DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

doubleoego wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    They are blaming everyone else for their mistakes if we go back to what Snyder said his view of the universe as far as I can tell was supposed to be

Man of steel (2013)
    Man of Steel 2 (2015) with the villains being I believe Luther and Brainiac and Batman having a cameo at the end (similar to Wonder Woman in BVS)
    The Batman (2016) likely being directed by someone else but staring the same actor
    Batman V Superman 2017
    Justice league 2018 (or 2019)

Again you can hate on Snyder all you want but he was dealt a bad hand by the studio I honestly don’t think anyone could of saved dc films from wb’s we need a justice league tomorrow mentality.

My personal views aside the franchise was doomed from the start and in my opinion should Affleck leave before doing his solo film I will place the blame firmly on WB

Translation: Excuses.

No translation WB doesn’t know what they are doing...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MAN OF STEEL is by far the best Superman movie.

It's certainly up around the top spot for me, too.
    It'd be high for me too, since the Reeve films get troubling as they go.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Not if you do what I do and ignore 3 and 4.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Superman IV: The Quest for a hair peace is beyond abysmal, though I still watch it now and then for the comedic shock factor. Plus I have a fascination with Golan Globus produced films.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

She's better on The Orville anyway.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,450
    chrisisall wrote: »

I think Adrianne Palicki looked the part, and does action well the WW costume did her no favours and the writing was poor, I watched the pilot.

I think Adrianne Palicki looked the part, and does action well the WW costume did her no favours and the writing was poor, I watched the pilot.

Me too. It had interesting moments, but the writing was pretty bad standard TV Law-firm level junk, and the costume made her chest move in probably TOO interesting ways to be palatable to non hetero males or non lesbian females....

Me too. It had interesting moments, but the writing was pretty bad standard TV Law-firm level junk, and the costume made her chest move in probably TOO interesting ways to be palatable to non hetero males or non lesbian females....

The costume just looked cheap, the proposed 60's WW looked terrible by the team who made Batman.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I saw the pilot years back. I liked it from what I remember despite hearing the bad reviews that struck the whole thing down. I actually think Adrianne Palicki is more in line with the traditional Wonder Woman by a long mile than Gal Gadot's version was.
    I saw the pilot years back. I liked it from what I remember despite hearing the bad reviews that struck the whole thing down. I actually think Adrianne Palicki is more in line with the traditional Wonder Woman by a long mile than Gal Gadot's version was.

Palicki is badass she was great in Agents of Shield her departure was abrupt in season 3. First time I saw her was as the fake Kara in Smallville one of Jor El many tests.
    Palicki is badass she was great in Agents of Shield her departure was abrupt in season 3. First time I saw her was as the fake Kara in Smallville one of Jor El many tests.
    I can't recall where have I seen her first, but that may have been GI Joe: Retaliation. I can't remember exactly. And yes, Palicki is an outstanding actress, especially in action roles. Her sudden departure from S.H.I.E.L.D. had to do with her own spin-off show alongside Nick Blood which failed to grab interest, unfortunately. Nick Blood returned to SHIELD for an episode earlier this current season, and Palicki teased about rejoining the team, as well. I hope both of them do.
    I can't recall where have I seen her first, but that may have been GI Joe: Retaliation. I can't remember exactly. And yes, Palicki is an outstanding actress, especially in action roles. Her sudden departure from S.H.I.E.L.D. had to do with her own spin-off show alongside Nick Blood which failed to grab interest, unfortunately. Nick Blood returned to SHIELD for an episode earlier this current season, and Palicki teased about rejoining the team, as well. I hope both of them do.

Never heard of a spin off, season 5 still not started airing in UK as yet looking forward to watching it, I think you told me it's better than season four which was great. I have the G.I. Joe boxset on Bluray the films are fun, Palicki is the best thing in the second movie.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Never heard of a spin off, season 5 still not started airing in UK as yet looking forward to watching it, I think you told me it's better than season four which was great. I have the G.I. Joe boxset on Bluray the films are fun, Palicki is the best thing in the second movie.
    Oh yes, there was supposed to be a spin-off. They even shot a pilot. It was to put Mockingbird (Palicki) and Hunter (Blood) in the employ of Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo), a freelancer who has them embark on adventures that are similar yet different from their deals done with SHIELD.

Personally, I rather liked GI Joe: Retaliation. Didn't have a problem with it, at all. It even had Elodie Yung in it who shared some similarities with her Elektra counterpart. I loved everything in that film.
    Oh yes, there was supposed to be a spin-off. They even shot a pilot. It was to put Mockingbird (Palicki) and Hunter (Blood) in the employ of Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo), a freelancer who has them embark on adventures that are similar yet different from their deals done with SHIELD.

Personally, I rather liked GI Joe: Retaliation. Didn't have a problem with it, at all. It even had Elodie Yung in it who shared some similarities with her Elektra counterpart. I loved everything in that film.

They are fun pure escapism.

What was the Mockingbird pilot called I'll try and find it.
    Okay, now you guys are FORCING me to get and watch GI Joe: Retaliation. Thanks. More money gone... ;)
    Okay, now you guys are FORCING me to get and watch GI Joe: Retaliation. Thanks. More money gone... ;)

Ha ha every time I visit this site I spend money, the combo of both films on Bluray should be reasonably cheap, brand new in the UK it was around £10 when I bought it.

They are fun pure escapism.

What was the Mockingbird pilot called I'll try and find it.
    It was called Most Wanted if I recall. I could be wrong. However, it was never released.
    Go for it, Chris! Go for it! :D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Don't forget her little role in John Wick. She was pretty cool there, too.

tumblr_ni6nd2BY1H1qe0koio6_400.gif
    legion-poster-2-adrianne-palicki.jpg

Another Palicki film was Legion It's ok for that genre.
    The moment I saw her in John Wick, I knew she was a villainess. Didn’t like Legion, at all. It was a waste of my time.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited February 2018 Posts: 1,257
    It seems there was a test screening of Aquaman today on the WB lot. No word yet on whether it was any good. Thanks to twitter users now days, we’re 10 months out and we already have to avoid spoilers

This has peaked my interest regarding the Krypton TV series.

• This has peaked my interest regarding the Krypton TV series.

Now where the hell was he in Supergirl? THAT’S Brainiac!!

This has peaked my interest regarding the Krypton TV series.

Now where the hell was he in Supergirl? THAT’S Brainiac!!

They tried to do a female version of Brainiac in Supergirl called Indigo played by former Supergirl actress Laura Vandervoort. I don't think Krypton is linked to any other show.
  • Waaaaay back in the Christopher Reeve era, they were toying with having Brainiac as the villain for part 5.
    I even remember seeing a fan made poster with Peter Weller (bald straight from RoboCop) as Brainiac.

Maybe in Man of Steel 2.....
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,450
    It's definitely a villain they need to do, I would like to see a Brainiac Interpretation similar to the one in the animated film Superman Unbound in a Man of Steel movie.

Brainiac appearing in Krypton may delay a potential film version.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Burton movie that never happened, had Brainiac and Luthor as main villains.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Waaaaay back in the Christopher Reeve era, they were toying with having Brainiac as the villain for part 5.
    I even remember seeing a fan made poster with Peter Weller (bald straight from RoboCop) as Brainiac.

Would love to see that poster.