James Bond Documentary Everything or Nothing Coming Oct. 5

gt007gt007 Station G
edited August 2012 in News Posts: 1,182
MGM, Columbia Pictures, Passion Pictures and Red Box Films announced today their new feature documentary Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007 directed by Stevan Riley (Fire in Babylon), produced by John Battsek (One Day in September, The Tillman Story) and Simon Chinn (Man on Wire, Project Nim) to coincide with the 50th anniversary of James Bond films on October 5. Country specific release plans to be announced shortly.

"Everything or Nothing" focuses on three men with a shared dream – Bond producers Albert R. Broccoli, Harry Saltzman and author Ian Fleming. It's the thrilling and inspiring narrative behind the longest running film franchise in cinema history which began in 1962. With unprecedented access both to the key players involved and to Eon Productions' extensive archive, this is the first time the inside story of the franchise has ever been told on screen in this way.

Director Stevan Riley follows a story that begins with a ground-breaking spy thriller and continues six Bonds and five decades later. While Bond was saving the world from chaos and catastrophe on screen, this compelling documentary draws back the curtain to reveal the battles, threats and real stakes unfolding behind the camera.

Source: ComingSoon.net

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wonderful news that this type of thing, something only Bond fans would really enjoy, is being made. Needless to say, I'll be watching.

More news soon would be welcome.
  • Why is it named after a Bond game? Aren't there any film titles they could've used?
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    We've got the full press release online now:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/movies_eon_documentary_announced.php3

It's not named "after" a Bond game... except perhaps chronologically. It was speculated that the EON in EON Productions stood for "everything or nothing", and hence where the video game found its inspiration.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 138
    Everything Or Nothing = EON (productions)

(Mi6 - got there just before me!)
    Great news which pleases me alot, and i look forward to its release. It will be recorded and kept for prosperity along with whatever other documentries are made?!!! :-bd
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Finally something to actually get excited about for the 50th. But with a month to the release date why is it only now we are first hearing about it?
  • MI6 wrote:
    It's not named "after" a Bond game... except perhaps chronologically. It was speculated that the EON in EON Productions stood for "everything or nothing", and hence where the video game found its inspiration.

Ah, I get it now. I never really knew what EON stood for.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Actually i think that the game went to be like a homenage to EoN. But i don't know, so i won't say anything.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Finally something to actually get excited about for the 50th. But with a month to the release date why is it only now we are first hearing about it?

Recall that Michael Wilson mentioned this at the Skyfall press conference last November.
  • So does anyone know, is this like a theatre release, a DVD, online?
    Didn't spot it in the press release
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 40,456
    Very nice news. Can't wait to see this. October should be nice: those in the UK get 'Skyfall,' the final blu-rays are released, and now this documentary.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    October 5th, which is Dr No's 50th anniversary, and will be soon known as "BOND DAY" will have a few more events than just the documentary.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    JamesPage wrote:
    October 5th, which is Dr No's 50th anniversary, and will be soon known as "BOND DAY" will have a few more events than just the documentary.

Any clue, please? Countries where Dr. No will be re-released?...
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    @JamesPage I know you probably can't say anything more about those Bond Day events, but please tell me this: Are they worth visiting London for?
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    MI6 wrote:

Ah, I get it now. I never really knew what EON stood for.

In the one of the special documentaries on one of the DVDs, Wilson mentions he asked Cubby if that's what EON stood for and he replied "never heard of that one". It's likely just three random letters.
    Global James Bond Day Announced for October 5
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94179
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Details Revealed For James Bond Documentary Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007

The film first announced last week, EPIX has released details on Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007. The feature-length documentary will premiere on "James Bond Day", October 5th alongside a commercial-free Bond film marathon.

Everything or Nothing is directed by Stevan Riley (Fire in Babylon) and produced by John Battsek (One Day In September, The Tillman Story) and Simon Chinn (Man on Wire). The film focuses on three men with a shared dream – Bond producer Albert R. Broccoli, Harry Saltzman, and author Ian Fleming. It’s the thrilling and inspiring narrative behind the durability, popularity and survival of the longest running film franchise in cinema history since Mr. Bond hit the big screen in 1962.

From Sean Connery and Roger Moore, to Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig - the integrity of Bond has never changed and has never been more entertaining. Our documentary and movie marathon is a great way for us to reach our viewers and we’re pleased to partner with all our distribution partners to bring the background of this iconic spy to all their subscribers just in time for his latest adventure, Skyfall,” said Mark Greenberg, EPIX President and CEO.

Produced by Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures, Columbia Pictures, Passion Pictures and Red Box Films, the project will premiere on the EPIX network, on EpixHD.com and on EPIX apps on hundreds of devices. It will be followed by showings of Diamonds are Forever, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, The Man with the Golden Gun, Moonraker, The Living Daylights and Never Say Never Again, all as part of a free preview weekend for all subscribers of EPIX distribution partners.

Source: ComingSoon.net
    edited September 2012 Posts: 9,117
    Never heard of EPIX so just went and googled it and it seems my suspicions were confirmed that as usual EON have stitched us up.

Tried to join and it came back with the message 'you live outside America so piss off' or words to that effect.

So I really cant wait for Oct 5th or as it should be retitled 'North American James Bond day'.

Theres a thing in New York, some sort of concert in LA and an exhibition in Toronto and then this film premiering on a website we cant access. What do we get this side of the pond? An auction at Christies! And how many of us here can afford to bid for stuff in that I wonder?

Remind me again where Bond is from? By all means spread events around the globe (I would say there shoud be something in LA, NY, Berlin, Paris and maybe Rio and Tokyo) but London should be the centre.

If the yanks wanted to celebrate John Mcclane day or Martin Riggs day and all the events were held in Birmingham or Manchester it would be utterly ridiculous and all the fans stateside would rightly be up in arms.

Cheers EON. I'll just have to play the masterpiece that is 007 Legends on James Bond day.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Don't forget we were told "country specific release plans to be announced shortly" so don't give up hope just yet. Hopefully more news is heard this week.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    We have news for EPIX access on the front page later on... You may have to be in the US but you won't have to pay ;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    There are ways to watch country-restricted content on the internet ;)
    edited September 2012 Posts: 9,117
    JamesPage wrote:
    We have news for EPIX access on the front page later on... You may have to be in the US but you won't have to pay ;)

Well cheers for that. My cup runneth over!
    I thought this is supposed to be an independent run site JamesPage so dont know why you have to toe the EON corporate line and tell me I should be pleased with this situation. Have they tapped you up with pemiere tickets or something?
    Surely this will be shown in the UK too on October 5th? After all he is British! :-?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Never heard of EPIX so just went and googled it and it seems my suspicions were confirmed that as usual EON have stitched us up.

Tried to join and it came back with the message 'you live outside America so piss off' or words to that effect.

So I really cant wait for Oct 5th or as it should be retitled 'North American James Bond day'.

Theres a thing in New York, some sort of concert in LA and an exhibition in Toronto and then this film premiering on a website we cant access. What do we get this side of the pond? An auction at Christies! And how many of us here can afford to bid for stuff in that I wonder?

Remind me again where Bond is from? By all means spread events around the globe (I would say there shoud be something in LA, NY, Berlin, Paris and maybe Rio and Tokyo) but London should be the centre.

If the yanks wanted to celebrate John Mcclane day or Martin Riggs day and all the events were held in Birmingham or Manchester it would be utterly ridiculous and all the fans stateside would rightly be up in arms.

Cheers EON. I'll just have to play the masterpiece that is 007 Legends on James Bond day.

I was going to say something about this but you hit the nail on the head here. You have to be careful though, remember, nobody can say a bad word about EON on this site no matter what they do.

I feel pissed off and let down about this. But part of me thinks that maybe they will show it in the UK, I mean he is British after all. Maybe it'll be shown on TV over here.

But saying that, Sky pretty much own everything that's Bond now so even if they do that it'll probably be on the new channel, and then I still can't watch it because I don't have the f*cking movie package!!! ~X(

I really hope they just show it on ITV or something, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I'm glad you've mentioned that @thelivingroyale. All those great exclusive documentaries near release time that used to be on ITV, will now be on Sky I reckon. How great is that?! X(

I could go spare, what a joke!

If we don't get this documentary that'll be the icing on you-know-what cake.

I was going to say something about this but you hit the nail on the head here. You have to be careful though, remember, nobody can say a bad word about EON on this site no matter what they do.

I feel pissed off and let down about this. But part of me thinks that maybe they will show it in the UK, I mean he is British after all. Maybe it'll be shown on TV over here.

But saying that, Sky pretty much own everything that's Bond now so even if they do that it'll probably be on the new channel, and then I still can't watch it because I don't have the f*cking movie package!!! ~X(

I really hope they just show it on ITV or something, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am sure that this will air in the UK at some point as well but that not the point. The fact is that they come out with all this crap about 'Global James Bond Day for the fans' yet in London (thats London - I'm not writing from Timbuktu here bleating why is there no gala premiere of this film with Sean, Rog et al all in attendance) all I can do is front up a Christies if I've got a spare couple of grand and go to HMV and shell out for the lacklustre box set. Wow - pass me the paper hat and the party poppers.

I dont subscribe to the 'its not fair its on Sky' argument as I believe in the free market but the fact that EON are happy to ignore the rest of the world outside the USA is not merely an insult to the fans but makes ludicrous business sense.

The international/domestic box office split for CR and QOS was 70/30 but EON are quite happy to totally ignore over two thirds of their market on GJBD just to make a quick buck by releasing the film on some poor mans Netflix.

I've got no problem with them doing a deal with EPIX for the Yank rights to show this but why not then sign over the European and British rights to companies that people can actually access in those countries?

I presume of course that the reason for it is the deal they signed with EPIX is for worldwide exclusivity on GJBD and that would be worth somewhat less than just USA exclusivity. The fact that on GJBD that sends the message to fans in the rest of the world 'go f**k yourselves. Making a few extra bucks from EPIX is worth way more to us than allowing everyone around the world to embrace the idea of GJBD' seems entirely inconsequential to them.

I may be entirely wrong of course (feel free to set me straight JamesPage when you get the latest directive from the EON Politburo) but as with the Blurays, 007 Legends, Corgi models (or lack thereof) it seems that they are of the attitude that we should be on our knees in gratitude with our wallets open for any scraps they throw us for the 50th rather than actually embracing the anniversary with a bit of imagination and creativity and delivering a load of stuff that we will be salivating to buy.

After all what is the point of releasing this film and GJBD if not to act as a gorified advert for SF? Yet 70% of their audience can go hang? I'll have to go to the Dragons with this stunning business proposal.

Well they had their chance - I think it will be illegal download for me for this documentary. I was ready to blow a ton of cash on 50th merchandise but apart from the 007 archives book they can forget it.

Who is in charge of marketing at EON because in 2027 when they see what George Lucas (a bloke who really understands how to rinse money out of the fans) delivers for the Star Wars 50th Babs and MGW will realise just how short sighted they were in 2012, what should have been the year of Bond and a sh*tload of cash coming their way.

I just hope they at least manage to deliver with SF - might go some way to placating me. They remind me of the Glazers - as long as results on the pitch hold up then they are OK but the moment Utd slump to 6th post Fergie they will be in real trouble.
    @TheWizardOfIce I meant shown on ITV on James Bond day, premiering here at the same time as it does on EPIX. My problem with everything Bond being shown on Sky is that Bond and ITV have history, and not only is it now on Sky, which you have to pay for, but it's on the movie package, which you have to pay more for.

I agree with you on the 50th stuff. Let's see.

1) A documentary we can't access on James Bond day.
    2) James Bond day, and there's basically nothing happening for it.
    3) A crap looking videogame
    4) A fragrance and a nail varnish
    5) A Blu Ray boxset with no new features.
    6) A toy DB5.

I know I'll get attacked for this by the positive only crowd but I think we've been having a pretty crappy 50th.
    The exhibits have been good and nice one-offs. Apart from that, so far, not a lot else has happened.
    Fair enough, I'd forgotten about the exhibits. I didn't go but the car one looked really cool. I was expecting much more for the 50th though.

I think when James Bond day arrives, barely anybody who's not a big Bond fan will realise.
    Let's hope there's much more to be announced then as has been promised. Releasing a certain song would bring great attention to this day, wouldn't you say? Many people may realise then.