @ToTheRight and @Dragonpol . I didn't know my uncle all that much, but I find it troubling that recently, we have had quite a few deaths in my family, all of them pretty much the generation of my parents. Thankfully my parents are in their early 70s and healthy (touch wood). What was really sad is that my father had to break the news to his elder sister, his oldest surviving relative, who is now 88. I hope I can see her again, last time was for Christmas 2017, where she was very sweet with my little boy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks @ToTheRight and @Dragonpol . I didn't know my uncle all that much, but I find it troubling that recently, we have had quite a few deaths in my family, all of them pretty much the generation of my parents. Thankfully my parents are in their early 70s and healthy (touch wood). What was really sad is that my father had to break the news to his elder sister, his oldest surviving relative, who is now 88. I hope I can see her again, last time was for Christmas 2017, where she was very sweet with my little boy.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, @Ludovico - that's kind of how it went for me as well, a period of about a year and a half where I lost my father, uncle and grandmother, all to cancer. There's definitely a macabre consistency to personal loss sometimes.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, @Ludovico - that's kind of how it went for me as well, a period of about a year and a half where I lost my father, uncle and grandmother, all to cancer. There's definitely a macabre consistency to personal loss sometimes.

Thanks @Creasy47 . Only one of my uncles so far was lost to cancer, otherwise it was pretty much old age.

So sorry to read about another close family member. Never easy to deal with, thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Thanks @Creasy47 . Only one of my uncles so far was lost to cancer, otherwise it was pretty much old age.

You're very welcome, still sorry to hear. We're always here to talk if you need to!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Charlie Whiting, the Formula 1 race director since 1988, who was in Melbourne this weekend to start his 32nd season at the job, was found dead in his hotel room this morning. He suffered a sudden pulmonary embolism. He was 66 years old.

0-Michael-Schumacher-2012.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Character actor Richard Erdman has passed away aged 93.
    "Shut up Leonard."

RIP Sir.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sorry to hear about your uncle's passing, @Ludovico. I wish you all the strength you and your parents need right now.