Action Movies Thread

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    http://www.inquisitr.com/503821/fast-and-furious-6-gets-an-official-synopsis/

Considering it started as a pretty poor Point Break rip off (except with street racing) this series has done really well for itself. The 5th one especially was fantastic and they do use tons of great cars.
  • FANTASTIC.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FANTASTIC.

I thought I had started a trend. DAMN YOU ECCLESTON!
  • The Raid 2 has started production. Thanks @doubleoego for the pics.

http://collider.com/the-raid-2-sequel-images/
    http://www.impactonline.co/news/1140-jackie-chan-close-shave-police-story-2013

It was a different character in the fourth one too so this isn't really new for the series.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I know Chan can't go all out like he did back in the 80's and 90's, but so far, I've heard his drama-heavy films aren't that great.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Jurassic Park 4 to be directed by Colin Trevorrow of 'Safety Not Guaranteed' fame:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101601
    Has anyone seen 'Safety Not Guaranteed'? I just finished reading the article and have been meaning to see that movie.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Has anyone seen 'Safety Not Guaranteed'? I just finished reading the article and have been meaning to see that movie.

I haven't, hence why I left my opinion out :P
    @JWESTBROOK, fair enough ;). I might get around to seeing it soon. Seemed pretty interesting.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So they are going ahead with JP4? *nods with approval* I wonder if we'll see familiar sights from the original film, albeit ravaged by the climate and time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @JWESTBROOK, fair enough ;). I might get around to seeing it soon. Seemed pretty interesting.
    Does anyone know what it is about?
    From what I got from the trailer, Brady, it's about three journalists (or a profession to that effect) who go in search of a man who posted a classified ad in the newspaper about seeking someone for joining him in time travel.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Best of luck to Colin Trevorrow. Hopefully he can help make Jurassic Park 4 a good film. Meanwhile, who's seeing the original in 3D next month?
    I was hoping Joe Johnston would get another crack as JP3 was entertaining but I feel like it could have been a lot more. But I look forward to what this Colin Trevorrow can deliver
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Best of luck to Colin Trevorrow. Hopefully he can help make Jurassic Park 4 a good film. Meanwhile, who's seeing the original in 3D next month?

Me hopefully!
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    I saw it, thought it was fantastic. Also have a new found celebrity crush on Aubrey Plaza.
    As i was going around the memorabilia show in Birmingham today, i saw a huge promotional standee for Jurassic Park 3D! Did not realise it was almost 20 years! Where the hell does the time go?!!! :O
    New image from 'Pacific Rim' puts size of the monsters into perspective:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101641

Looks amazing!
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 1,310
    WELCOME....to:
    1173670_607607699284117_102758599_n.jpg
    It's official, folks. The fourth JP film is titled 'Jurassic World' and will be released June 12th, 2015.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/jurassic-park-4-officially-titled-jurassic-world-sets-june-2015-release-date
    SJK91 wrote:
    WELCOME....to:
    1173670_607607699284117_102758599_n.jpg
    It's official, folks. The fourth JP film is titled 'Jurassic World' and will be released June 12th, 2015.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/jurassic-park-4-officially-titled-jurassic-world-sets-june-2015-release-date

And the Award for the laziest Sequel title Goes to ......
    @Risico007, you may want to award that honor to the new 'Transformers' film.
    I am just dreading the idea "World's Finest" may be the title of the new Batman/Superman movie sure Batman Vs Superman is bland but World's Finest sounds so cheesy...

Still both titles suck and the fact someone probably got paid 20 million to make that title sigh
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't give a crap what it's called. As long as the movie is good that's all i care about. The fist movie is brilliant, the second is entertaining enough, saved by the best character if the series in Dr. Ian Malcolm and the 3rd was meh. I really want this 4th to bring back the wonder and fear of the original.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I have faith this will be good. The title is not bad either. Another film for 2015 too.
    Do we have any cast confirmations yet for this? Would love to see Neil and Goldblum back? Or should we look at a set of fresh characters?
    the only good thing about the third movie was William H Macy saved the day... yeah took me by surprise too.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    :D interesting blue logo, possibly hinting at marine and aquatic prehistoric animals........i read an interesting plot rumor
    apparently the new film takes place on isla nublar ( the original JP island) and Jurassic park is now a fully functioning and profitable theme park attracting millions of visitors a year. naturally things go tits up , this time when a new Dino breaks out and starts terrorizing the park. To survive apparently the humans use tame Velociraptors and t rex to kill the crazed new dinos :S. im not sure i like this idea of tame dinosaurs at all
    take this with a pinch of salt thou as director colin trevorrow recently shot down rumors of a muzzled T rex. :)
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 1,310
    DCisared wrote:
    :D interesting blue logo, possibly hinting at marine and aquatic prehistoric animals........i read an interesting plot rumor
    apparently the new film takes place on isla nublar ( the original JP island) and Jurassic park is now a fully functioning and profitable theme park attracting millions of visitors a year. naturally things go tits up , this time when a new Dino breaks out and starts terrorizing the park. To survive apparently the humans use tame Velociraptors and t rex to kill the crazed new dinos :S. im not sure i like this idea of tame dinosaurs at all
    take this with a pinch of salt thou as director colin trevorrow recently shot down rumors of a muzzled T rex. :)
    I will certainly take this with a pinch of salt. And I will certainly hope it is not true either!
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 7,653
    I found the third movie just about right: stupid people, dino's wanting to eat people, a lot of running and screaming and at the end the people escape but the dino's remain for another day. Great monstermovie.