James Bond Documentary Everything or Nothing Coming Oct. 5

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    @TheWizardOfIce I meant shown on ITV on James Bond day, premiering here at the same time as it does on EPIX. My problem with everything Bond being shown on Sky is that Bond and ITV have history, and not only is it now on Sky, which you have to pay for, but it's on the movie package, which you have to pay more for.

I agree with you on the 50th stuff. Let's see.

1) A documentary we can't access on James Bond day.
    2) James Bond day, and there's basically nothing happening for it.
    3) A crap looking videogame
    4) A fragrance and a nail varnish
    5) A Blu Ray boxset with no new features.
    6) A toy DB5.

I know I'll get attacked for this by the positive only crowd but I think we've been having a pretty crappy 50th.

Well I agree with you that things would be better if it was on ITV but the world has moved on. The point here is not that you might have to pay for Sky to watch it but that EON are not even giving us that option. What would be wrong with sticking it on Netflix or Lovefilm? Because presumably they didnt offer as much as US only EPIX so EON are happier to take their money and see JB day die on its arse rather than give fans worldwide a reason to get involved.

The whole Bond day thing seems typically ill thought out. For example having JB day after the Barbican exhibition has closed, rather than getting a few Bond stars to attend and drum up some media coverage to get more people in. How is moving the exhibition to Toronto going to bring in more cash than having the likes of Rog, Richard Kiel, Shirley Eaton etc bigging it up in London? The Canadians can have it next year (when SF is still on release) - 2012 is Great Britains year.

I get the impression that they had a release date for the Blurays and this documentary was also going to be ready so some bright spark (probably P or W) came up with the JB day so they came up with some crappy poll idea to tag on and decided job done.

Samuel001 wrote:
    Let's hope there's much more to be announced then as has been promised. Releasing a certain song would bring great attention to this day, wouldn't you say? Many people may realise then.

I admire your positivity but I think thats somewhat naive. Why would they suddenly announce 'Oh we forgot but actually that documentary will be on BBC1 on Oct 5th and there will be a load of events in London, Paris and Berlin and Corgi will be releasing a special 50th set of a car for every film.'
  • Yeah I think it's too late for them to announce anything great now. Releasing the song would be cool but they do that for every Bond film, doesn't count as anything to do with the anniversary. Same with 007 Legends really, although that looks terrible anyway.

This is kind of what I thought would happen, we get one or two things (like the exibhits and the blu ray boxset), then a month or two away from SF's release they cram in a bunch of "celebrations", like Bond day and this documentary.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Let's hope there's much more to be announced then as has been promised. Releasing a certain song would bring great attention to this day, wouldn't you say? Many people may realise then.

I admire your positivity but I think thats somewhat naive. Why would they suddenly announce 'Oh we forgot but actually that documentary will be on BBC1 on Oct 5th and there will be a load of events in London, Paris and Berlin and Corgi will be releasing a special 50th set of a car for every film.'

Not for one second do I think they will, I am just, like you say, trying to think positively. If they say "country specific release plans to be announced shortly", I expect that to occur. I don't think EON will go back on their work no matter how bad, some think they are.

It would be a good day to release the title song, mind. But will EON take up my idea? Knowing my luck, it'll be heard for the first time on the sixth!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,767
    Well perhaps that doc will be released on DVD after broadcasting? Would make sense wouldn´t it? Everything that´s broadcast on tv is released on DVD after.

Ah well, one shouldn´t make a religion out of it, there are too many of those already.
    My mate asked me the other day ( whilst on a trip to the Bond exhibition) what is James Bond day on October 5th ?
    I said to him it is like any other day as we may get a documentry, we may get some more news on the film and we may get some merchandise released.
    He said why have a day ? why not Bond year ? and where is the toys, figures etc etc
    I just shrugged my shoulders and said that EON has sacked their merchandise / promotions manager and are on the look out for a new one and untill then we just got to hope for something good on the 5th !
    Maybe they can have a competion on the web site to come up with the best merchandising campaign - winner to get a full time job with them !
  • Is there anymore news about this documentary?

Will it be available to watch in UK?

Thanks for any info.
    largo2 wrote:
    My mate asked me the other day ( whilst on a trip to the Bond exhibition) what is James Bond day on October 5th ?
    I said to him it is like any other day as we may get a documentry, we may get some more news on the film and we may get some merchandise released.
    He said why have a day ? why not Bond year ? and where is the toys, figures etc etc

Is your mate looking for a job? Get this bloke on the payroll EON because he clearly has a better idea of how to do the 50th than anyone you currently employ.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The exhibits have been good and nice one-offs. Apart from that, so far, not a lot else has happened.

That's all good but they may as well be exhibiting on Mars. Some non-book merchandise would be nice so that people who don't live near UK/USA can enjoy a slice of the celebrations
    w2bond wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The exhibits have been good and nice one-offs. Apart from that, so far, not a lot else has happened.

That's all good but they may as well be exhibiting on Mars. Some non-book merchandise would be nice so that people who don't live near UK/USA can enjoy a slice of the celebrations

Yeah sorry heres me moaning like buggery that theres nothing happening and I live in LONDON!! How bad must it be for people in Australia, Japan, Albania, Chile or Wales?

Looks like its the Bluray box set and 007 Legends for you guys and thats it.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,945
    How bad must it be for people in Australia, Japan, Albania, Chile or Wales?
    As far as I know the only thing happening here in Australia is Craig coming to Sydney for the premiere. Pity I'm in Adelaide. :|
  • How bad must it be for people in Australia, Japan, Albania, Chile or Wales?

I'm in Wales and I don't think anything is happening here.
  • I don't know what ur whinging about @TheWizardOfIce. We've had it pretty good in the UK. Bond In Motion and Bond at the Barbican were both fantastic. On a smaller scale there is also the photograph exhibit in Chelsea.
    grunther wrote:
    I don't know what ur whinging about @TheWizardOfIce. We've had it pretty good in the UK. Bond In Motion and Bond at the Barbican were both fantastic. On a smaller scale there is also the photograph exhibit in Chelsea.

No I agree events wise hasnt been too bad (well apart from the washout that is James Bond day) but the merchandise is laughable. The only thing that looks like it has had any time and care invested in it is the Bond archives book and the book by Sir Rog. Everything else is either a cheap cash in (Blurays, 007 Legends) or non-existent (Corgi).

Compare the Indy collectors Bluray boxset which is commemorating only that they are releasing the films on Bluray for the first time to the Bond super shiny spectacular 50th anniversary set which is ..... some discs. In a box.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 157
    I agree with the blu rays. It looks like much more money has been spent of remastering the Indy films picture and sound than what they should have done with some of the Bonds.

I'm sure this doc will surface on youtube.
  • Well we got an answer on this- Odeon exclusive…which is a bit of a pain as its mainly Cineworld where I live!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    There are Bond videos in Youtube with better quality than some Bond Blu-rays.

Here's an example.

It's so annoying there's no way to watch this without paying in the UK. X(
  • It's so annoying there's no way to watch this outside of the UK or US X(
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Here's an example.

Is this from the br, or the "better quality"?

edited September 2012 Posts: 9,117
    grunther wrote:
    Well we got an answer on this- Odeon exclusive…which is a bit of a pain as its mainly Cineworld where I live!

This is utter bollocks. Free for Yanks but in the home of Bond we have to shell out a cinema ticket?

If it had been a theatrical release worldwide and we were all in the same boat I would have been happy to dip into my pocket and I would have been praising EON for giving us fans something on Bond day but this just takes the piss. Just like the Blurays and 007 Legends they had the kernel of a great idea and then spectacularly dropped the ball in the process of taking it from concept to execution.

No way I am going to watch this in a cinema on principle - much as I dont like piracy I'm going to make an exception in this case and get an illegal download just to stick it to Babs and MGW.
    AussieBond wrote:
    It's so annoying there's no way to watch this outside of the UK or US X(

As for you poor guys who live in an even less cared about and more remote market than the UK I guess EON care about you somewhat less than us so I guess you may get some sort of enticing deal with Vodafone or someone whereby if you take out a 15 year contract on the I-phone 5 they allow you to watch this film on your phone - as long as you put up a pound of flesh and your youngest child as a deposit.

Join me AussieBond in making a stand at EONs America-centric plans for Bond day by illegally downloading the film and depriving them of income.

I apologise in advance of committing this criminal act to the guys at Red Box Films and Passion Pictures, who I'm sure have worked hard making the film, for potentially doing them out of revenue, but if youve got any complaints send them to EON, MGM and Sony because they are the ones happy to give your work away for free to the biggest market in the world.

#totaldisgraceEON

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Official.

Everythi1-Sheet_Ref142_1500.jpg
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Looks great but who's going to see it? It won't be displayed in cinemas will it?
    Official.

Like the poster alot!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Looks great but who's going to see it? It won't be displayed in cinemas will it?

I read somewhere that Odeon would have a limited number of cinema's showing this? Not seen a list though Samuel.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I read somewhere that Odeon would have a limited number of cinema's showing this? Not seen a list though Samuel.

If it came as part of your Skyfall ticket price, I'd go.

All the effort made for this poster hardly anyone is going to see.
  • I'm not seeing this. I'd like to but I feel like if I shell out the cash for a cinema ticket, I'm just accepting what EON are doing. It's sort of a protest :)

I don't see why they couldn't just show it on TV on Bond day here in the UK.

Shame really, because that poster looks great. They should've got whoever designed that to design the latest two SF posters.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    boldfinger wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Here's an example.

it's the better quality.

Official.

Nice poster. No doubt many fans will use the Bonds in that perfect position for their photoshop arts. :P
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    This is my One-sheet version of the poster. :D

EON_ONE_SHEET_Marketto.jpg
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Here's an example.

it's the better quality.

Official.

Nice poster. No doubt many fans will use the Bonds in that perfect position for their photoshop arts. :P

You probably need to check your set up out if you think Youtube looks better than blu ray or you've been smoking something dodgy.

It never astounds me the lengths people will go to bad mouth blu ray but saying something on the net is better really takes the cake.
    I'm not seeing this. I'd like to but I feel like if I shell out the cash for a cinema ticket, I'm just accepting what EON are doing. It's sort of a protest :)

I don't see why they couldn't just show it on TV on Bond day here in the UK.

Shame really, because that poster looks great. They should've got whoever designed that to design the latest two SF posters.

Top man!!!!

Come on! Lets have more fans outside the USA who have been shafted by EON saying they are going to boycott this.

Such a shame as I'd have loved to have supported this small film and have shown that documentaries can make money.

Babs and MGW need to have a long hard look at how they have gone about this 50th anniversary because I keep seeing quotes from them saying we've done X for the fans but from where I'm standing the whole thing has been utterly underwhelming.