Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Safe to say John Hurt had one of the most iconic moments in movie history, will never be forgotten
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Harry potter 1, 7 & 8
    Dogville (voice)
    V for Vendetta
    Brighton Rock
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    Captain Corelli's Mandolin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqAZGRdYT4WXNaJECPKsZAhdQmyjHjqf5RnlcEN26qARPRWqNN

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (voice)
    The Skeleton Key
    Contact
    Midnight Express

Rip
    RIP John Hurt

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RIP to Sir John Hurt. He had an unmistakable voice, so distinctive.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Undoubtedly one of the true acting greats has left us, integral to one of the most iconic and scary scenes of all time, of course Alien.

Also that extraordinary and heartbreaking performance in The Elephant Man. This is to name but a few, so much great work in his C.V.

One of my most recent favourites would be his Control in the superb cinematic adaptation of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, just perfect casting and alongside a man who regarded him as his acting hero, Gary Oldman.

We still have his performance in Jackie and he's going to be seen along side Oldman again as Neville Chamberlain to his Winston Churchill in the much awaited Darkest Hour this December to look forward to.

Although not seeing his memorable face hearing that distinctive voice ever again in anything new will be a truly sad thing. RIP Sir John Hurt, you'll be sorely missed.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of John Hurt. I liked him as Timothy Evans in 10 Rillington Place.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Sad to hear of the death of John Hurt. I liked him as Timothy Evans in 10 Rillington Place.

Great film indeed.

"Christie done it!!"
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sir John Hurt was always a symbol of refined acting to me. His voice sounded like silk, his elegant disposition commanded my admiration. John Hurt serves as an example for every other actor.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP to Sir John Hurt. He had an unmistakable voice, so distinctive.

True, his narrator voice in Perfume adds a lot to it.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    A lovely ,genuine man,a fantastic actor with an incredible voice,that always elevated any film he was in,and a credit to British film and television....ladies and gentlemen,i give you John Hurt.

RIP...you will be genuinely missed by many TV and movie watchers,especially me.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Sir John Hurt was always a symbol of refined acting to me. His voice sounded like silk, his elegant disposition commanded my admiration. John Hurt serves as an example for every other actor.

I salute this post.
    RIP John Hurt
    RIP Gordon Kaye as the ever lovable Rene Artois in "Allo Allo". Another classic comedy from my Childhood growing up.

RIP Sir John Hurt.
    What a true acting genius. Such a varied acting career and a true gentleman. Thank you for so many wonderful movie memories.
    All right, it's set, tonight, I'm rewatching Day of the Doctor. But,a s we need a laugh right now, here's a little something from Mel Brooks :

BAIN123 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Great film indeed.

"Christie done it!!"

First heard of this case in 2007 when I was studying Criminal Procedure as part of my Masters in Law. I've always had an interest in it since then.
    Did you see the more recent tv adaptation on the BBC? I didn't.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Did you see the more recent tv adaptation on the BBC? I didn't.

No, I meant to catch that one but missed it sadly.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Gordon Kaye and John Hurt. Two different but gifted actors who I have very fond memories of :(
    I didnt realise i never mentioned Gordon Kaye on here....!!

RIP Gordon,and thanks for the happy childhood memories of Rene....au revoir and,once again,thank you.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's too bad. Only 67. I realize his great creative and performing years are probably behind him, but still its nice when these giants of their genres can hang around into later years as living Masters and pioneers of their craft, as treasured icons, repositories of brilliance etc.
    Some great work with members of Yes and ELP with Asia, in I guess what will be considered his legacy work, not to forget King Crimson though.
    I expect a glowing tribute from Steve Howe, whose now lost a couple of stalwart band mates in recent years, both Wetton and Chris Squire.
    Howe and fellow Asia original Geoff Downes continue with post-Squire Yes.
    Just learned that comic book artist Dan Spiegle passed away aged 96 :

newsarama.com/32950-artist-dan-spiegle-passes-away.html

I have a few of his comics, mostly from the 80s/90s. He'll be missed.
    Movie Director Rob Stewart's body found :

variety.com/2017/film/news/rob-stewart-dead-dies-sharkwater-1201977869/

Tragic, really.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Movie Director Rob Stewart's body found :

variety.com/2017/film/news/rob-stewart-dead-dies-sharkwater-1201977869/

Tragic, really.

Yes, that is a very tragic event. :(
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RIP Richard Hatch. Damn this hurts.
    richard-hatch-feature-870x450.jpg
  • Did not know Hatch was ill, not so long ago watched him in Battleship Galactica reboot still mid way through season 3. R.I.P.
    Dammit!!! RIP Richard Hatch- another great from my childhood now gone.
    Ohmigod! I've been a fan of his forever. Ever since "The Streets of San Francisco". I actually saw him in person, once. RIP, Mr. Hatch . . . the real Captain Apollo.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432

He did not take himself too seriously