Q & Miss Moneypenny have returned

Comments

• edited June 2011 Posts: 74
    Mark Gatiss for Q?

David Suchet for Q/future M?

Miss Moneypennies:

Karen Gillan:

I'd say many would not want Miss Gillan, perhaps too young.

Anna Madeley:

Lastly, Jonathan Cake:
    image ;-)

Kelly Reilly and Romola Garai are very good choices!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    David Suchet for M !! :-bd
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 74
    I'm glad you approve, makes up for saying Mathis's death scene in "QoS" failed to "move" you. ;-)

I think Chiwetel Ejiofor is a class actor. I'd love to see him play 'Q' but I think such a minor would vastly underuse his talents.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    M - Ken Stott

Miss Moneypenny - Jaime Murray or Natalie Dormer

MajorDSmythe, two excellent choices there. I had thought of Natalie Dormer (she has a restrained sexuality about her) for Miss Moneypenny and Ken Stott is a great actor. I think he could do either M or Q. Hayley Atwell is another interesting one for Miss Moneypenny:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,894
    Thanks, i'm glad you agree. After seeing Stott in Rebus and The Vice, i'm convinced he'd be a cracking M. Ah, now for Q, the first last and only name that springs to mind would be none other than the real McCoy, Sylvester McCoy.

In my opinion, he's got the perfect natural eccentricities (just watch him in an interview, he's not putting it on) for Q.

Stott as M
    McCoy as Q
    Murray or Dormer as Miss Moneypenny*

*Murray would be my first pick, but i'd like to see either of them in the role.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 78
    I think Romola Garai would make a great new Miss Moneypenny. A great blend of innocent, cute, intelligent-looking and sexy all in one:
    I was going to suggest her myself.
  • The more I think about it the more I'm warming to the idea of Murray as Moneypenny. Good age and she can dial down her sexuality for more of a friendly banter relationship than a "I can't wait to see the two of them get together" relationship. Actually, she's now my number one choice!
    David Suchet for M !! :-bd
    Agreed!
    i would rather have a complete unknown cast for both Moneypenny and Q.. any sort of name would distract from the role, and would seem out of place - not to mention, it would seem to overshadow your principal actor (Craig) in their scenes.. i felt this way about John Cleese.... to me, I could not see Q (or was it R), i just saw John Cleese....

i know it's cliche' for people to say that about name actors in various roles in films... but the role of Q and Moneypenny does not require a big name to step in... I would actually prefer the new Q to be one of the guys we've already seen in the previous 2 films... namely the ones during the poising scene in CR and the scene in QOS where they go over the tagged money that they found in Le Chiffre's account..
    Agreed, let's have unknowns and please let's not have actors known for their comedy roles. Q scenes might have humour, but he himself is not a comedian.

I do think Q was already there in CR, but I don't think he was the guy in the poison scene: Boothroyd is an engineer of some sort, not a doctor. My idea: the man who puts the emettor in Bond's arm. He even looked like the real life Boothroyd.
    Agreed, let's have unknowns and please let's not have actors known for their comedy roles. Q scenes might have humour, but he himself is not a comedian.
    Give EON some credit. They're not going to cast an actor based solely on his comedic credentials in the role. John Cleese might have been a comedian, but R/Q was not. The comedy was in the way his character was written.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    They're not going to cast an actor based solely on his comedic credentials in the role.
    Cleese was hired precisely for his comedic credentials.

The more I think about it the more I'm warming to the idea of Murray as Moneypenny. Good age and she can dial down her sexuality for more of a friendly banter relationship than a "I can't wait to see the two of them get together" relationship. Actually, she's now my number one choice!

Good man, thelordflasheart. I've long since thought she'd make a wonderful Moneypenny.

• DB5DB5
    Totally agree with bringing Moneypenny and Q back into the series! The repartee between Bond and each of these two characters is one of the endearing aspects of the entire canon. The playful innocent fliratation between Bond and MP so contrasts with the sex that 007 has with the other women in his life. Plus the verbal jousting between Bond and his older and wiser colleague Q is just priceless!
  • yeah but this DC's bond - and a Bond in a grounded 'real' world. So forget the bygone days of MP and Q.

If they are brought back it'll be totally different from what we are expecting; sorry, want.

I reckon MP will kick butt in the field and Q will be a cold provider of death toys.
    Cleese was hired precisely for his comedic credentials.
    Operative term: "was".
    Give EON some credit. They're not going to cast an actor based solely on his comedic credentials in the role. John Cleese might have been a comedian, but R/Q was not. The comedy was in the way his character was written.
    Well, they did it in the past, once. To be fair, Cleese can play serious, but he was cast for the wrong reasons and I think many fans think of Q as a comedy character, hence the suggestions that Simon Pegg plays the role or Cleese gets back. I am not too worried about EON, but I am surprised that so many moviegoers equal Q with comedy.
    Why has no one posted this? Is it consider unfounded rumor?

http://screenrant.com/james-bond-23-cast-harris-bardem-fiennes-kofi-122736/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I want Q to be re-realised the way he was initially conceived in Dr.No.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Why has no one posted this? Is it consider unfounded rumor?

http://screenrant.com/james-bond-23-cast-harris-bardem-fiennes-kofi-122736/
    There are many threads already running covering these topics.
    They must make a return in Bond 23. They simply must!
    I am glad, however, that John Cleese and Samantha Bond are gone. Cleese was an awful Q, and Samantha Bond had grone pretty tiresome and stale by DAD. Also, I could never get over that ridiculous short hair. It didn't fit Moneypenny at all.
    I am glad, however, that John Cleese and Samantha Bond are gone. Cleese was an awful Q, and Samantha Bond had grone pretty tiresome and stale by DAD. Also, I could never get over that ridiculous short hair. It didn't fit Moneypenny at all.
    I liked her in Goldeneye, and she was OK for TND. But yes, in TWINE, it was getting to that stage where it was becoming tiresome. They were trying to fit in Moneypenny when it wasn't really necessary. I hope that the new Moneypenny and/or Q don't overplay their role.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I liked her in Goldeneye, and she was OK for TND. But yes, in TWINE, it was getting to that stage where it was becoming tiresome. They were trying to fit in Moneypenny when it wasn't really necessary. I hope that the new Moneypenny and/or Q don't overplay their role.
    A key factor in this is not having them in every film. As you said, only when necessary.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 1,310
    Ah, now for Q, the first last and only name that springs to mind would be none other than the real McCoy, Sylvester McCoy.
    I never liked McCoy as the Doctor that much, but I could see him as Q. The writers would have to avoid making him a clown, however and based on McCoy's 'lighter' portrayal as the Doctor, Purvis and Wade would likely not be able to hold themselves back from making McCoy's Q into some bumbling little man.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 820
    The new Moneypenny is announced but there should a new Q. Q should also return in Bond 23.
    Every time I think of Naomie Harris as Moneypenny, I think of this:

And to a lesser extent, this:

Although not so much this:

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    I agree with Kelly Reilly as a choice for Moneypenny. She has an intelligent office look to her, but still retains a sexiness about her.
    She's hot, no doubt. I can remember seeing her in Above Suspicion, and thinking she would make a good Bond girl. Shortly after thinking she would be a better Moneypenny. But I haven't really seen her in anything else... so I'm open minded :)
    Kelly Reilly !! :X