Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    Whovians are in mourning today : Paddy Russell, who directed some of the most beloved episodes of Classic Who ("The Massacre", "Invasion of the Dinosaurs", "Pyramids of Mars" and "Horror of Fang Rock") has passed away, aged 89 :

doctorwhonews.net/2017/11/paddy-russell-1928-2017.html

RIP

It might be one of those stories that doesn't have a good reputation among fans, but I quite like Invasion Of The Dinosaurs.

"Good grief. It's a Stegosaurus!"
    Alas, she's not the only one in the world of Who to have left us : Legendary composer Dudley Simpson has passed away, aged 95. He was responsible for the music of so many classic episodes, but also the man behind the theme of Blake's 7. After watching "The Leisure Hive" and "Meglos", I can tell that the series lost a lot by replacing him and his band by synths. Yes, I know, it was the 80s, but still...

doctorwhonews.net/2017/11/dudley-simpson-1922-2017.html

For a few of his compositions (among others).
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Raymond Benson himself honours Paul Baack. Amazing:

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Lovely tribute to Paul from Raymond Benson. Thanks for sharing @ggl007
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Benny wrote: »

My pleasure. It's indeed a marvellous suite.
  • ggl007 wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »

My pleasure. It's indeed a marvellous suite.

I was there. It was even better in person. Mr. Benson has done this before, going as far back as the 1994 James Bond convention in Los Angeles.
    Antonio Carluccio the top Italian chef and half of the 'Greedy Italians' duo with Gennero Contaldo,has died.

Gutted.

_98666148_mediaitem98666145.jpg

RIP and thanks for the food memories and laughs,Antonio.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Karin Dor passed away today at the age of 79. Still "breaking".
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RIP to Karin Dor, one of the more intriguing Bond beauties. While she played a minor character in YOLT, those little shots of sympathy I felt for Brandt as she was ordered around by Blofeld, and the fear you could see pouring out of her when the villain was in the room, were nice "choices" made by Dor in her performance that make her memorable. And of course the great interaction between her and Sean punctuated with his, "Well, enjoy yourself."

She will be missed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, she did manage to make the scene memorable.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ugh, that's horrible. One of my favorite, most underrated Bond girls for sure, in a criminally underrated film. Always love her scenes in Osato's office.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Karin Dor passed away today at the age of 79. Still "breaking".

Update: Seems she already died two days ago at a Munich nursing home.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Rip Karin Dor

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Plan to watch YOLT this weekend. RIP Karin Dor.
    Damn. Karin Dor was one of my favorite Bond femme fatales. Underrated, IMO.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of the lovely Karin Dor.
    Rest in peace, Ms. Dor.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Mr Osato likes a healthy chest !
    So sad to hear of the passing of Karin Dor a great Bond girl RIP.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Antonio Carluccio the top Italian chef and half of the 'Greedy Italians' duo with Gennero Contaldo,has died.

Gutted.

_98666148_mediaitem98666145.jpg

RIP and thanks for the food memories and laughs,Antonio.

Many years ago in my other life I was lucky enough to have dinner with him and my late friend Keith a simple supper of spaghetti and meatballs with his own sauce which he taught me to make
    A lovely gentle man I will miss him greatly RIP Antonio.
    By way of tribute this weekend I will make his Bread&Buttter Pudding with Panatone.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP to both. Very sad losses.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    R.I.P. Karin Dor

MV5BYzJiYTU5MDEtOWRmMC00ZjIxLTk3NWQtMGMzYzUyZWMxNDYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_SY346_SX640_AL_.jpg

I'll watch YOLT and Topaz this evening
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So sorry to hear that.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited November 2017 Posts: 6,722
    Rest in peace, Karin Dor.

For some reason, I remembered most vividly that slightly sinister, slightly playful stare she shoots at Bond when she is opening the bar in Osato's office. Great stuff.

These recent losses really make one feel the weight of Bond's 50-plus year history.
    RIP Karin Dor. She played a memorable SPECTRE agent in YOLT for sure. Sad to hear this news.
    I might have to give YOLT a viewing soon,she was brilliant in it .
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm watching it now.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    What was a little odd, was, that she was dubbed in the German version although she was German. Maybe she was not available to do her German voice acting.
    I may also watch YOLT tonight.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Karin Dor was great in Hitchcock's 'Topaz'. She really shone in that film. That shot of her falling to the floor as her dress billows out beneath her is masterful.

It could be completely erroneous but I have some vague recollection of someone claiming there was in fact a subtle nod to this scene by Campbell in CR as Vesper rushes through St Marks Square.