Man of Steel (2013)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, I haven't been able to find anything pertaining to an after credits scene for the movie, though I wouldn't be surprised if there is one.

I don't want to know if there is, so please folks; use SPOILER TAGS if you have news of anything like that. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, I haven't been able to find anything pertaining to an after credits scene for the movie, though I wouldn't be surprised if there is one.

I don't want to know if there is, so please folks; use SPOILER TAGS if you have news of anything like that. ;)

Tell that to the others. I had someone give away the ending of season two of 'Sherlock' for me earlier in a TOTALLY unrelated topic. Really appreciated that one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Tell that to the others. I had someone give away the ending of season two of 'Sherlock' for me earlier in a TOTALLY unrelated topic. Really appreciated that one.

WHAT?! Who are they so I can go beat them with a riding crop?! It wasn't in the BBC Sherlock thread was it? I am ashamed to say we don't spoiler tag as much as we should in that thread. :(
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I would most certainly understand if it was in that thread, but it was in (I believe) the 'Bond 24 Discussion Timeline' thread, or something involving the next Bond film. Pretty recent, should be on the last page. I'm quite salty and bitter about it.

I just avoid the Sherlock thread altogether to avoid any spoilers. I feel they're fair game come that thread, but still.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I would most certainly understand if it was in that thread, but it was in (I believe) the 'Bond 24 Discussion Timeline' thread, or something involving the next Bond film. Pretty recent, should be on the last page. I'm quite salty and bitter about it.

I just avoid the Sherlock thread altogether to avoid any spoilers. I feel they're fair game come that thread, but still.

That's a shame. I hope you still have a desire to watch series 2 regardless, as I would love to know your thoughts and discuss many things about it with you.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'll most certainly still watch it. The ending may be ruined, but it doesn't hinder my interest of everything from start to finish. My only problem is how lazy I am when it comes to watching it, as pathetic of a complaint as that sounds. I've just bought so many movies lately, it's hard to keep up. That, combined with my big Netflix Instant Queue, certainly keeps me busy.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'll most certainly still watch it. The ending may be ruined, but it doesn't hinder my interest of everything from start to finish. My only problem is how lazy I am when it comes to watching it, as pathetic of a complaint as that sounds. I've just bought so many movies lately, it's hard to keep up. That, combined with my big Netflix Instant Queue, certainly keeps me busy.

I completely understand. I have a massive collection of Bogie films, 15 Hitchcock films, tons of Blu-rays and plenty of other unwatched films that I need to get to and want to, but time isn't friendly at the moment or the foreseeable future, and I have to be in the mood for each of them.

In regards to Sherlock, if it makes you feel better, even though you somewhat know the ending, you don't know the ending at all. Does that make sense?! :))
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I can agree with that. I go and purchase so many films because I really enjoy them, then they sit there unopened for months at a time.

Perhaps 'Man of Steel' will be one of the many in my collection soon enough.
    Epic MAN OF STEEL Featurette Includes New Clips, Interviews And Behind The Scenes Footage

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Thanks for that @Dalton12. My body is ready for this movie!
    doubleoego wrote:
    Thanks for that @Dalton12. My body is ready for this movie!

your welcome :) I can't wait for this movie .
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The movie will likely rock, but my God do parts of that costume purely suck.
    chrisisall wrote:
    The movie will likely rock, but my God do parts of that costume purely suck.

What parts do you not care for?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

WHAT?! Who are they so I can go beat them with a riding crop?! It wasn't in the BBC Sherlock thread was it? I am ashamed to say we don't spoiler tag as much as we should in that thread. :(

All someone has to say is there is something after the credits but obviously not reveal what it is?
    UPDATE: A Potential MAN OF STEEL Future Villain SPOILER
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=80733#pwZlAH39OKLrrIxQ.99
    Reaction To Seeing An Early Screening Of MAN OF STEEL (Mild Spoilers)
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/superman_movies/news/?a=80625#QV7SdeZ5LgSHqYTI.99
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=80733#pwZlAH39OKLrrIxQ.99

Hmmm? Perhaps they are finally working on future plans for a justice league movie? Certainly hope so! [-O<
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Dalton12 wrote:

Hmmm? Perhaps they are finally working on future plans for a justice league movie? Certainly hope so! [-O<

Justice league will be after man of steel sequel . Zack Snyder Says Superman Sequel First Before JUSTICE LEAGUE
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelStudios/news/?a=80639#AMsV32zhm2WWuPlU.99

Face it. Justice league will never happen ppl.
    I just want another batman film so whether its a solo reboot or justice league or whatever
    Henry Cavill Almost Cried Watching MAN OF STEEL
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=80818#S4feGhfs8icZpWG8.99
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,661
    Daniel Craig cried when he heard Adele's Bond song. Modern men, eh? Bunch of wimps.

I think MOS is going to open massive in the US and Canada.

Like a trillion gazillion dollars!!!!! And that's just in the first few hours of it opening. :P
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Daniel Craig cried when he heard Adele's Bond song. Modern men, eh? Bunch of wimps.

I think MOS is going to open massive in the US and Canada.

Like a trillion gazillion dollars!!!!! And that's just in the first few hours of it opening. :P

Actually, those of our gender who aren't afraid to show their true emotions instead of keeping them hidden inside are the real men. /:)
    I'll admit, there are lots of grand films that make me cry, and a good bit of songs (especially Adele's) give me chills.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'll admit, there are lots of grand films that make me cry, and a good bit of songs (especially Adele's) give me chills.

Same here. Some films (be it for their great acting, visuals, direction, writing, endings) and music are so powerful I can't help but get emotional, especially when certain films/characters/actors/directors/artists/songs mean so much to me as a person. The way the world is now, I feel lucky to have things that can still make me feel.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, a big thing I enjoy lately is a film with such a powerful soundtrack that can move me or make me emotional, like 'Munich' or 'Man on Fire.' Wonderful works in those.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, a big thing I enjoy lately is a film with such a powerful soundtrack that can move me or make me emotional, like 'Munich' or 'Man on Fire.' Wonderful works in those.

I love film soundtracks, and a good chunk of my favorite artists (especially current day artists) are film composers. It is a really special feeling when just a few notes can excite in you a great sense of emotion. Music can even enhance a powerful scene 100 times over just by accompanying the visuals, making for an even more amazingly powerful moment.

One of my favorite examples of this is in Skyfall, where during M's Tennyson recitation we get powerful imagery of her standing up to herself and also Bond running to save her, all against the amazing score of Newman. Without his powerful music that scene wouldn't bring me to such an intense peak of emotion to the point where I get tears in my eyes from the sheer beauty of the moment, my happiness to be a Bond fan and how proud I am of Bond as a man.

No matter how much faith I lose in humanity, no matter how many news stories I see of death and destruction, and no matter how dire things get for the world as a whole as time goes on, I will always find pleasure and hope in the magic of movies and music.
    That SF scene is one of the better ones I've seen in quite some time, thanks to the soundtrack. Even just a few notes or a few simple seconds on a piano can incite fear, ala 'Jaws' or 'Halloween.'
    Henry Cavill Reveals Superman's Age In MAN OF STEEL
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=80872#78FOszmQGxwTGQwo.99
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Watching that clip above and seeing that Cavill interview, I think he'll be a great Napoleon Solo in the new UNCLE flick.