Q & Miss Moneypenny have returned

14567810»

Comments

• doubleoego wrote:
    Quick question, Is Craig the only Bond to have called MP, "Miss Moneypenny"?

I think I remember Brosnan saying it too. Not entirely sure though.
    Penguin wrote:
    Being that Ben Whishaw is gay, do you think that Q should also be!? Give the old character a new angle and his repour with Bond!!!? I'd like it!! ;;)
    You why did put post. I don't care if what the current Q is like, you should new post on that. Yes I know about Ben Whishaw back ground. I remember how it was with him & Daniel Craig in Eduring Love. I flay this
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The new Q might be gay. Equally, he could've been gay in the old films. But I don't want to find out because I don't think they should explore Qs personal life at all.

They should keep it simple. Q is the old (altough that's gone out the window now) gadget master who is there for comedy, has lots of banter with Bond but cares about him.

Truer words were never spoken.
    Agent7F wrote:
    Penguin wrote:
    Being that Ben Whishaw is gay, do you think that Q should also be!? Give the old character a new angle and his repour with Bond!!!? I'd like it!! ;;)
    You why did put post. I don't care if what the current Q is like, you should new post on that. Yes I know about Ben Whishaw back ground. I remember how it was with him & Daniel Craig in Eduring Love. I flay this

....I posted because i feel it would be an interesting angle to have simmering in the background, for the few minutes that Q and Bond are together! I'm not saying be loud and proud about it all, Just have a cleverly written innuendo patter that indicates that theres more to Q than we first see!? One small part of a much bigger cleverer film that Eon are exploring in making now!!
    I feel it would be a bold intelligent move, in a film series that is moving away from the old, get mission kill folks, get the girl and everyones happy, "Q" music!! etc!!

Exploring Q's personal life is not what i said either? Its simply writing in a subtle hint that theres more to this character than meets the eye, and therefore giving Q a broader meaning, in the whole Bond circus! Clever fun could be had with it, dealt with in the adult professional way that Bond is approached with at the mo!!

Have a clearer wider vision gentlemen, and look at what small detail like this can bring to a much improved format, that is more than capable of incorporating this and other areas of modern life into its screen time!

:-B
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    doubleoego wrote:
    One has to be gay to be believable? Sorry but that's bullcrap. Q's character isn't big enough to explore his sexual preference anyway. The Bond movies should be spending their time trying to come up with a great plot and not trying to homosexualise characters for the sake of dumb, political recognition that serves no purpose at least not in a positive way anyway.

Oops, your homophobia is showing.

echo wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    One has to be gay to be believable? Sorry but that's bullcrap. Q's character isn't big enough to explore his sexual preference anyway. The Bond movies should be spending their time trying to come up with a great plot and not trying to homosexualise characters for the sake of dumb, political recognition that serves no purpose at least not in a positive way anyway.

Where? He is saying exploring Q's sex life will hurt the character, not that being gay will hurt the character.
    Penguin wrote:
    Agent7F wrote:
    Penguin wrote:
    You why did put post. I[/u] don't care if what the current Q is like, you should new post on that. Yes I know about Ben Whishaw back ground. I remember how it was with him & Daniel Craig in Eduring Love. I flay this
    Meaning you should a new post about that all. I should be carefully about a full sentence.
    Agent7F wrote:
    Yes I know about Ben Whishaw back ground. I remember how it was with him & Daniel Craig in Eduring Love.

What do you mean?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    echo wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Oops, you can't read.

Thank you @JWESTBROOK.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 5,979
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    echo wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Where? He is saying exploring Q's sex life will hurt the character, not that being gay will hurt the character.

There. And there. And there. And there. And there.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 11,139
    echo wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    echo wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

There.

You highlighted a few words from a paragraph of text to come to an inaccurate conclusion. I suggest you read the whole paragraph instead of reacting to individual words that do not sum up the point I was making.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 5,979
    Your justification makes no sense.

It is one thing to argue that Q should have no personal life onscreen. It is another to throw around words like "dumb" and phrases like "not in a positive way."

How old are you?
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    echo wrote:

It is one thing to argue that Q should have no personal life onscreen. It is another to throw around words like "dumb" and phrases like "not in a positive way."

How old are you?

It would be dumb to explore Q's sex life, or Moneypenny, or M's, or Tanners. It would almost assuredly harm their characters. That is the only point trying to be made here.

Don't be so sensitive. He's not saying making Q gay will hurt the character, but just exploring his sex life, gay or straight, would hurt the character.

Why are you scanning his words looking for trouble? If he says what you say is not what he meant, then it's not what he meant. It's not what I got from it, either. Just because you interpret something someway, doesn't mean it was meant that way. And that's your own fault.
    echo wrote:

How old are you?

Irrespective of how old I am, you need to grow up and refrain from trying to incite an argument when there's no need. @JWESTBROOK has reiterated my initial point perfectly so I have no worries in thinking my communication was off or what I was saying made no sense. I have nothing further to add to this particular matter as it is wasting everybody's time.
    @DrGorner I also like Naomi Harries as Miss Moneypenny too.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    I agree with the idea of a young, nerdy Q who irritates Bond with his enthusiasm. Make him brilliant but clumsy and awkward.<br />
    Moneypenny can remain the eternal girl next door.

March 2011 - go me!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Could you give me some idea of this weeks lottery numbers ? :D
    But good prediction. =D>
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Could you give me some idea of this weeks lottery numbers ? :D
    But good prediction. =D>

My powers have noticeably diminished over the years. These days I remember to get up in the morning, but after that everything is guess work. ;-)
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    NicNac wrote: »
    My powers have noticeably diminished over the years. These days I remember to get up in the morning, but after that everything is guess work. ;-)
    Old dog. New tricks
  • RC7RC7
    On the subject of Q, my wife (God knows what she was doing for a year) has drawn my attention to this...

Skip to around 2:30 to see 'Q' let rip on the dance floor. Eat your heart out Desmond.