007 Legends Announced

Comments

Little help...

Dropped some serious hints tonight to the missus about how much I wished I had a PS3 and all about this new game coming out, Bond, have to have etc. Where might I pick up a decent priced 2nd hand PS3 and how much is this game going to be? (euros)

Thanks guys.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ebay is your friend.
  • OddJaws wrote:
    Little help...

Dropped some serious hints tonight to the missus about how much I wished I had a PS3 and all about this new game coming out, Bond, have to have etc. Where might I pick up a decent priced 2nd hand PS3 and how much is this game going to be? (euros)

Thanks guys.

You'd probably get the PS3 cheapest online. Not sure how much in euros but most games are £35 to £50 pounds. I doubt this will cost 50 quid though, it'll be one of the cheaper games out this year.
  • TPM007 wrote:
    SPECTRE wrote:
    @TPM007 and @X3MSonicX

EON the best Bond experience? Well we definitely have different tastes. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all the EA titles and my favorite Bond game of all time remains TWINE (N64) followed by Nightfire (GC), and both Goldeneyes (basically all of the Rare and Eurocom games). I just don't believe that you can say that EA was so much better than Activision when their games were so hit or miss (even looking at the same game on different consoles, e.g. TWINE). While a 3rd-person Bond was a nice change, I don't feel that those games were done as well as they could have been.

For one, I'm a stickler for accurate weapons in Bond games and EON sorely lacked in this regard. Besides the fact that there were only a handful of weapons, the ammo capacities and sounds were unrealistic (only 10 rounds for the P99, and 20 for the AK). On top of that some of the missions seemed over the top (even for a James Bond game). However, I still enjoyed EON. I however, did not enjoy FRWL, which is my least favorite Bond game easily, and in my opinion this arcadey "re-imagining" of the film was insulting. TND is okay but forgettable, especially since it came in between two great games.

AUF is easily my least favorite FPS of the series, with the same aracadey feel as FRWL, a totally implausible plot (again even for a Bond game and even compared to Nightfire's "space" story), and inaccurately modeled weapons (the P2K doesn't look or sound anything like a P99). Nightfire (even the radically different PC version) made AUF totally irrelevant.

While I said that I enjoyed Rogue Agent, I didn't say it was an great Bond game. I enjoyed it for what it was--a unique and interesting take on the FPS genre set in an alternate Bond universe. I didn't pretend that it was an actual successor to Goldeneye, regardless of what EA's intentions were.

I like COD, but wouldn't consider myself a "fan," definitely not more so than a Bond fan anyway (especially since I've been playing JB games for far longer). There are a lot of FPS and TPS games that I enjoy. (btw sorry for the essay :-P )

Well you're certainly right about different tastes, because I couldn't disagree with you any more. Activision to me are the same as EA - very lazy, and I know the phrase 'never judge a book by it's cover' but their recent covers show their laziness, as well as the gameplay of all the games they have released. I do believe we may get a good Activision title, but not in the direction they've started to take, in terms of FPS. And you're very harsh to put EON down due to inaccurate weapons - you're getting confused with a war game. All I care about is fun and EON made it fun by it's diversity, its production value and great gameplay. I used to love FPS like AUF and Nightfire, but since COD, all other FPS have gone down the whole 'realism is fun' route, which I disagree with.

But I'm sure there's one thing we do agree with - Games are like music. You may like a particular musical genre that I despise, and the same goes with Bond games. We're obviously very different people who look for very different things in our games
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Better that Activision's, though. :D

No offence but I'd take Activision's I'm afraid... But not much difference!

EA Games have made some great bond games though. Everything or nothing was amazing, from russia with love was good, and they had some great ps1 games back in the day.
    OddJaws wrote:
    Little help...

Thanks guys.

Just so you know though, Sony are bringing a newly designed PS3 out next month

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/19/tgs-new-playstation-3-model-is-official

If you're gonna get one, new or second hand, I'd wait 'till then!
  • another cover art attempt. 21680916.png
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 816
    Nice tagline, @Gareth! Like the design as well, pretty nice

EDIT: Maybe the next design competition on MI6 shouldn't be a book, but a new 007Legends cover. We have enough entries already :D
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    This is mine:

BondLegendsCover_zpsa7eac04e.png
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Nice tagline, @Gareth! Like the design as well, pretty nice

EDIT: Maybe the next design competition on MI6 shouldn't be a book, but a new 007Legends cover. We have enough entries already :D
    Thanks, It only took 5 mins. I could do a great one if i had enough time
  • @X3MSonicX

Berenice lips seem to be in the right place :D....
    Anyway, nice design, but it feels a bit more like a SkyFall cover than a 007 Legends one
    Its funny how we have all ended up making some covers. Its fun, but its all because activiosn made a crappy cover for 007 legends. I think we should work for them to show them a thing or two.
    @X3MSonicX

Anyway, nice design, but it feels a bit more like a SkyFall cover than a 007 Legends one

lol, its a blow job, instead of an odd job..... LMAO
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    @X3MSonicX

HAHAHAHA I didn't even see that! XD

Thanks :D yep, it's meant to be a kind of a double cover - "Play Legends and watch Skyfall" ;)
    @X3MSonicX

lol, its a blow job, instead of an odd job..... sorry, couldt resist.

Hahah.. icwhatudid.png
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    @X3MSonicX

Thanks :D yep, it's meant to be a kind of a double cover - "Play Legends and watch Skyfall" ;)
    Subliminal messages. I like it! To be honest I feel left out. I'll have to make one.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    @X3MSonicX

Subliminal messages. I like it! To be honest I feel left out. I'll have to make one.

:D Thanks. And good luck! :-bd
  • You know, I'm almost glad Activision came up with such a crappy cover.
    It made us all come together and get creative, make some awesome art, and have some fun with it.

Don't worry: it will dissapear once I walk into my local entertainment store and see this crappy cover instead of the awesome ones that where created here!
    You know, I'm almost glad Activision came up with such a crappy cover.
    It made us all come together and get creative, make some awesome art, and have some fun with it.

Don't worry: it will dissapear once I walk into my local entertainment store and see this crappy cover instead of the awesome ones that where created here!

We could edit the cover and make our own ones to paste over the official one :P
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 183

Absolutely! Rather than arguing, we can all agree on something! All of this art deserves a separate thread!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    What do you guys think of my Moonraker level fan art?
    moonraker007legends.jpg
    I love that they've made all the characters (except Jinx) look accurate to their film counterparts, but they can't get Craig's hair right.
    Volante wrote:
    I love that they've made all the characters (except Jinx) look accurate to their film counterparts, but they can't get Craig's hair right.

at least if it was a woman or a man with black-power hair we could understand... but Craig's hair... it's unacceptable! lol.
  • TPM007 wrote:

Absolutely! Rather than arguing, we can all agree on something! All of this art deserves a separate thread!

Not sure if the mods would agree with you @TPM007

TPM007 wrote:

We have a 007 Legends fanart thread guys.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3548/007-legends-fan-arts#Item_22
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 183
    TPM007 wrote:

Hence why I ain't starting it...

EDIT:
    Murdock wrote:

On the other hand...

edited September 2012 Posts: 16,331
    "That's why I eat da peppers!"
    -Felix Leiter. circa 2008-
  • oo7oo7
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3323/bond-modding#Item_3 might I suggest modding as well. graphic designs of game covers still counts as augmenting or redesigning what they give us
    383491_435668056470796_429691306_n.jpg
    dragonsky wrote:

Sos it's coming out for 360 Wii Ps3 and Ps2 wow ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:

Sos it's coming out for 360 Wii Ps3 and Ps2 wow ;)

PS2?! Now you are pulling legs.