SKYFALL Trailers & TV Spots Thread

Comments

• edited August 2012 Posts: 2,598
    I was exaggerating and joking. My suggestion which wasn't a suggestion is terrible. :)
    OK, sorry then ;) But I take it, you wanted them to say it in a more clearly expressed way, so if true, my other writing stands.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 2,598
    No, not necessarily. The dialogue "Not like this. Not like him" just sounds cheesy to me.
    Ok. Agreed to disagree ;)
    Germanlady wrote:
    Do we have this one?

Man this looks cool...
    doubleoego wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Just watched it. Oh this was good. Two things I don't like much though: the gun with fingerprints (I don't know why exactly, too high tech, I don't know), Bond jumping in the train when the wagon is broken up.

Rubbish. The signature gun is based on existing technology not to mention it was already introduced in the Bond series 23 years ago. As for Bond coming off as invincible during the cuff adjustment scene, that's a rather tame stunt compared to the superman stuff he's dine over the 50 years. It just looks super cool and Craig sells it convincingly.

I KNOW it is based on existing technology. I just don't think a signature gun is such a good idea for a spy (even though Q gives it a rational). Okay, so it high tech, not nearly as high as an invisible car, but I didn't like it much when I saw it. it is a small, small, small reservation I had and I qualified it. Bond has done superman stuff over the years, but I prefer when there is a vulnerability to him. It is just one shot of course, and Craig played perfectly so far the human at peak physical condition yet vulnerable (as he is human). Something that was sorely lacking in most of the Brosnan era, by the way.

Germanlady wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    I enjoyed the longer, theatrical trailer but it had less impact on me than the teaser. There's some cheesy dialogue present:

* "Not like this. Not like him." She may have well have just said "he's a scary boy!"
    * "England - the Empire. MI6"
    * "Mummy, was very bad."

I'm not as crazy about the music either in this version. Still, it's just a trailer not featuring Newman's music and the rest of the dialogue sounded good to me.

The Not like this and Mummy quote live by the way they are said and how they do it, it does have an impact on me and I really like it .

I really loved these quotes too. And is it me who thinks that the "Mummy was very bad" may have been inspired by the novel's Le Chiffre? Maybe I am reading too much into it. But in any case, Silva is really sinister, looks ugly like a Fleming villain usually should and he looks like a physical threat to Bond.

• Just wanted to share this fantastic fan trailer.
    Just wanted to share this fantastic fan trailer.

I could easily accept Zimmer for a Bond flick, and this was just fantastic.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2012 Posts: 3,277
    A new TV Spot with exclusive scenes.

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Nice one! Thanks, @marketto007!

The music is from the teaser trailer of QoS, isn't it?
    Yep, it is.
    A new TV Spot with exclusive scenes.

Cheers Marketto! A few new shots there! Not much longer now people! \:D/
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This is why I love TV Spots. Now, it hits home how close this film is. We're getting towards the one month mark. :-O
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Excitement bar just maxed out! Thanks again, marketto!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Awesome! Bunch of new footage from the finale, it seems. It's so close now, I can taste it. Bring on November 9th.
    CLUBFIGHT_zps5050fa6f.png

Going to be an awesome scene. Reminiscent of the sumo fight from YOLT.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    This TV spot is great!!! Thanks @Marketto007. Just awesome :-bd
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 39
    how do i use spoiler?
  • Does anyone know if M gets shot dead in that scene with Silva pointing the gun?
    jorbri66 wrote:
    Does anyone know if M gets shot dead in that scene with Silva pointing the gun?
    Nope, she won't shot dead in that scene.
    The Jap voiceover at the end is very very funny!
    Where's Ralph Fiennes as Blofeld in this this? Just kiddin!
  • Really miss those spectacular Frank McCarthy posters...
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,934
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Actually, the voiceover guy says the trailer was sponsored by
    MISSER SPARKURU!!!

mr+sparkle+dirt.gif
  • LeChiffre wrote:

its a great TV spot. And the voice over isn't japanese but I read that it is Taiwanese....
    Not sure where to put this. Is there a video blog thread somewhere?

James Bond @007
    A brand new #SKYFALL videoblog will be live on http://007.com at 4pm today.
    http://ow.ly/i/X2mF
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    QBranch wrote:
    Not sure where to put this. Is there a video blog thread somewhere?

James Bond @007
    A brand new #SKYFALL videoblog will be live on http://007.com at 4pm today.
    http://ow.ly/i/X2mF

Looks like we were working on this at the same time @QBranch :-)

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2606/skyfall-videoblogs-turkey-locations-sept-7/p16#Item_456

edited September 2012 Posts: 13,934
    Timing is everything in this business. ;) Thanks for the link Monsieur.