Action Movies Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    If Reacher pulls in good B.O. numbers we may have another spy/military action franchise on our hands. And Rosamund looks delicious.
  • If Reacher pulls in good B.O. numbers we may have another spy/military action franchise on our hands. And Rosamund looks delicious.

Hum, Rosamund is great in it :) One of the good things to come from DAD ;)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If Reacher pulls in good B.O. numbers we may have another spy/military action franchise on our hands. And Rosamund looks delicious.

Hum, Rosamund is great in it :) One of the good things to come from DAD ;)

Oh, indeed. I wish that Jinx was the rat and Miranda was the one on Bond's side just so I could see her kick (and kill) that unlucky wench. >:)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 40,370
    'Pacific Rim' trailer #2 has been released:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98612

I think the movie looks like a good bit of fun, but I get bad flashbacks of 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' when the main Jaegar flies through the overpass. *shudders* I hate comparing this to 'Transformers,' but I can't help it when I see this in the trailer.

Also, some of the better news I've heard in a while - Joseph Gordon-Levitt has joined 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For':
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98606
    The new trailer for the sequel to Bruce Willis' surprise hit Red, creatively titled Red 2 is now available:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98994
    Huh...I would actually pay to see that! :O
    Huh...I would actually pay to see that! :O

I posted this before watching it.. and well it actually made me smile. And laugh a little! I will be in theaters for this.
  • I loved RED, so I am definitely excited for this one! Loved the jokes they had in here! Willis and Malkovich work very well together. CAN'T WAIT!!! :D
  • Really enjoyed the first one so I'll be seeing this. Shame Freeman got killed off, I would've liked to see him in this one.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Really enjoyed the first one so I'll be seeing this. Shame Freeman got killed off, I would've liked to see him in this one.

Yeah, I hated that in RED 1 his character
    looked like he got killed, but he actually faked his death, only to die for real not long after. I figure they had script issues and had to do it, or maybe he had other films or things to commit to.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    One of two (!) films to be released this year about the U.S. President being attacked in his house of white just released its trailer and poster.

Olympus Has Fallen:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99182

Looks alright. But a Brit as the main American hero? I mean I don't really care.. but I mean.. that's like an Australian James Bond. Oh wait..
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    One of two (!) films to be released this year about the U.S. President being attacked in his house of white just released its trailer and poster.

Olympus Has Fallen:

Looks alright. But a Brit as the main American hero? I mean I don't really care.. but I mean.. that's like an Australian James Bond. Oh wait..

SFX look a bit dodgy but other than that, I'm interested.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Olympus Has Fallen:

SFX look a bit dodgy but other than that, I'm interested.

Yea.. and Butler's weird voice. I was used to it by the end of the trailer, but his first line threw me off.
    it feels like a die hard in the white house movie which looks cool to me
    Risico007 wrote:
    it feels like a die hard in the white house movie which looks cool to me

Now THAT is what should have happened.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's what it's been billed as: Die Hard in the White House.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That CGI is incredibly lousy. I know Fuqua is working on a smaller budget than Emmerich is with 'White House Down,' but wow.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    That's what it's been billed as: Die Hard in the White House.

Isn't it the would be sequel to Airforce One. It was meant for Harrison Ford but he decided to ruin my childhood memories by making the Crystal Scrotum.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    How good of a title would "Die Hard, Mr. President" have been?

Amirite? Uh..? Uh?

They could have even brougt back the reporter guy from DH 1 & 2 as part of the emergency press conferences, etc.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Eva Green has a role in Sin City: A Dime To Kill For.

Can this film work, eight years after the last one?
    Samuel001 wrote:

OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

She is the perfect femme fatale for modern times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 816
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    How good of a title would "Die Hard, Mr. President" have been?

How about 'Too Old To Die Hard' for DH6, based on 'Too Old To Die Young' (the song from Django Unchained)

Samuel001 wrote:

Can this film work, eight years after the last one?

Just checked the castlist on IMDB (which doesn't include Green yet :( ). Why is Clive Owen replaced by Josh Brolin? It's not like Owen has a big career right now, why doesn't he just return. Don't get me wrong, I like Brolin, but Owen was just perfect as Dwight.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

She is the perfect femme fatale for modern times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And she a great pair of tits.....

What, that's what you wanted to say really.

• Samuel001 wrote:

OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

And she has a great pair of tits.....

edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Samuel001 wrote:

OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

No, I'm not an immature pig. :@)

Which reminds me, I filled your trough with oats. Eat up. >:P
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    And she a great pair of tits

Pretty good arse and face too.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I think Olympus Has Fallen looks better than the other one. I prefer the cast for one thing.
    Again, agreement here. Stop reading my mind, hey!
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Mad Max 4 probably won't be out until 2014 now. The IMBD page has changed and filming finished almost 2 months ago and we've still got pretty much nothing since the announcement.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

You know I'm a Muslim and you used this! Religious bigotry, how more lw can you go?
    Samuel001 wrote:

OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

You know I'm a Muslim and you used this! Religious bigotry, how more lw can you go?

Do you need more oats to shove in your mouth, or can we get back on topic? We can? FANTASTIC.