Q & Miss Moneypenny have returned

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've seen Reilly in something, but can't recall what it was. She would play a great MP. Going to sit here in silence now and think of what that movie was, haha.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I've seen Reilly in something, but can't recall what it was. She would play a great MP. Going to sit here in silence now and think of what that movie was, haha.
    Sherlock Holmes perhaps ? She was Jude Law's girlfriend in it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's it! Thank you very much. I wonder if she will play a bigger part in 'A Game of Shadows'.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I seriously think she is my favorite choice for MP of all the women I've seen so far. Something about her fits.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I remember her now @DC007 and @Creasy. Mary Morstan was the character.
    Red heads have no soul.
    If Bond 23 is going to be a third part of the two films that went before it and Moneypenny and Q were omitted from those releases, it kind of doesn't make sense to introduce them or bring them back at this stage.

I don't know what they were thinking of by leaving out two of the most pivotal players of any 007 release, this is James Bond, you can't just throw Q and Moneypenny by the wayside and expect no one to notice, I don't expect the two characters to be brought back for the next Craig installment.
  • I agree with Kelly Reilly as a choice for Moneypenny. She has an intelligent office look to her, but still retains a sexiness about her.
    She totally Rocks my socks off. I sooooooooooooooooo would day and night.
    I hope they come back. I don't think B23 is going to be the end of the Quantum storyline, so I hope we see them introduced at this stage in Craig's era.
    I still want Harris as Moneypenny!

• I don't know what they were thinking of by leaving out two of the most pivotal players of any 007 release, this is James Bond, you can't just throw Q and Moneypenny by the wayside and expect no one to notice, I don't expect the two characters to be brought back for the next Craig installment.
    Baltimore, I wouldn't exactly describe the characters as "pivotal". That makes it sound as if the story or a major plot point always revolves around them. I would say that Moneypenny is pivotal in OHMSS and perhaps LTK but that's it. They can be enjoyable characters but I don't think that they're needed in *every* film.

But it will be interesting to see how they handle this in the future - and possibly Bond 23 :-)

Jean Luc Picard for Q or M? Only thing is I'm not sure he's a brit.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    As much as we all want to see them return, I would rather it be Moneypenny OR Q and not both of them introduced in the same film. Let's stretch it out over a few films.
    Jean Luc Picard for Q or M? Only thing is I'm not sure he's a brit.
    Really? Nobody? I think he'd be a great Q
  • I want Helen McCrory for Moneypenny if she is indeed in the cast. She just looks right for the part. I still can't wrap my head around a replacement for Q. I actually hope they don't call the character "Q" but rather Major Boothroyd. I think the moniker of "Q" must be earned by whoever takes the title, but maybe that's because I've gotten used to a revolving Moneypenny.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I think calling Boothroyd, Q, will just make the public think of gadgets, laughs and Desmond. I think Craig and EON knows this needs to be avoided so Major Boothroyd is a much better and more like the novels, way of calling the character.

I too have no idea who should play him but I get the feeling he'll be in Bond 24 as Moneypenny and him with be reintroduced one film at a time.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I also want to see Mcrory as Moneypenny. It makes sense. She's meant to be slightly older than Bond, and Mcrory is practically the same age as Craig so it can be done. As for Harris being Moneypenny, I thought why not?- until I saw Mcrory. Now Harris just seems more and more like a Bond girl.

As for Q, well I have no idea. I'd like to see John Cleese come back, but I can't imagine what a scene with him and Craig would look like. I'm assuming he won't be in it cause I haven't heard anything yet. And I agree that Bond refering to him as Major or Boothroyd would seem more realistic in these modern films.

Anyway, whoever plays Q and Moneypenny, it's time for their return! But please, one at a time. Bringing them both back in the one movie would seem like too much all at once!
    Naomie Harris has been confirmed as Miss Moneypenny though. As for 'Q', I'm not sure. It'll be interesting to see what sort of role Ben Whishaw will play, as he's assigned an unspecified role at the moment. I can see him play a very awkward tech savvy character, but obviously if he were a 'Q' character. The old dynamic of 'Q' being the avuncular figure who admonishes Bond won't be there.
    Naomie Harris has been confirmed as Miss Moneypenny though.
    No, she hasn't. It's just speculation being presented as fact.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 74
    Mod/admin: Delete
    Marlohe hs not been confirmed, either. That's also speculation being passed off as fact.

So far, the only members of the cast who have been confirmed are Daniel Craig and Judi Dench.
    So what's Harries's status in regards to her involvement with the film? Still "attached" or what?
    Just attached. Like I said, there have been no confirmations. A confirmation is someone like Craig, Mendes, Wilson, and/or Broccoli saying "this person is in the film and they will be playing this role".
    But it's safe to infer that she is involved in the film somehow, just without a stated role. As of yet. If we want to skirt around the whole confirmation bit.
    There's no inference - Harris herself has said that she met with the producers. And unlike the Berenice Marlohes of the world, who just give a vague statement along the lines of "she has been cast in the film" (which can't be verified), Harris actually acknowledged it in an interview. There is a direct quote from Harris; there isn't one from Marlohe.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    First of all, nothing to do with racism, for god sakes. But EON are doing the same thing they've done casting Jeffrey Wright to Felix's part. Despite he's great work on CR and QOS, the history says, the books and the movies, that Felix was a caucasian, not african-american.

The same applies to Miss Moneypenny. She's sweet, blue eyes and guess what? Caucasian. Of course if Naomie Harris ends up casted as Penny, no doubt she'll do a remarkable job, but even so...not according to the history of Bond.

xxx
    Or maybe they just cast the best actor available.
    Totally agree mate.

xxx
    Totally agree mate.

xxx
    Although I must admit, Namoie Harris in the role of Moneypenny makes me think of this: