DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @RC7
    oh what a relieve...and I thought you meant me...

The bad fanboys on either side will always have fights over what is better, Marvel or DC...something I'll never get.
    While I'm clearly a DC fanboy I can see easily that Civil War is 100 times better than BvS.
    I'm not even mad at the fact that CW is so much better but sad that BvS was such a huge disappointment when it should have made my lifelong dream come true to receive, finally, a Justice League movie series that I can be proud of as a DC fan.
    At least now there is hope, that Affleck will "save" the dream.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Risico007 wrote: »
    Ben Affleck's is going to executive produce justice league and likely ghost write and direct the film looks like justice league may not be the lost cause some at marvel would have us believe

Yes, because it's been people at Marvel who have, all this time, cast shade at DC with obnoxious and uncalled for comments about their films and characters. Oh, wait, that was the other way around, wasn't it? Interesting, that. Very interesting.

If I ever got to interview Snyder, I'd toss out all the questions they were making me ask and simply say, "Hey, Zack, who's the flavor of the week now?"
    RC7 wrote: »
    At least all the brats having a hissy fit can chill out now.

Well, since you're asking so nicely... 8-| But you don't have to worry about us "brats" any longer, @RC7. At this point the majority here are cautious of anything DC is doing film wise in the future, and so our reactions will range from "well, I expected this," to "my expectations were so nonexistent, this wasn't a horrifically bad movie."

I'm probably still going to be upset, though, because such a rampant stupidity and lack of storytelling talent and focus as Snyder and his team have showcased here is hard to just tuck away in the back of my mind. Forgive me, but the "hissy" fits are far from over. I do hope you can bear it. Of course, you do know you're not at gunpoint to be here on these threads, right?

Some people's experiences of BvS are no different than the vast group of people who've had a cow over SF and SP in recent years. When you're a fan of something, you live and die for it. When you get disappointed, then, it's a far greater disappointment you feel in relation to that love and obsession.

I endorse this post 100% @Brady.

As for Affleck, the only thing I'm worried about is the now added pressure placed on him to deliver. If SS and WW do well critically at least, then that should help take the pressure off slightly but we'll see. The next 3 years for the genre are going to be super crazy.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2016 Posts: 28,694
    For the record, I wasn't actually referring to yourself or several others on here who have put forward very valid reasons their misgivings regard the current DCU. I was referring to the uninformed who are bitching left, right and centre without any rationale across the web.

Oh. Well...ah...uhm..carry on, then. :-\"

My apologies, @RC7. I think I have some egg I need to go clean off of my face. Anyone for an omelette?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Cast and crew from Wonder Woman

AJj9JSP.jpg
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 533
    Damon is a god as far as I'm concerned. The boy's on the way back to the top after the Martian & soon Jason Bourne. Batfleck and he would work well together, being buddies and all.

"THE MARTIAN" was okay. It didn't exactly knock my socks off. And frankly, I don't think Damon should have been nominated.

I think WB and DC are very much in trouble. You can't really rule a con when most of the people there are distrusting of your brand and handling of their favorite characters. I know if I was in Hall H and they tried pushing some DC movie trailers on me I wouldn't be very moved unless it had Batman in it, and even still, I wouldn't be that enthused because I don't even like this Batman.

I believe that Marvel is the one who is really in trouble and no one seems to realize it. Marvel hasn't been consistently good since "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY". I haven't really enjoyed "AGENTS OF SHIELD" since Season One. Of the movies released beyond 2014, the only one I've really enjoyed is "ANT-MAN" and that wasn't exactly one of Marvel's biggest efforts.

This "CIVIL WAR" movie . . . it was a shoddy way to end the Captain America trilogy. Marvel allowed Robert Downey Jr. and this ridiculous Civil War arc to overwhelm Steve Rogers' story. And this pissed me off. This Civil War story arc should have been released as an Avengers film . . . AFTER the Black Panther and Spider-Man solo films. I have been so disappointed in Marvel lately . . . and yet I do not feel the same about DC Comics.

Worst of all, the critics' reactions to both "BATMAN V. SUPERMAN" and "CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR" struck me as ridiculously excessive. I felt as if the media has drawn the public into some propaganda campaign sponsored by Marve/Disney in which we're all expected to continue to shower praise upon the Marvel productions and tear down DC Comics' movies and television. It's all so unreal. Why is it that so many people have failed to see this?
    There is no conspiracy.

BvS is just plain bad and the critics are right for a change.

CW is maybe the best superhero movie ever.
    And I'm a DC fanboy.
    Why can't some people not see beyond their nose?
    I'm a Trekkie still I love the Star Wars franchise. Why must it be about competition?

Of course if someone likes BvS and dislikes CW that's reasonable too.
    It's just not the general consensus.
  • RC7RC7
    13133104_1087667381305620_4636316818398237645_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a31f3c110db8db9f90fa8279114bd65f&oe=57E5E86F
    13133104_1087667381305620_4636316818398237645_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a31f3c110db8db9f90fa8279114bd65f&oe=57E5E86F

True, SF already replicated it.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    When I saw TDK on opening day back in 2008, I knew right away with Joker's introduction (with the pencil joke) that this performance was something special.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The pencil joke was brilliant.
  • RC7RC7
    When I saw TDK on opening day back in 2008, I knew right away with Joker's introduction (with the pencil joke) that this performance was something special.

Damn right. From the opening shot (IMAX never looked so good) and the swell of Zimmer's score I just knew it was going to be a belter.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Neither DC nor Marvel (nor anybody, really) will be able to replicate TDK's Joker.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @RC7 TDK is probably the greatest big screen experience I ever had. As you say, from the opening shot you just knew it was going to be 2.5 hours to cherish. For me this trilogy is my all time favorite. I still remember seeing BB for the first time, 11 years ago now. The score, the performances, Bale's Batman. Absolutely incredible. And even if TDKR is a couple notches below the 2nd film, it was still a properly epic conclusion.
    DRush76 wrote: »
    I felt as if the media has drawn the public into some propaganda campaign sponsored by Marve/Disney in which we're all expected to continue to shower praise upon the Marvel productions and tear down DC Comics' movies and television. It's all so unreal. Why is it that so many people have failed to see this?

Because it's a load of rubbish that's why. It's so intellectually dishonest to make such witless comments.

edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139

Neither can a Bond movie as evidenced with their blatant attempt with Silva.

I also doubt DC can recapture that again too as Leto as great an actor as he is has so far been quite unimpressive but we'll see.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,691
    Just checking on Rottentomatoes, the current seasons of 'Arrow' and 'The Flash', which I believe are DC Comics characters, have 100% scores from critics. So, where is this conspiracy against DC comics?
    DC/Warner absolutely rules on TV with 4 brilliant and loved tv shows.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Just checking on Rottentomatoes, the current seasons of 'Arrow' and 'The Flash', which I believe are DC Comics characters, have 100% scores from critics. So, where is this conspiracy against DC comics?

Both good shows though that score surprises me, Flash season 1 and Arrow season 2 belong in upper echelons. Though other seasons a notch below.

BvS has had over the top stick, Marvel are far more established and how Marvel have earned that I think is something going against BvS. I like BvS though DC's strategy is questionable.

It's disgruntled haters deceiving themselves to find their own twisted peace of mind.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/16/warner-bros-developing-harley-quinn-movie/

When marvel does something this bold give me a call Untill then wow DC is really stepping up its game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Risico007, now you're just starting to sound foolish. Your support for DC's current slate of films is somewhat honorable, but that club is losing more members every single day. You're also mounting petty fights with other members over these comic book related movies more and more these days, which don't help things. You're spreading the DC movie gospel, but nobody has bothered to stand near your pulpit to hear any of it.

I don't see how this news about the Quinn movie is super bold, or how that suddenly makes Marvel DC's bitch, either. We can debate the films of each company until the cows come home, but right now, Marvel has steady wins across the board over the DCCU, without even breaking a sweat. Fans of Superman have to go to Marvel's Captain America to find a hero that resembles the man because DC have royally screwed him up so badly. That's not a good sign. I'm not happy that the DC films aren't doing well, but that is objectively how it's been heading for a long time now, since Nolan left.

People seem to think DC are the big risk takers, but how much of their efforts actually work? They fall on their faces with everything they do, especially in the new ways they are trying to present (or not present) their "heroes." Batman v Superman is basically an Elseworlds tale, because everything is so far removed from what we know. It was bold to mock Superman and Batman with shoddy characterizations, sure, but did it pay off? Judging by the box office and fan reactions, no, not really.

Marvel has nothing to worry about. Civil War was just another slam dunk, and the Russos will continue to bring the gold while DC are forced to rearrange their movie release schedule as diminishing returns will undoubtedly continue to roll in. In the meantime, people like Snyder on the DC side with make pathetic jabs at Marvel, while Marvel will ignore their petty remarks like professionals (and adults) and remain on their throne, with nothing threatening their place.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This rivalry seems as pointless as 'Xbox vs Playstation'; what's wrong with enjoying both?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    A Harley Quinn movie? I'm in. No questions asked.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    This rivalry seems as pointless as 'Xbox vs Playstation'; what's wrong with enjoying both?
    Agreed. I loved BvS and Civil War, for different reasons.
    I saw BvS three times in the thatre, and will eventually do the same for CW

What's wrong with enjoying both indeed:

"That's the way dad did it; that's the way America does it... and it's worked out pretty good."

TonyJericho.png

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote: »
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/16/warner-bros-developing-harley-quinn-movie/

When marvel does something this bold give me a call Untill then wow DC is really stepping up its game.

I guess I'm not getting how this is "bold". Because they're making a movie based around a popular character that's only just now coming to film? Because I think they did that back in 1978. It was called Superman: The Movie, and it made people believe a man could fly. What will this teach us? That a woman can headline a movie? That's been done more times than I can count. And by better studios than DC or Marvel, many years before either of them were producing movies.

Also, "When Marvel does something this bold". It was called Guardians of the Galaxy, based on a group of characters most people had never even heard of, and they made a working film who's core cast included a talking raccoon and a tree. A far bigger gamble than anything I've seen DC consider, unless you count setting up yet another Green Lantern movie after they colossally screwed up the last one.
    WB Restructures DC Films, Jon Berg and Geoff Johns to Co-Run Together

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/687859-wb-restructures-dc-films#voI6SL2x7c6BKVLh.99
    About time, though how it took so long to reach this decision is a mystery even the world's greatest detective couldn't solve. Things must be mighty awkward on the Justice League set now, what with Zack now faced with his increasingly barren control over anything in relation to the film and his overall involvement in the DCCU, not to mention that he is working intimately every day with his babysitter (Affleck). Karma? Maybe. Welcomed? Definitely.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,691
    I liked BvS, not to the level of the Dark Knight trilogy, but ok. Just, pretty please, give me a solo trilogy for Batfleck.
    I likex BvS, not to the level of the Dark Knight trilogy, but ok. Just, pretty please, give me a solo trilogy for Batfleck.

Trust me, we'll be seeing more of Ben's Batman than WB even originally planned. When he's the only positive that is consistent in reviews of BvS, it becomes very clear that his Batman has precedent over everyone else from here on out, appearance wise. I'm sure WB are trying to think of ways to put him in every solo movie imaginable, just to guarantee that butts are in seats. Now, as ever, Batman is the ultimate DC cash cow and the only reliable property they've got.
    As soon as BvS has hit the home media I'll re-cut it to Batman & Wonder Woman.