James Bond Documentary Everything or Nothing Coming Oct. 5

Comments

• Good on Brosnan. I've said this before, but if I were him, I wouldn't do any 50th celebrations. He has a legitimate reason to be pissed off but he's getting past that because he loves Bond.

Connery doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to, but I think his reason which is basically money), isn't a very good one.
  • Wow , now I'm really excited for it!

I agree that it's great that Pierce contributes to the documentary! Fantastic that he is letting the past be the past!

Of course...if Connery doesn't want to... that is his decision. Though I for my part...I'm disappointed by his choice. And I even understand...with his age and probably poor health, that he isn't that interested in going to the premiere or meeting up with all the other actors in public. But an interview about the role he owes his fortune and fame? I don't know, I think he could have done that.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I was amazed that Pierce actually is in the documentary. Interesting too that Dalton and Lazenby are in it too.

Can we hope to see them after all at the premiere?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 157
    The doc is 97 minutes.

I hope there are no Skyfall snippets although I suspect Craig's interview would have been conducted on the set. I may have to seek this out after the 26th.
    Love the trailer! The music to it is pretty cool too!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited September 2012 Posts: 9,117
    That clip was cool but I'm not backing down now. If I head down to Odeon and go and see it, I'll lose more than £8.85, I'll lose my dignity!!!

I barely ever say this, but thank god for the internet. It'll be online for free somewhere. If I find it once it's released I'll let all you UK fans know.

Well said Sir.

This should've been given a limited worldwide theatrical release 3 months ago (which I would have been happy to buy a ticket for) and then included as the bonus disc with the box set instead of the laughable disc we got.

That way EON would've:

a) Given us something special for the anniversary.
    b) Made the box set genuinely worth buying.
    c) Would've have got more money because I would've bought a ticket for this instead of illegally downloading it on principle as I am going to now.

• My goodness this looks fantastic. Cannot wait for next Friday. Love hearing Pierce talk about his time as Bond(though he still hasn't nailed the line ;) )
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 306
    TheWizardOfIce - I like your style. First, you're absolutely right and on top of that you're very funny. Just remember, these are the same people who couldn't be bothered to release a Bond movie in the year 2007! They are complete idiots when it comes to promotion and creating a media event. Not to mention, the campaign for SF has been pathetic.
  • The SF campaign has been spot on. There's an art to promoting films – think back to Prometheus. Misdirection and revelling less is more. Keep it locked down. I’m glad the industry seems to be taking a leaf out of the old school Hollywood book…bringing back those Hitchcock days.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Sorry @grunther, but this has been nothing like Prometheus, which had great viral marketing with fake videos, etc.

Apart from some cool trailers for SF (and this doc), I haven't been very impressed with the Bond marketing for this year.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    grunther wrote:
    The SF campaign has been spot on. There's an art to promoting films – think back to Prometheus. Misdirection and revelling less is more. Keep it locked down. I’m glad the industry seems to be taking a leaf out of the old school Hollywood book…bringing back those Hitchcock days.
    Mate, it really hasn't been much. Posters and trailers with a few teases, but I don't care about that stuff anyway. Though it obviously isn't well under wraps if a squad of forum members can construct the plot beginning to end, and why I got out of Skyfall spoiler threads immediately when it got heavy.
  • That's another thing, lots of the film seems to have been leaked anyway so they're not really doing a great job "keeping it locked down"
  • I can't wait to see this. Odeon have given me a list of the cinemas showing it but it's still not showing on their website so I can't book it
  • It's quite limited and the only Odeon within 100 miles of me. Not happy.
  • On their Facebook page Odeon has listed the following cinemas as showing the documentary...

COVENT GARDEN, WIMBLEDON, EDINBURGH LOTHIAN RD, BATH, BRIGHTON, OXFORD, GUILDFORD, TUNBRIDGE WELLS, DUNFERMLINE, SHEFFIELD, GLASGOW QUAY, BIRMINGHAM BROADWAY PLAZA, CARDIFF, METROCENTRE, SOUTHAMPTON, KINGSTON, LIVERPOOL ONE, NORWICH and MANCHESTER.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    db5007 wrote:
    On their Facebook page Odeon has listed the following cinemas as showing the documentary...

COVENT GARDEN, WIMBLEDON, EDINBURGH LOTHIAN RD, BATH, BRIGHTON, OXFORD, GUILDFORD, TUNBRIDGE WELLS, DUNFERMLINE, SHEFFIELD, GLASGOW QUAY, BIRMINGHAM BROADWAY PLAZA, CARDIFF, METROCENTRE, SOUTHAMPTON, KINGSTON, LIVERPOOL ONE, NORWICH and MANCHESTER.

Fairly accessible for those of you living down under or in Europe. EON pulling out all the stops for the worldwide fans whilst the yanks can watch it without even getting out of bed.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Nothing near me, I'll skip it. Thanks anyway.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    If anyone finds a website selling the poster to the EoN documentary, please let me know!
  • What do people think about the artwork for the 50th Anniversary? I like art a lot and as a huge fan having something original is for me the ultimate way to celebrate Bond. I was reading the artist guy (James Hart Dyke) was the actual MI6 artist - nice touch. Check out the link...

http://www.007.com/50th-anniversary-artwork-revealed/#!carouselLightbox
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

The more clips i see? The more i wanna see this film! Sooo frustrating that i have to travel miles and miles because its on a limited release with Odeon! :-q
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getting a job through deceit. Great lesson for the kids. I'll be skipping this portion of the documentary.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    i'd like to see this. But i got no cash.

I never have anyway. lol
    buzz875 wrote:
    What do people think about the artwork for the 50th Anniversary? I like art a lot and as a huge fan having something original is for me the ultimate way to celebrate Bond. I was reading the artist guy (James Hart Dyke) was the actual MI6 artist - nice touch. Check out the link...

http://www.007.com/50th-anniversary-artwork-revealed/#!carouselLightbox

I read the interview with the artist and he says some interesting things about the choice of colour for the EoN poster, how it was kept simple and similar to the Dr. No poster and color choice. If you make the connection, one of his (exceedingly expensive) posters is in blue, just like the cover of "Bond On Set". This makes me think that James Hart Dyke's colour concepts might be reason for the blue background. Now, if he is also involved in the main SF poster, then we might expect something retro with bold colors!
    i had the feeling Brosnan was going to burst into tears in the interview especially at 0:40
    I agree, the wandering eyes and the long pause before he said the words make you wonder what was going on in his head ("...OMG, this is it, this is the big moment, I am going down in history, ... oh sh**, quickly, I have to say the words before it's too late... here we go, what was it again? Oh, yes...")
    Presumably the promotion will blow up this month. I would think it’s better to have shock and awe than some prolonged campaign.
    I'm now struggling to avoid seeing unwanted stills and clips through news sites and search engines.
    db5007 wrote:
    On their Facebook page Odeon has listed the following cinemas as showing the documentary...

What a joke. No local Odeon for me.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This is going to be so great to watch - when I get the chance.
  • Hey All, I have been bugging the hell out of Odeon on this - they say tickets will go on sale tomorrow afternoon. not entirely sure why they are burying this - i cannot wait to go and see it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So, I've got to trek to covent garden to see this. Argh!