DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• I'm not sure who does better out of that: I'm no big fan of Smith (despite his obvious charisma), but then Suicide Squad was also a hot mess.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    2nd trailer for Shazam! finally confirmed to drop on Monday, March 4th. The film itself is releasing on April 5th.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Shazam is going to be fun, great trailer
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I'm glad that there wasn't too much new footage.

It does look fun, but it certainly won't be a cinema trip for me.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I actually laughed quite a bit during that trailer, and not in a sympathetic, pitiful way either.

It actually looks like great fun. Certainly more lively than Captain Marvel.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Shazam! officially clocking in at 2 hours & 5 minutes.

The social media embargo will lift March 7th (4 weeks before movie release), and the review embargo will end on March 23rd (2 weeks before movie release).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

The social media embargo will lift March 7th (4 weeks before movie release), and the review embargo will end on March 23rd (2 weeks before movie release).

Sounds like they're quite confident in it. Hope it finds an audience.

Sounds like they're quite confident in it. Hope it finds an audience.

agreed
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,257
    Idris Elba in Talks to Replace Will Smith in 'Suicide Squad' Sequel
    Sources say that Elba met with Gunn on Friday and it went so swimmingly that talks began with the studio in earnest. Elba was the first and only choice for Gunn and the studio.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/idris-elba-replacing-will-smith-suicide-squad-sequel-1191349

I think Elba would be a huge upgrade from Will Smith, but I’d rather see him saved for a more significant role like John Stewart.

Though, I have to add that if Elba were to join this SS sequel, my overall interest in this film would grow from none to some.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,267

What arm is it... :))
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five I think The Suicide Squad could be one of the biggest surprises of 2021, with a film that will be a vast improvement over the first installment from 2016.

----

In other news, Arrow will end with its 8th and final season.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/arrow-season-8-final-season-cw-1203156254/
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five I think The Suicide Squad could be one of the biggest surprises of 2021, with a film that will be a vast improvement over the first installment from 2016.
    A remotely mediocre film would suffice to achieve that Goal ;-).

boldfinger wrote: »

That would be than setting the bar higher than SP offered.
    SaintMark wrote: »

Forgive my bad English, @SaintMark, I don´t quite understand the Grammar in your sentence. Or was that an ironical comment on the Grammar in my sentence you quoted ;-)?

Forgive my bad English, @SaintMark, I don´t quite understand the Grammar in your sentence. Or was that an ironical comment on the Grammar in my sentence you quoted ;-)?

I made a joke about the fact that you think that a mediocre movie would be an improvement on the first SS movie and the joke was that that would already be better than the last 007 movie.
    First social media reactions for Shazam! :

I absolutely loved #Shazam! It's my favorite DC film yet. Zachary Levi as Shazam was perfect casting and the kids absolutely steal the show. It's an amazing family movie with dope fight scenes and great humor! You guys are going to love it.

Zachary Levi was born to play #Shazam He delivers lots of laughs alongside co-star Jack Dylan Grazer. The film packs some big surprises for comics buffs and offers enough mainstream appeal to win over new fans. Shazam’s strengths definitely outweigh its weaknesses.

Shazam! is DC’s most joyful & sweet movie since the era of Christopher Reeve’s Superman, a funny yet earnest coming of age story about a boy who learns that, well, with great power comes great responsibility. It doesn’t reinvent the superhero movie wheel, but it’s undeniably fun!

Shazam! is another win for DC. Sure, the humor & action you'd expect from a superhero film are there, but ShazamMovie stands out because of the emotional, family story at its center. I had some small issues with the hero/villain aspects but the family stuff is dynamic & powerful

Shazam is a BLAST! @ZacharyLevi is perfect as Earth’s Mightiest Mortal and the film has such heart. Very unique take on genre that doesn’t take itself too seriously & embraces the weirdness of comics. Mindblowing easter eggs for hardcore fans!

Shazam is an absolute delight! Super vibrant, tons of heart & a great fun-loving vibe. The family element is a big charmer & so is the humor that comes with watching @ZacharyLevi explore his new powers. Said this after IT but it's worth repeating - @Jgrazerofficial is a star.

Shazam is big, goofy, lovable, and unlike anything DC has done before. Definitely in the vein of Tom Hanks' BIG, but with superhero action & lots of Batman and Superman references. I dug this film so much I wanted to give it a bear hug at the end. DC's movies keep getting better

Shazam is parts Home Alone, parts Big, a crowd pleasing family-friendly joy-filled wish-fulfillment superhero film which gets a bit over the top and cheesy at times. It’s fun and funny, and I was surprised at how much it wears it’s heart on its sleeve.

Shazam⁠ ⁠ was damn near PERFECT in my book. My FAVORITE DC movie (DCEU? What are we saying now?) by far. Pure of heart, incredibly funny, full of in-jokes and references. Brought me a childlike joy to watch. This role was MADE for @ZacharyLevi... & Jack & Asher & the entire cast

DC is finally building a solid run: #Shazam⁠ ⁠ is a delight! Its familiar origin structure is forgivable because of all the new it brings to the table - primarily it's gleeful, childlike enthusiasm, & heartfelt perspective on family. It's also the role Zachary Levi was born to play.

I made a joke about the fact that you think that a mediocre movie would be an improvement on the first SS movie and the joke was that that would already be better than the last 007 movie.
    I see now ;-).
    Yes, I say Setting the bar a tad higher is absolutely justifiable ;-).

Good sadly we will never get the same praise for Ben Affleck’s Batman
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Zachary Levi looks the part, but I don t remember Captain Marvel being ridiculous in the comics.

Update: Shazam! will clock in at 2 hours & 12 minutes.
    How this is getting a sequel is beyond me....
    After all the bitching about MoS & BvS (which I found to be MASTERPIECES).
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    How this is getting a sequel is beyond me....
    After all the bitching about MoS & BvS (which I found to be MASTERPIECES).

Man of Steel, I can understand some defense. Cavill tried his damnedest, and almost came to be the symbol of hope he wears on his chest. Batman V Superman, I simply don't get. Between trying to balance superficial and even extraneous subplots to mishandling two icons of popular culture to miscasting the villain to just shoddy directorial work, BvS is just a poor film. I've tried, I've watched the movie multiple times and I just can't see where the love comes from.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,267
    @Master_Dahark I also consider MoS & BvS to be brilliant movies, though WB panicked and we ended up with JL which ended those versions of Supes and Bats
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    SS2 without Margot and without Will. Okay...

But without Margot! Come on...

Anyway, we have James Gunn. Just to give Disney the finger for their outrageously stupid move, I wish SS2 all the best in the world and GOTG3 all the worst.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    SS2 without Margot and without Will. Okay...

But without Margot! Come on...

Anyway, we have James Gunn. Just to give Disney the finger for their outrageously stupid move, I wish SS2 all the best in the world and GOTG3 all the worst.

I thought she was confirmed returning.
    54524168_1262368910587144_6012826331748761600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=a83847b25f2d8ded1483604976024f54&oe=5D4A6DE3