DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

This is looking better and better and another shot of bat fleck and a shot of the gorgeous batmobile this might be movie of the summer for me (Batman v superman will be film of the year and I doubt anything will top that)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Other than the cool shot of Batman jumping off the roof, did we really get anything worth being excited for? The trailer didn't really impress, nor did it seem like it was concerned with being impressive.

I guess I should just be happy that this film is being marketed differently than BvS, because in just three trailers that film showed clips from most of the pertinent scenes many times, leaving nothing to the imagination. If you watched trailer #2 alone you basically saw the film, and could've stayed home and filled in any blanks on your own.

It's honestly an uphill battle to feel any sort of excitement for the DCEU at this point because doing the same thing for BvS could've burned me out for good.
    Curious- Batman carrying Harley to the Batmobile (which is now missing the guns from BvS)

12987188_525750517594987_2017504356074123172_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a67497a3c5100b8c04c576552a200ef4&oe=57B260C6
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,257
    Better quality:

I like it. Looks fun without sacrificing the overall darker tone DC has going on.
    I still don't have a clue who the bad guy is in this. That's a good thing, actually.
    I think squad takes place after BVS and Bruce's speech about not failing superman
    in death
    would explain the lack of guns on the batmobile and as for bringing Harley Quinn that is interesting I am way more pumped for suicide squad then civil war At his rate (which is sadly looking more and more like a rental to me)

Should we all assume Joker is the main villain a of SS?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    It does look good. But until they fix Superman, DC is in the doghouse for me. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, for some reason the MTV footage I saw earlier took out a lot that appeared in the final trailer copy, including a lot of the Batman stuff. It doesn't look as bad in more complete quality, thankfully.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I think squad takes place after BVS and Bruce's speech about not failing superman
    in death
    would explain the lack of guns on the batmobile and as for bringing Harley Quinn that is interesting I am way more pumped for suicide squad then civil war At his rate (which is sadly looking more and more like a rental to me)

Should we all assume Joker is the main villain a of SS?

I hope you're right, but if this is how they're playing this Batman, a man who has thrown principles to the wind, I want them to give it serious screen time and development. If he just suddenly decides to go back to his no guns, no killing ways without that change being supported or addressed beyond BvS, I'll be disappointed.

It's an interesting place to take the character if they're already set on it, and there is a lot of great conflicts that the change in his approach to crime fighting can bring up. Like for instance, the fact that Gordon would be after him with cuffs and five SWAT teams for what he's done. It'd be interesting to see Batman pursued for his actions by the law he swore to fight for, and the people he used to stand with in the old days brought him back around to the right way of operating again.

It still must be said, though, that Batman as I know him would never need to be motivated back from the dark side because he wouldn't ever make his bed there in the first place. But, I digress.

I'm trying to give this Batman a chance guys, I really, really, am. It's just so hard.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm seriously looking forward to Suicide Squad. One thing I do worry about is if the overall settings will work for me given that it was filmed just a few streets from where I live.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm seriously looking forward to Suicide Squad. One thing I do worry about is if the overall settings will work for me given that it was filmed just a few streets from where I live.

Did you at least ask Margot Robbie out? After she rubbed the Harley off, of course.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I wish. One of my biggest regrets in life.

Errr... I mean...

As a matter of fact I did. We're married now.
    Well, Margo Robbie is as good a Harley as Tara Strong, that's for sure. I may see that movie only for her.
    SS looks good, take my money I am in.
    Is anyone else as amused as I am that in the new trailer Killer Croc is wearing a leather jacket made entirely of crocodile skin? It's weird, but I think it perfectly cements his feelings on his skin condition, that being "F@#$ crocodiles and f#@$ me looking like them. I'm going to wear the skins of them in spite."
    Ok, THIS made me laugh

13012848_526154977554541_7550374475525904160_n.jpg?oh=602e5d86e9d34354a639d293c4e3dd45&oe=57B04894
    :))
    Batman thinks that what happens in the batmobile stays in the batmobile. Little does he know, however, that Alfred has planted cameras inside the car to catch naughty bat moments such as this one. What? You can't expect the man to dust all day. He's got to have some outlet to get a release.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Alfred isn't even Alfred in BvS.
    It's a mirror universe Lucius Fox impersonating Alfred. That's why he never buttles anything but instead provides Bruce with the gadgets.
    I think DC should hire Goyer/Terrio as their new storywriters for the comics.
    Who knows we may end up getting Lana Lane as Catwoman or Barry Allen as Nightwing...
    To be fair, it's gotten to the point that in any storyline, whatever Bruce needs Alfred can magically do at the snap of his fingers. He's essentially the jackiest jack of all trades around.

I personally like Jeremy's Alfred. In a movie so drenched in how unapologetically miserable it gets a kick out of being, Alfred was a shining light that offered me the chance to giggle a little and feel the joy I should have been experiencing for the other 98% of the movie's runtime.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Alfred isn't even Alfred in BvS.
    It's a mirror universe Lucius Fox impersonating Alfred. That's why he never buttles anything but instead provides Bruce with the gadgets.
    I think DC should hire Goyer/Terrio as their new storywriters for the comics.
    Who knows we may end up getting Lana Lane as Catwoman or Barry Allen as Nightwing...

Alfred has been depicted as a Intelligence agent previously with numerous talents, in which he has demonstrated the ability to what he does in BvS. 'Kick a dog whilst its down' comes to mind.

As expected, there is a standalone Batfleck film in development.
    At the Warner Bros. panel at CinemaCon in Las Vegas Tuesday evening, CEO Kevin Tsujihara first took the stage to give a general rundown of upcoming movies from the studio. After saying they have "at least 10" DC Comics movies coming in the next five years., Tsujihara finally gave studio confirmation to a long-rumored product.

"We're working with Ben Affleck on a standalone Batman movie," the CEO announced.
    http://comicbook.com/2016/04/12/warner-bros-ceo-confirms-batman-standalone-film-with-ben-affleck/
    I hope the rumors are true and we get a trilogy of Batman films. He's DC's only consistent money-maker, which works in my favor, and apparently everyone else's too, because Ben is never named as anything less than the best thing about BvS.
    Fantastic the sooner we get a solo batman film the better
    The Batfleck movie is now reality. I'm so happy. At least something good comes out of that Snyderverse mess.
    The Batfleck movie is now reality. I'm so happy. At least something good comes out of that Snyderverse mess.

And the best news of all, Snyder seems to have zero involvement. This is good. This is very good. *twirls non-existent mustache*
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The voice of Darkseid, perhaps?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Dafoe always makes a good villain. Look forward to what he brings to the table.
    Definitely Darkseid.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He won't be a villain in any capacity; he's playing a good guy.
    So what's everybody's favourite JL member besides Supes and Batsy?

Mine: The Flash
    Close second: The Martian