The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Moobraker! :))
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    mtm wrote: »
    Moobraker! :))

A friend and I coined that one after seeing Mamma Mia 2 :)
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 305
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Brosnan killing lots of bad guys and trying to rock a southern accent all in the same film? Yeah, I'm gonna love this movie.

Taffin Part 2!

Pierce's voice seems to switch from a southern UK accent to southern US accent... so definitely in the Taffin 'dodgy accent' tradition. ;))

Pierce looks and acts far more macho/cool than Harrsion Ford did in Indiana Jones 5. Maybe it's not a fair comparison as they're different roles but based on that trailer Brosnan doesn't have that really old vibe that I thought Ford had in IJ 5.

Based on that trailer it doesn't seem far fetched to imagine PB could pull off an older Bond back in action.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He’s about 12 years younger than Ford, isn’t he? So he would seem younger.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I watched Lawnmower Man last night, PB does look young in that film, the film has not aged well.
  • I watched Lawnmower Man last night, PB does look young in that film, the film has not aged well.

it was looked dated when it was released
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2023 Posts: 23,457
    I watched Lawnmower Man last night, PB does look young in that film, the film has not aged well.

Yeah I did think of Tron whilst watching this film which was far superior.

Love 'Tron', remember seeing it in the cinema called 'The Ambassador' which used to show films in 70mm, and had great audio! Sadly, no longer a Cinema! All of Arnies 80's movies were shown there, ah, good times!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Love 'Tron', remember seeing it in the cinema called 'The Ambassador' which used to show films in 70mm, and had great audio! Sadly, no longer a Cinema! All of Arnies 80's movies were shown there, ah, good times!

There was an Opera House near me back in the 80's where I watched a lot of the classics of that time, alas it was bulldozed.

I have always wanted the futuristic black desk that David Warner has in his office in Tron or something similar.lol

There was an Opera House near me back in the 80's where I watched a lot of the classics of that time, alas it was bulldozed.

I have always wanted the futuristic black desk that David Warner has in his office in Tron or something similar.lol

I felt 'Tron' was such a one off film experience that I couldn't bring myself to watch 'Tron: Legacy'
    I still haven't seen it!

I felt 'Tron' was such a one off film experience that I couldn't bring myself to watch 'Tron: Legacy'
    I still haven't seen it!

I have the bluray boxset of both films, Tron Legacy is not perfect though its pretty good, the score is fantastic by Daft Punk.

Solar Sailer (From "TRON: Legacy"/Score)

I often listen to this score, Tron Legacy has a number of amazing visual scenes shot in IMAX.
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 305

I still haven't seen it!

There was a Lawnmower Man 2.
    Rotten Tomatoes score... 10%. Not a classic then!

=;
    bondywondy wrote: »

I still haven't seen it!

There was a Lawnmower Man 2.
    Rotten Tomatoes score... 10%. Not a classic then!

=;

I haven't seen 'Lawnmower Man' 1, and have no intention to either!
    I think Lawnmower Man aged really well, and the subject matter of the film is still relevant.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Speaking of early 90s Brosnan films, has anyone seen Victim of Love?
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

I'd never heard of this one but Wikipedia says:
    due to its popularity, steamy scenes were expanded

Crikey!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I have. It's ultra cheesy and I really had nothing good to say about it in my review when I saw it. I can't remember much from it at all and I only saw it last year.
    70 years old and this man is somehow ridiculously more handsome than ever:

• SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2023 Posts: 1,383
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    70 years old and this man is somehow ridiculously more handsome than ever:

Amazing. Just Amazing. He really is that handsome for his current age.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited December 2023 Posts: 2,936
    Said it before, but it bears repeating: Pierce is an absolute dude. No doubt.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

I found it cheaply on DVD recently and snapped it up. I've never seen it before but maybe I wasn't missing much?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    "Fast Charlie" is getting good reviews.
    talos7 wrote: »
    "Fast Charlie" is getting good reviews.

8 review in on RT and 100% so far? I'll take it. Will definitely fluctuate but I'm glad to hear this. The trailer has me very intrigued.
    I wish this would come to theaters here. I doubt it will.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2023 Posts: 7,989
    Just caught Fast Charlie this morning, easily Brosnan's best film in many, many years. A bit low budget and rough around the edges but the performances are solid, the flashes of action are entertaining, the twisty mind games are interesting, and Brosnan fully delivers. Had a very good time with this one, refreshingly so.
  • I’m glad to hear that, I’m looking forward to checking it out myself!
    Me too!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I really, really had a good time with Fast Charlie. It's a suprisingly light-hearted caper. Brosnan is on good form and the accent works much better in the film itself than the trailer led me to believe. There are some genuine chuckle-worthy moments in there and the little bits of violence are suitably gnarly.
    I really, really had a good time with Fast Charlie. It's a suprisingly light-hearted caper. Brosnan is on good form and the accent works much better in the film itself than the trailer led me to believe. There are some genuine chuckle-worthy moments in there and the little bits of violence are suitably gnarly.

Wasn't it fun? I had such a blast with it.

Also, another recent Brosnan feature with a little Bond nod/Easter Egg, of sorts:
    When going through his stash at home, he fondly checks out the Walther PPK in detail before setting it down and moving on to other weaponry. Simple but effective, and as a Brosnan fan, something that was really appreciated and enjoyed by me.