DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So they call him Shazam, and not Captain Marvel. Weird, but I get it.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    So they call him Shazam, and not Captain Marvel. Weird, but I get it.

Well that's his "official" name now.

I have no idea if we'll even hear the word "Marvel" uttered at all in the film. The Marvel Family will likely be the Shazam Family and who knows what Mary Marvel will be. She-Zam?
    So there is a DC character called Captain Marvel? And Marvel all along never sued them for that?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    DC’s character came first.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    So there is a DC character called Captain Marvel? And Marvel all along never sued them for that?

Captain Marvel was neither a DC nor Marvel character originally, but a character from Fawcett Comics. DC sued Fawcett Comics in the 1940’s alleging that Captain Marvel was a copy of Superman. In 1952, after years of litigation with DC, Fawcett threw in the towel and stopped publishing Captain Marvel comics.

In 1972, DC acquired the rights to the Captain Marvel character from Fawcett, however the Captain Marvel trademark had already lapsed due to years of inactivity. Marvel Comics snatched up the trademark in 1967 and started their own Captain Marvel series.

Both Marvel Comics and DC now had characters named Captain Marvel, but only Marvel Comics could advertise or title their series “Captain Marvel”. DC would just go on to title their series “Shazam”, and several years ago, DC officially changed the character’s name to Shazam to seemingly put an end to this saga.

edited February 2019 Posts: 45,489
    He was Captain Marvel in my comics.

He is also called that in KINGDOM COME.
    Wow, great Story, thanks @Seven_Point_Six_Five. Goes to Show that behind-the-scenes-stroies can be at least as thrilling as the actual stories ;-).

Was Marvel´s Captain Marvel female from the beginning, or was she a male similar to the Artist thenceforth known as Shazam?
    well Ben Affleck has come out and said he is not Batman anymore :(
    Risico007 wrote: »

So he is available as Daredevil again.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Wow, great Story, thanks @Seven_Point_Six_Five. Goes to Show that behind-the-scenes-stroies can be at least as thrilling as the actual stories ;-).

Was Marvel´s Captain Marvel female from the beginning, or was she a male similar to the Artist thenceforth known as Shazam?

There are two Captain Marvels in Marvel. Mar-Vell, a Kree soldier, and Carol Danvers, a human enhanced by Kree DNA. Carol went by Ms. Marvel at the start of her career and took up the mantle later.

There’s actually been at least 7 different characters to take on the Captain Marvel mantle over the years in the Marvel Comics universe, but the character was originally a male character named Mar-Vell.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,257

I just watched the video. It almost seems like it’s a huge weight off his shoulders.

Yeah I am sad about it though
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

There are two Captain Marvels in Marvel. Mar-Vell, a Kree soldier, and Carol Danvers, a human enhanced by Kree DNA. Carol went by Ms. Marvel at the start of her career and took up the mantle later.

There have been a number of Captain Marvels. Mar-Vell was the first and the second Captain Marvel was Monica Rambeau who debuted in 1982. She then went on to use the names, Photon, Pulsar and Spectrum. In the upcoming Captain Marvel film, in the 90s part Monica is a child and her mother is Carol's best friend and Co-pilot who uses the codename Photon.

Carol Danvers was the first character to be called Ms.Marvel and had been known as suchbsince 1968. It's only been since 2012 that she's gone by Captain Marvel.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    doubleoego wrote: »

There have been a number of Captain Marvels. Mar-Vell was the first and the second Captain Marvel was Monica Rambeau who debuted in 1982. She then went on to use the names, Photon, Pulsar and Spectrum. In the upcoming Captain Marvel film, in the 90s part Monica is a child and her mother is Carol's best friend and Co-pilot who uses the codename Photon.

Carol Danvers was the first character to be called Ms.Marvel and had been known as suchbsince 1968. It's only been since 2012 that she's gone by Captain Marvel.

I knew I was missing a few.
    And I thought the films are complicated :-)).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    wt0h9qt0ubh21.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,394
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Armie Hammer wouldn’t be a bad choice. Madden? No thank you!
    I would take hammer over Patterson
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Hanmer is an interesting potential Batman, his own life is comparable to Bruce Wayne's that's for sure.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,257
    I’d be ok with Hammer as Batman. It would be cool for him to finally get the role after Justice League Mortal fell apart all those years ago.

Also a new Batman should mean a new Alfred. Perhaps it’s time to get Timothy Dalton in the role. He was my first choice for Batfleck’s Alfred.
    I’d be ok with Hammer as Batman. It would be cool for him to finally get the role after Justice League Mortal fell apart all those years ago.

Also a new Batman should mean a new Alfred. Perhaps it’s time to get Timothy Dalton in the role. He was my first choice for Batfleck’s Alfred.

I am all for Dalt's playing Alfred, he would be awesome.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Aquaman 2 confirmed for December 16, 2022.

http://collider.com/aquaman-2-release-date/
    cool now can we confirm who is Batman
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

The next one is obviously going to be me.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Your Armie Hammer?

so is Henry Cavill going to be the next Bond
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Your Armie Hammer?

so is Henry Cavill going to be the next Bond

Probably depends on whether or not the contract allows for a mustache.
    No big loss