Action Movies Thread

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    In a way, I hope this doen't work out to teach those involved a lesson.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    In a way, I hope this doen't work out to teach those involved a lesson.

You and I both.
    The trailer for Tom Cruise's Oblivion is here, and it looks pretty good!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97832
    I really like the look of it. Far better than Jack Reacher.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    It looks like whoever made the poster for Oblivion took notes from the Star Trek playbook.

Creasy47 wrote:
    Dear Lord, the f*cking film's not even out yet and they're already working on a sequel? It better be good.

Planning ahead like this just seems like the norm anymore. In reality, it makes me lose interest in a film - the cocky attitude and willingness to go ahead and pen a sequel when the film is months and months away from release, and they've no idea how popular it will be or how well it will perform at the box office.
    Exactly, and my problem with a lot of film series at the present. There are simply too many thing unaccounted for: cast changes, budget changes, script rewrites, etc. Lessons to indeed need to be learned.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, they just consume the hype and get too ahead of themselves. Then, before the first film is even released - and early reviews seem bland - they already are working on a script for the eleventh film. What gives?
    Anything with Mark Strong has me sold.

Trailer for crime thriller Welcome To The Punch:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97959
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 5,767
    Jackie Chan has finally made a Jackie Chan film again. At least the trailer looks like it:

The new Lone Ranger trailer looks a lot better than the last one, some of Depp´s one-liners are quite funny. "Something very wrong with that horse."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    boldfinger wrote:

Take my money.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I reckon the 2nd Armour Of Gods film is one of the best he's ever done so I'm really glad he's revived this series. I'd like another Police Story before he retires too.

He hasn't made a proper Hong Kong action film since New Police Story (and that wasn't brilliant) so hopefully this will be a good one.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I've already bought 30 consecutive tickets for the month this is released:

Oh, and a poster:
    poster-2-rim.jpg
    That's it? After all the hype and articles I saw about it? I've got nothing against Del Toro but aside from one great looking film, why does he get all this praise and hype?
    Looks epic. Even more epic than the last epic. And that's pretty damn epic.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Pacific Rim looks awful. Just another Transformers/Battleship type movie. Oh joy. 8-|
    Wow. Under impressed. I just kept looking for Godzilla even though I knew he's never going to show up in this film.
    The second one will be much better.
  • After watching the pacific rim trailer it seems all to familiar. Though with del torro involved i will give it a go, can't be worse than battleships.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Pacific Rim seems like it'll be like the first Transformers film, Battleship or playing a Call Of Duty game.

Dumb fun with lots of explosions and some nice special effects but not much beyond that.
  • WTF ? What is GLaDOS' voice doing in this film ? :O
    Die-Hard-5_510x756.jpg
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    How many people wish Joseph Gordon Levitt was McClane's son with his Looper makeup on?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Die-Hard-5_510x756.jpg

Why are modern posters so unequivocally awful? Are you sure this isnt a fan poster?

I think it's the EW watermark that gives it away.
    Bit underwhelming for me, i am sure the movie will be better from what we have seen to date?
    Good God...I'm sure the film will be better.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Good God...I'm sure the film will be better.

=)) Fingers crossed! ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I've already bought 30 consecutive tickets for the month this is released:

Oh, and a poster:
    poster-2-rim.jpg

I trust youre being sarcastic here?
    This looks beyond awful and the Tom Cruise one doesnt look much better. Possibly the reason SF is doing so well - people want blockbusters but are sick of CGI garbage like these, Transformers and Battleship being churned out. One day soon one of these films is going to make a monumental loss to give the studios pause for thought. That said there a lot of morons out there who lap this crap up.
    So I'm a moron now. I'll try and keep that in mind next time I try to enjoy something.

Flagged.
    I like the way McClane junior looks around the corner.
  • Eh, the Die Hard poster looks ok. Bit of a let down after the trailer though.

Pacific Rim just looks like another dumb Transformers/Battleship type film that (like the two films I mentioned) will probably take itself too seriously for what it is.