The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

1130131132133134136»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Give me a sequel to The Matador instead.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    The Matador 2
    Matadors
    The Return of the Matador
    The Matador Strikes Again
    The Matador Part II
    The (Julian) Noble House
    Matador: Wright & Noble
    The Greek Matador

Brosnan and Kinnear have such cool chemistry. They should work together again. I haven't seen Salvation Boulevard so I don't know if they share any scenes.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The Matador 2
    Matadors
    The Matador Part II
    The (Julian) Noble House
    The Greek Matador

Brosnan and Kinnear have such cool chemistry. They should work together again. I haven't seen Salvation Boulevard so I don't know if they share any scenes.

They do share a few scenes together. That one wasn't at all what I was expecting but was still pretty solid overall, uniquely different.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited April 17 Posts: 2,932
    https://www.thestar.co.uk/culture/celebrity/pierce-brosnan-set-to-play-sheffield-boxing-coach-brendan-ingle-in-prince-naseem-hamed-film-4593207

Brendan Ingle was a truly great man and an absolute Sheffield legend. Pierce is honoured to be playing him, tbh. However, the producers have got no idea just how badly they've cocked-up by filming it in Leeds instead of Sheffield. It's like making a film about Celtic and filming it at Ibrox!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The Matador 2
    Matadors
    The Matador Part II
    The (Julian) Noble House
    The Greek Matador

They do share a few scenes together. That one wasn't at all what I was expecting but was still pretty solid overall, uniquely different.

Nice, will watch.

Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan, Ben Kingsley are set to star in ‘The Thursday Murder Club’ with Chris Columbus to direct
    I know he's 70 but Pierce went so quickly from "older, seasoned secret agent" to "older than dirt retirement home citizen" in just a couple of years.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    And yet his fans on twitter would insist he could still play Bond today as if no time had passed beyond his greying hair.
  • Dalton fans have been insisting the same thing. In fact “Old Man Bond” isn’t a new concept by any means.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There's a good chance he'll be doing a East End accent for this one apparently, Brosnan + accent is always a treat!
  • mtm wrote: »
    There's a good chance he'll be doing a East End accent for this one apparently, Brosnan + accent is always a treat!

Agreed; my favorite is “Foghorn Leghorn” Brosnan from Fast Charlie.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    If Pierce plays Brendan Ingle, he'll have to learn an Irish accent...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 24 Posts: 14,963
    He's playing Ron (I haven't read it so I don't know much about the character).
  • I want a Taffin sequel with more shouty Brosnan!
    Closest thing you will find:

• peterpeter Toronto
    Closest thing you will find:

That was great!
    Pierce sets up another film with romantic thriller A Spy's Guide To Survival, where he plays an ex-spy who strikes up a relationship with his neighbor:

https://deadline.com/2024/04/pierce-brosnan-to-star-spys-guide-to-survival-passage-pictures-1235894910/