Christopher Nolan wants to direct a Bond

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Mark Boone Jr was in Memento and BB.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    were there any tow-trucks in the Nolan films ? that would please M_Balje very much :)

I look forward to a decade of Nolan-Bond cooperation. Even if he just writes. Hell, bring him on as a third producer.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Tarantino writing/co-writing and Nolan directing. That would be my dream combo.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

That will never happen. If Nolan is directing you best believe he will be heavily involved in the writing process, and he wouldn't allow what Tarantino would shuffle in.

That will never happen. If Nolan is directing you best believe he will be heavily involved in the writing process, and he wouldn't allow what Tarantino would shuffle in.

I know it'll never happen, but Tarantino is great with some stuff Bond needs, like memorable (sometimes brilliantly OTT) characters, and he's good at dialouge. Nolan can do that too, but not as good as Tarantino (especially on the memorable characters side of things).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I know it'll never happen, but Tarantino is great with some stuff Bond needs, like memorable (sometimes brilliantly OTT) characters, and he's good at dialouge. Nolan can do that too, but not as good as Tarantino (especially on the memorable characters side of things).
    I don't agree with that at all.

I don't agree with that at all.

Well, here's an example, I found Aldo the Apache from IB much more memorable than Cobb in Inception. Also another great memorable Tarantino character (also from IB), is Hans Lada, a great villian who's also that little bit OTT, the sort of characters Bond has had/needs.
    Just remember, Nolan brought Ledger's Joker into the world. Imagine who he could pit Bond against.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Just remember, Nolan brought Ledger's Joker into the world. Imagine who he could pit Bond against.

True.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2012 Posts: 5,990
    echo wrote:
    What people?
    Basically everyone.
    echo wrote:
    Once Eon let Forster not hire Daniel Kleinman, precedent was set. Arnold's nonhiring wasn't a surprise.

Arnold's nonhiring wasn't only a surprise, it was a HUGE surprise. The composer is a far more important person on a movie than the main title designer.

Not to Forster. It was more important to him to have control over the title designer than the composer.

Where was the surprise in the media? Directors often bring their own composers along with them from project to project. Babs and MGW had to talk Forster into hiring Arnold (which was the right decision, as it was a direct sequel).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Who did Forster want as his composer then?
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,619
    echo wrote:
    Not to Forster. It was more important to him to have control over the title designer than the composer.

Where did you get that from? Unless you worked on QOS or are Forster's mother, you can't know that.
  • I think this would be a great choice. Nolan has stated that OHMSS is one of his favourite films. Inception is bursting with Bondness in many shots. I think - like Mendes - Nolan is a world class director who has a huge respect for the Bond universe and the Bond character. I would much rather have someone like Nolan commit to the Bond franchise and invest his time than some director who I don't think really respects the Bond universe come aboard..Lee Tamahori springs to mind.
    Bring it on. Would love CN to take on Bond as he's yet to make a bad film. And he could cast Tom Hardy as Craig's successor when the time comes. Perfect. Tom Hardy can kick serious arse ala DC and is a top actor.
    Yeah Hardy would be a great Bond.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I would love if Nolan directed aa Bond film, or even if he wrote the script! My only worry, similar to other fellow posters, is that he usually brings a lot of actors to his films. But I wouldn't mind Michael Caine showing up in a Bond film for example!
    echo wrote:

Where did you get that from? Unless you worked on QOS or are Forster's mother, you can't know that.

http://commanderbond.net/6918/marc-forster-on-quantum-of-solace-working-with-david-arnold.html

Apology accepted. :)
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,619
    echo wrote:

He never implies in that article that it was more important to him to have control over the title designer than the composer.

So no apologies.
    echo wrote:

He never implies in that article that it was more important to him to have control over the title designer than the composer.

So no apologies.

Sure it does. He insisted on bringing on his usual title designer (over Kleinman).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Man, I love Ken Watanabe and want him in any Bond film; that is fine with me! Tom Hardy in a side role would be great. But I want Craig as Bond for at least 2 more.
    Man, I love Ken Watanabe and want him in any Bond film; that is fine with me! Tom Ford in a side role would be great. But I want Craig as Bond for at least 2 more.

As Tiger Tanaka, Bond's Japanese contact ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    echo wrote:

Really, sir? I'm sure we don't need that level of hyperbole in our fine debates here. ;-) Thank you for your consideration.
    The next 007 actor cold be Bond Redux - The New Classics. You Only Live Twice is remade by Christopher Nolan, following Martin Cambell's OHMSS and ,...only if he promises to 'play nicely', Terence Tarantino gives us, The Man With The Golden Gun.
    LeQueux wrote:
    The next 007 actor cold be Bond Redux - The New Classics. You Only Live Twice is remade by Christopher Nolan, following Martin Cambell's OHMSS and ,...only if he promises to 'play nicely', Terence Tarantino gives us, The Man With The Golden Gun.
    It's Quentin, not Terence.
    :-\"
    LeQueux wrote:

And NO remakes of classic Bondmovies, please.

• oo7oo7
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,068
    I wouldnt mind if the films were set in the time period of the books. I really dont know why a games company does not stive to retell the stories with a concistant bond. or indeed a mini series format 3 mini movies a year runing alongside the current 007 films?
    Alot of people got annoyed with the idea of a dark knight video game after arkham but at the end of the day the more batman games the better. the same i think applies for bond the more we get the more we will enjoy i dont think it would cause splintering of fanships.
    It's obvious from his statement that he'll only be involved when Craig has come to the end of his cycle and the franchise requires a "new" direction, otherwise why involve Nolan? Bond is going to remain serious and shaded (don't like dark description) for the unforseeable future as that's the way blockbusters are right now. When a comedic thriller grosses $600 worldwide followed by a spate of similiar successes then Eon might consider a change in tone... but don't hold your breath Moore/Brosnan fans.

And I, for one, would love a 4-hour homage to OHMSS by Nolan!! The future looks promising.

Meanwhile, if Skyfall is good then I'd be happy for Eon to continue with Mendes for the interim.
    bondsum wrote:
    And I, for one, would love a 4-hour homage to OHMSS by Nolan!! The future looks promising.

I'd be more than happy to see a homage to OHMSS but...please Mr Nolan...don't make it four hours :p
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Man, I love Ken Watanabe and want him in any Bond film; that is fine with me! Tom Ford in a side role would be great. But I want Craig as Bond for at least 2 more.

As Tiger Tanaka, Bond's Japanese contact ;)

That would be good. I'd like to see Tiger return in a new story.