Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP Miguel Ferrer, a brilliant character actor that you were bound to see eventually if you watched enough movies and shows. Always had such an intense magnetism about him when he was on screen in certain roles, he'll surely be missed.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 5,852
    Peter David didn't take the news well :

peterdavid.net/2017/01/19/miguel-ferrer/

But thanks to this post, I finally managed to get the original version of the poem Dr. Macy read in one episode of Crossing Jordan :
    As I stand on a mountaintop,
    As the great bird approaches,
    She is small in my sight but grows larger on approach,
    Until I am blessed with a full sight,
    Of her graceful wings,
    Proud countenance and good company.
    All too quickly, she grows small again on the horizon and disappears from view.
    And I call out: There, she’s gone!
    But there are other mountaintops beyond me.
    And at the precise moment when I note the great bird’s departure from my view,
    I know there are new eyes,
    Taking up the sight of her,
    And fresh voices calling out: Here, she comes!

Fitting, I think.

And in France, lyricist Franck Thomas died yesterday. He wrote many songs for Claude François and Joe Dassin, including some of their biggest hits :

http://actu.orange.fr/societe/people/le-parolier-de-claude-francois-et-joe-dassin-est-mort-magic-CNT000000BGo6A.html
    Another piece of bad news : actor Philip Bond, father of our own Samantha Bond, who played the part of Ganatus in the Doctor Who episode "The Daleks, passed away suddenly in Madeira, aged 82 :

doctorwhonews.net/2017/01/philip-bond-1934-2017.html

Judging by his obituary, he had a long and distinguished career.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad news. Poor Samantha Bond on the loss of her father.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,611
    Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura passes away in a car accident at the age of 25:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18531119/kansas-city-royals-right-hander-yordano-ventura-25-killed-car-accident
    Adieu, René !

radiotimes.com/news/2017-01-23/allo-allo-actor-gorden-kaye-dies-aged-75

At least, he will get to see the real Madonna (although whether she really has big boobies we don't know).
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Listen very carefully I will say this only once farewell and Rest In Peace .
    Allman Brothers Band co-founder and drummer Butch Trucks has passed away at the age of 69:

https://www.yahoo.com/music/butch-trucks-allman-brothers-band-drummer-and-co-founder-dead-at-69-161437426.html
    The only tune I know from this band is, of course, "Jessica", not only because of Top Gear, but also because it was the main theme of a radio show I listened to on France Inter when I lived in West Berlin.

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Gerard wrote: »
    Adieu, René !

radiotimes.com/news/2017-01-23/allo-allo-actor-gorden-kaye-dies-aged-75

At least, he will get to see the real Madonna (although whether she really has big boobies we don't know).

I am moaning ze fact zat he has pissed away.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Gordon Kaye.

I've watched all of Allo Allo multiple times. I own the series on DVD. Can't get enough of it.

"OOOOOH, Hold me, Rene, one more time!" Yvette
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,813
    Mary Tyler Moore, RIP
    Just an hour ago there were postings about 'sent to hospital', 'poor condition', etc. I loved her since the Dick Van Dyke show
    The iconic Mary Tyler Moore has passed away today at the age of 80:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/01/25/mary-tyler-moore-dies-life-in-pictures-photos/
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RIP Mary Tyler Moore. She had been ill for a few years now, so it doesn't come as a shock.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Mary. Such an American spirit. I always loved her.
    We didn't get either the Dick Van Dyke Show or The Mary Tyler Moore Show here in France (although we did get Lou Grant, funnily enough). Still, sad loss. But there's unfortunately more :

hollywoodlife.com/2017/01/24/johann-ofner-dead-dies-shot-music-video/

A blank can kill as surely as a live round. One would think Hollywood had already learned that lesson the hard way after John Eric Hexum and Brandon Lee.

And :

hollywoodlife.com/2017/01/24/bimba-bose-dead-breast-cancer/

Putain de cancer ! (Pardon my french).
    Mike Connors has passed away, aged 91, from leukemia :

huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-connors-dead-mannix-star_us_588afa52e4b0cef5cf874291

For nostalgia's sake :

Goodbye, Mannix !
  • And now John Hurt! COME ON 2017!!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    "As Beckett once said; it is not enough to die. One has to be forgotten as well."

No chance of that, John.
    Damn, what a loss. RIP to the legendary John Hurt.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 12,301
    RIP John Hurt. Tough loss; he was great in every movie I saw him in. Wonderful actor.
    RIP John Hurt. Perry Mason's Barbara Hale as well. RIP
    In addition- Superman stage actor Bob Holiday. :(
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    RIP John Hurt. Alien, 1984 and V for Vendetta. Three great films.
    John Hurt crikey only watched Day of the Doctor a few days ago R.I.P.
    Both Mike Connors and John Hurt? Good grief!

I used to be a big fan of "MANNIX" when I was a kid. As for John Hurt, no further words are needed. R.I.P. to both.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    RIP John Hurt. A phenomenal actor.
  • Germanlady wrote: »
    Is that Audrey Hepburns son?

No his father was Jose not Mel Ferrer, his mum is a Clooney (George Clooneys Aunt)

maria-ferrer-jose-ferrer-monsita-ferrer-miguel-ferrer-and-girlfriend-picture-id109641345

Miguel's mother was not just any Clooney, she was Rosemary Clooney, a top singer in her own right Back in The Day. The photo shown here seems to depict Miggy with his musical partner, Bill Mumy (whom you may have heard of...) I could be wrong... the fellow I'm identifying as Bill seems awful young in this picture, compared to Miguel's apparent age here. I have been fortunate enough to appear onstage with Bill & Miguel, rocking out with their comics convention band, Seduction of the Innocent. Didn't hear about his passing until the middle of this week when I was actually able to catch up on some Real World news after a long weekend attending a trade show. Damn. The 2016 parade doesn't show any signs of tapering off...
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Is that Audrey Hepburns son?

No his father was Jose not Mel Ferrer, his mum is a Clooney (George Clooneys Aunt)

maria-ferrer-jose-ferrer-monsita-ferrer-miguel-ferrer-and-girlfriend-picture-id109641345

Miguel's mother was not just any Clooney, she was Rosemary Clooney, a top singer in her own right Back in The Day. The photo shown here seems to depict Miggy with his musical partner, Bill Mumy (whom you may have heard of...) I could be wrong... the fellow I'm identifying as Bill seems awful young in this picture, compared to Miguel's apparent age here. I have been fortunate enough to appear onstage with Bill & Miguel, rocking out with their comics convention band, Seduction of the Innocent. Didn't hear about his passing until the middle of this week when I was actually able to catch up on some Real World news after a long weekend attending a trade show. Damn. The 2016 parade doesn't show any signs of tapering off...

Was before my time though was aware of Rosemary Clooneys legacy :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    John Hurt...noooo :(
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Sir John Hurt. A very sad loss of a wonderful actor.