The ROGER MOORE Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

OP is my favourite Sir Rog film,but they are all entertaining.
    I also used to like TMWTGG but lately im finding it harder to watch compared to the other films.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 37
    I'll be seeing the wonderful Sir Roger at the Richmond Theatre on September 22nd.

I can't wait for his wonderful anecdotes. I'll be embodying his charm and elegance by wearing a navy blue blazer with brass buttons, a white shirt open at the neck, a pair of grey flannel trousers and a pair of casual yet smart slip on brogues.

It is going to be excellent.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MrSenor wrote:
    I'll be seeing the wonderful Sir Roger at The Richmond Theatre on September 22nd.

I can't wait for his wonderful anecdotes. I'll be embodying his charm and elegance by wearing a navy blue blazer with brass buttons, a white shirt open at the neck, a pair of grey flannel trousers and a pair of casual yet smart slip on brogues.

It is going to be excellent.

I envy you. Say hi from me and the other fans.
    Roger Moore was the best Sherlock, the best Maverick, the best Ivanhoe, the best Simon Templar and the best Iron Man that never was. Could have been Mandrake as well.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Not sure if this is very interesting, but I found out today that Sir Roger Moore has written a foreword for the book comemorating 50 years of the Deutsche Diabetes Gesellschaft (German Diabetes Society). You can find the pdf here.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Sandy wrote:
    Not sure if this is very interesting, but I found out today that Sir Roger Moore has written a foreword for the book comemorating 50 years of the Deutsche Diabetes Gesellschaft (German Diabetes Society). You can find the pdf here.

How peculiar!
    Sandy wrote:

How peculiar!

You may say so! Someone put a copy in my work mail box for some reason and I just taking a look at it when suddenly I saw a familiar face :D He talks quite a bit about Bond and that he's been suffering from type II diabetes for a year now but doing fine with the help of the doctors. Charming as ever! My German is not good enough to make a proper translation but perhaps one of our German fellows could do it.
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

How peculiar!

You may say so! Someone put a copy in my work mail box for some reason and I just taking a look at it when suddenly I saw a familiar face :D He talks quite a bit about Bond and that he's been suffering from type II diabetes for a year now but doing fine with the help of the doctors. Charming as ever! My German is not good enough to make a proper translation but perhaps one of our German fellows could do it.

I never knew he suffered from diabetes! I thought the book was quite obscure. Such a gentleman, as ever.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Live and let diabetes.

Did not know he suffered from that, either. Thanks for that obscure reference, @Sandy!
    Sir Roger at tonight's Commenwealth Games Opening Ceremony with Blofeld David Cameron.

BtQULP8IMAA0aep.jpg
    Anpther pic:

BtQNDS_IMAEpwv0.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wonderful to see him again. You can't not love Sir Roger. Thanks @WillyGalore.
    Wish he hadn't had a face lift - looks a bit weird.

But good to see him out and about, hanging with his Tory chums!
    Sir Roger at tonight's Commenwealth Games Opening Ceremony with Blofeld David Cameron.

BtQULP8IMAA0aep.jpg

Nice to see him keeping the British end up!!! :D
    Sir Roger's interview with Russell Davies on BBC Radio 2 last night is now on the iPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04cp5f6
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »

BtQULP8IMAA0aep.jpg

Nice to see him keeping the British end up!!! :D

I know if it was me standing there with my wife I wouldn't be trusting the old rogue. He will be giving the PM's wife the old eyebrow treatment in no time at all.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Is anyone here going to see Roger in Cardiff apart from me ?.
    Sadly this time around all the locations are out of the question for me. Always hoped to get to meet him via a book signing? But sadly it has not meant to be! :((
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Is anyone here going to see Roger in Cardiff apart from me ?.

Enjoy the event as he is just a legend! ^:)^
    BBC Radio 4 have been trailing their new seres of The Reunion (where they reunite key players of the time to recount past events first-hand). One of this series' events is slated to cover the Roger Moore Bond era and its place in the British film industry.

Dunno if Roger's taking part himself, but let's hope so.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Do let us knkow when BBC Radio 4 start that! I really want to listen in.
    Anyone would like to as Sir Roger a question? Apparently, here's an opportunity (this was retweeted by Sir Roger's official twitter account so I think it's solid):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p>What would you like to ask <a href="https://twitter.com/sirrogermoore">@sirrogermoore</a>? We’ll put your questions to him on publication day of Last Man Standing (4/9) so tweet us & RT</p>— Michael O'Mara Books (@OMaraBooks) <a href=" agosto 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 246
    Do let us knkow when BBC Radio 4 start that! I really want to listen in.

The Reunion - BBC Radio 4 11.15 Sunday 7 Sept
    with Roger Moore, Barbara Broccoli, John Glen, Britt Ekland and Richard Kiel

more info here - bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04g6zg8
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'll be tuning in. Thanks!
    Sounds good! Will certainly tune in for that!
    Here's a funny piece of news: Roger Moore's knighthood fails to impress at the Passport Office

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11068564/Roger-Moores-knighthood-fails-to-impress-at-the-Passport-Office.html

Sir Roger Moore must have regretted no longer having his licence to kill when he visited the Passport Office in London.

First, his signature was found to be outside the box, then the photographs he had brought with him were deemed to be unacceptable because they had been taken in Switzerland, and then, finally, another problem was detected.

“On your current passport, you are named as Mr Roger Moore, but you want it in the name of Sir Roger Moore,” the bureaucrat told him.

“Yes, I’ve been knighted in the meantime,” replied the former James Bond star.

“Do you have any proof of that?”

“Proof?!” Sir Roger seethed through clenched teeth “What would you like? A letter from the Queen?”

Sir Roger relates in his amusing memoir Last Man Standing that he somehow managed to resist the temptation to say “do you know who I am?”
    Sandy wrote: »
    Here's a funny piece of news: Roger Moore's knighthood fails to impress at the Passport Office

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11068564/Roger-Moores-knighthood-fails-to-impress-at-the-Passport-Office.html

Sir Roger Moore must have regretted no longer having his licence to kill when he visited the Passport Office in London.

First, his signature was found to be outside the box, then the photographs he had brought with him were deemed to be unacceptable because they had been taken in Switzerland, and then, finally, another problem was detected.

“On your current passport, you are named as Mr Roger Moore, but you want it in the name of Sir Roger Moore,” the bureaucrat told him.

“Yes, I’ve been knighted in the meantime,” replied the former James Bond star.

“Do you have any proof of that?”

“Proof?!” Sir Roger seethed through clenched teeth “What would you like? A letter from the Queen?”

Sir Roger relates in his amusing memoir Last Man Standing that he somehow managed to resist the temptation to say “do you know who I am?”

This never happened to the other fella!! (Sean)
    Oh, that's gold!
    Sir Roger with the Babs, MGW and Jonh Glen earlier today. Not the best photo...
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p>With Barbara broccoli, Michael Wilson and john glen recording Reunion for bbc radio 4 this weekend! <a href="http://t.co/1g23RiRCBE">pic.twitter.com/1g23RiRCBE</a></p>&mdash; Sir Roger Moore (@sirrogermoore) <a href=" setembro 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    BwigyWzCEAA48zM.jpg
    Although blurred? It's great to see the affection the producers have for Roger! ^:)^
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Roger always has the best suits. :)>-