Man of Steel (2013)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It appears that the full trailer will be attached to 'The Hobbit':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97270
  • Anybody who has a facebook or twitter account, share this countdown to The Dark Knight Rises dvd/blu-ray to unlock exclusive content from MAN OF STEEL!

http://apps.warnerbros.com/thedarkknightrises/legend/index.php?v=collage
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This film is going to own 2013.
  • Found a prototype of the inevitable Superman action figure to be released with the movie:

manofsteelprototype1.jpg

I can only assume that, like Batman, they will be making a line of 'kiddie versions' as well as more expensive 'movie accurate' versions. This obviously being the kid one. It does look like Cavill though! I predict some James Bond customs in the future! ;)
    A new poster. Look....

man-of-steel-poster.jpg
    That looks like a screen grab off of a pirate copy of the film, no offense.
  • I think Zack Synder has done a great job with casting for MOS. It's great to see Superman back on the big screen. I hope it does well at the box office.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I agree.
    I think Zack Synder has done a great job with casting for MOS. It's great to see Superman back on the big screen. I hope it does well at the box office.

Well let's hope that he actually gets to do some physical fighting instead of flying around and moping. I am all for emotion and characterization over action, but Superman Returns just didn't feel like a Superman film. It's like Tim Burton and Batman. You know the character, but something is VERY wrong here.... :-?
  • I saw the trailer at the cinema months ago and I'm not intrested in the slightest.

I'm sick of everything trying to be "dark" and "gritty"
    Lol trust me, this film will have plenty of fighting. In fact, Supes gets the butt beating of a life time in this movie by Faora.
    I saw the trailer at the cinema months ago and I'm not intrested in the slightest.

Everything? Avengers wasn't dark and gritty.

• doubleoego wrote:
    I saw the trailer at the cinema months ago and I'm not intrested in the slightest.

Everything? Avengers wasn't dark and gritty.

That was a refreshing exception. Even Robin Hood got a dark, gritty reboot.
    Recently Nolan was asked if Man of Steel fits into the superhero universe that he crafted with his Dark Knight Trilogy, to which he responded:

“Well, somewhat. But I wouldn’t want people to think we’re doing for Superman what we did for Batman.”

Nolan praised Snyder’s take on the material discussed how it has to be different from Nolan’s Batman:

“It’s very much Zack’s film and I think people are going to love what he’s done. I think it’s really remarkable to take on that character. Superman is a completely different character than Batman. So you can’t in anyway use the same template. But David Goyer had this, I thought, brilliant way to make Superman relatable and relevant for his audience. Zack has built on that and I think it’s incredible what he’s putting together. He’s got a lot of finishing to do on that. Superman is the biggest comic book character of them all and he needs the biggest possible movie version which is what Zack’s doing. It’s really something.”

You can find more on this at Collider...
    http://collider.com/christopher-nolan-man-of-steel-batman/215738/#more-215738
  • I think Zack Synder has done a great job with casting for MOS. It's great to see Superman back on the big screen. I hope it does well at the box office.

Well let's hope that he actually gets to do some physical fighting instead of flying around and moping. I am all for emotion and characterization over action, but Superman Returns just didn't feel like a Superman film. It's like Tim Burton and Batman. You know the character, but something is VERY wrong here.... :-? [/quote]
    I thought it was just me who's not keen on the '89 Batman. Even for the time the effects are terrible. Everything about the film feels forced and unnatural. No clue why it caused 'Batmania'...

Look, MoS will have plenty of physical action. It's nit just going to be him flying around. Supes will be going up against general Zod and his goons and if you thought the beating Bane gave batman was brutal, it's child's play by comparison to what happens to Supes in this upcoming movie.
    I think it depends on where David Goyer draws his inspiration from and whether he goes back even further than the comics and explores the 2 books that influenced Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster when they first created Superman. If so then there could be elements of Philip Wylie's sci-fi novels Gladiator and When Worlds Collide within the structure.

The first story, Gladiator, is of someone with incredible gifts unable to find his place in the world, who is brought up and instructed never to fight, or otherwise reveal his superhuman strengths, lest he be the target of a witch-hunt. Eventually he does reveal his incredible strength when trying to rescue someone, to only then be arrested and (ineffectually) tortured by the frightened authorities who fear him. There are a number of similarities here to Superman's origins and it's just possible that Goyer and Nolan might be about to expand and explore some of Philip Wylie's ideas to give the character more depth. When Worlds Collide also had a bearing on Superman's escape from a doomed planet to a habitable one so there could be themes here that are ripe for mining?
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:

I agree.
    I think Zack Synder has done a great job with casting for MOS. It's great to see Superman back on the big screen. I hope it does well at the box office.

Well let's hope that he actually gets to do some physical fighting instead of flying around and moping. I am all for emotion and characterization over action, but Superman Returns just didn't feel like a Superman film. It's like Tim Burton and Batman. You know the character, but something is VERY wrong here.... :-?

I agree. I want Superman to do some hand to hand combat. Even if it's one punch or kick. Instead of him flying around like you said.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Cellophane S better return! [-O<
  • Here's a nice new shot!

MOSmag.jpg?1354893775
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    That picture does what a black hole does...
  • I like the colors- and I'm happy to see him smiling on the cover.
    I like the colors- and I'm happy to see him smiling on the cover.

Wow, and I thought I disliked the costume in Superman Returns... Henry is a fine choice, why ruin that with this nonsense? Above ALL other superheroes, Superman has no need of a textured or protective costume.
    *sigh* Another dark humourless angsty mess with loads of cool CGI destruction is coming our way.
    (:|
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Wow, and I thought I disliked the costume in Superman Returns... Henry is a fine choice, why ruin that with this nonsense? Above ALL other superheroes, Superman has no need of a textured or protective costume.
    Well I'm not so sure this suit is protective, so much as it's just what came in the pod with him. Just 'regular clothes' from his planet.

There have been images of Russell Crowe with a similar suit covered in robes. I'm even going to go out on a limb and suggest that Superman is actually wearing his fathers outfit- which would be a cool touch.

I still think it looks cool and am very excited to see it
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:
    Well I'm not so sure this suit is protective, so much as it's just what came in the pod with him. Just 'regular clothes' from his planet.

There have been images of Russell Crowe with a similar suit covered in robes. I'm even going to go out on a limb and suggest that Superman is actually wearing his fathers outfit- which would be a cool touch.

I still think it looks cool and am very excited to see it

Well, since @chrisisall can tell the future, maybe he can say?
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 4,813
    LOL ^:)^
    edited December 2012 Posts: 17,691
    I'm even going to go out on a limb and suggest that Superman is actually wearing his fathers outfit-
    No, that would one less re-design opportunity, and over-design overload is the point today.
    No need to bow, sir. Cinematic soothsayers like I are a humble lot.

edited December 2012 Posts: 17,691
    How do I delete a mistake?
    chrisisall wrote:
    I'm even going to go out on a limb and suggest that Superman is actually wearing his fathers outfit-
    No, that would one less re-design opportunity, and over-design overload is the point today.
    No need to bow, sir. Cinematic soothsayers like I are a humble lot.
    This isn't my post.
    :-/
    This isn't my post.
    Fixed, apologies.
    A 6 month wait to see another superman movie. I can wait for that.