007 Legends Announced

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    scaled.php?server=534&filename=34493149.png&res=landing

Too much open space. Just saying...
  • Too much open space.  Just saying...

Yes, i do agree, it was something i did when i was bored lol
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    TPM007 wrote:
    adjusted a few details on the face and gun (probably for licencing issues). Look closer and its really obvious, and really shoddy work. I mean - just look at the gun's handle on the base, it doesn't even match!

I can't understand why they'd need to do that, either. 1) It's Craig in the game, those are pics of Craig. 2) The P99 is Bond's side arm in the game, those pics have the P99. I'm still trying to figure out why Bond is holding the PPK on the GE:Reloaded cover when that weapon isn't even in the game.
  • TPM007 wrote:
    adjusted a few details on the face and gun (probably for licencing issues). Look closer and its really obvious, and really shoddy work. I mean - just look at the gun's handle on the base, it doesn't even match!

I can't understand why they'd need to do that, either. 1) It's Craig in the game, those are pics of Craig. 2) The P99 is Bond's side arm in the game, those pics have the P99. I'm still trying to figure out why Bond is holding the PPK on the GE:Reloaded cover when that weapon isn't even in the game.

Same goes for the Vanquish on the new cover. I like the concept: A picture of Bond, and then 'mission files' on the side, but the execution is horrible: bad picture of Craig made to look like a character, picture of a car that isn't even in the game, picture of Sean's pj's (which also aren't in the game), and then there is the stretched PPK he holds in his hands (while the p99 is in the game!)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 51
    @haserot
    While the only thing I like about the Legends cover is the logo (they should have at least used an actual photo of Craig as Bond), the other Activision covers aren't that horrible, including the Wii cover you forgot (my favorite):

Goldeneye-Remake-Box-Art.jpg

The only one that I don't really like is the QOS cover, and only because the movie poster sucks as well. It's actually pretty commonplace to use movie posters for tie-in games (See: TND, TWINE).

@TPM007 and @X3MSonicX

EON the best Bond experience? Well we definitely have different tastes. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all the EA titles and my favorite Bond game of all time remains TWINE (N64) followed by Nightfire (GC), and both Goldeneyes (basically all of the Rare and Eurocom games). I just don't believe that you can say that EA was so much better than Activision when their games were so hit or miss (even looking at the same game on different consoles, e.g. TWINE). While a 3rd-person Bond was a nice change, I don't feel that those games were done as well as they could have been.

For one, I'm a stickler for accurate weapons in Bond games and EON sorely lacked in this regard. Besides the fact that there were only a handful of weapons, the ammo capacities and sounds were unrealistic (only 10 rounds for the P99, and 20 for the AK). On top of that some of the missions seemed over the top (even for a James Bond game). However, I still enjoyed EON. I however, did not enjoy FRWL, which is my least favorite Bond game easily, and in my opinion this arcadey "re-imagining" of the film was insulting. TND is okay but forgettable, especially since it came in between two great games.

AUF is easily my least favorite FPS of the series, with the same aracadey feel as FRWL, a totally implausible plot (again even for a Bond game and even compared to Nightfire's "space" story), and inaccurately modeled weapons (the P2K doesn't look or sound anything like a P99). Nightfire (even the radically different PC version) made AUF totally irrelevant.

While I said that I enjoyed Rogue Agent, I didn't say it was an great Bond game. I enjoyed it for what it was--a unique and interesting take on the FPS genre set in an alternate Bond universe. I didn't pretend that it was an actual successor to Goldeneye, regardless of what EA's intentions were.

I like COD, but wouldn't consider myself a "fan," definitely not more so than a Bond fan anyway (especially since I've been playing JB games for far longer). There are a lot of FPS and TPS games that I enjoy. (btw sorry for the essay :-P )
  • Here's how I would rank the Bond games:

1. The World is Not Enough (N64)
    2. 007 Nightfire (Gamecube)
    3. (tie) Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    3. (tie) Goldeneye/RE 007 (Wii & X360)
    5. James Bond 007 Quantum of Solace (Wii & X360)
    6. Goldeneye Rogue Agent (Gamecube)
    7. Everything or Nothing (Gamecube)
    8. 007 Nightfire (PC)
    9. 007 Blood Stone (X360)
    10. Agent Under Fire (Gamecube)
    11. From Russia With Love (Gamecube)
    12. 007 Racing (PC Emulator)

Granted, I haven't played many of these in years, but I plan on doing a quick run through each of them before Legends is released.
  • To stay with the trend I designed a 007 Legends cover:

007legends2_zps402ef247.jpg?t=1348250754

What do you think?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    NOW we're talking.
  • @BondWillReturn That's my favourite one so far. I love the bit about Activision :))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    To stay with the trend I designed a 007 Legends cover:

What do you think?

Spoiler tagged for language, because censoring myself here would have been an injustice.
    Fucking awesome.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 816
    Thanks guys, I really appriciate it! @thelivingroyale , yeah, I was doubting if I'd put it in (fully uncensored :) ) but I thought the joke would be appriciated here :D
  • To stay with the trend I designed a 007 Legends cover:

What do you think?

Spoiler tagged for language, because censoring myself here would have been an injustice.
    Fucking awesome.

looks great, how did oyu make the gun barrel effect. pritty cool

• looks great, how did oyu make the gun barrel effect. pritty cool

Well, I have to admit I didn't. I found the gunbarrel design on Google (I think somebody else around here used it as well not too long ago). I did modify it: Flip it, edited some of the rays to be gold(ish), and added the GF picture

• edited September 2012 Posts: 198
    I like everything about it...except for craig having two hands on one arm... :)) :)) :))
  • I made another lol, 50035158.png
    To stay with the trend I designed a 007 Legends cover:

What do you think?
    If you can make something as good as this they can too..
  • dragonsky wrote:

Thanks for the compliment, and my thought exactly: I made this in about an hour, having only a little bit of an idea about what I wanted to do with it.... so Activision should be able to deliver a far better looking one :)

And @Gareth, stop stealing my jokes mate :D

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Nice work both of you, @BondWillReturn and @Gareth00789. :)
  • 007legendscoverA_zpsf1c91d6d.jpg

My poor attempt, but then again its still better then activisions!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    007legendscoverA_zpsf1c91d6d.jpg

Not saying the others are worse, but this... This is the best and the most professional till now! :D

Simple yet so good looking.
    How users that don't work with this stuff professionally are doing much better than Activision ?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 816
    @Whiterose, Very, very nice! Not a poor attempt at all
    ZHalfter wrote:
    I like everything about it...except for craig having two hands on one arm... :)) :)) :))
    Not really sure what you're talking about, ZH, as that's just the way the picture is :) It's just a big hand

edited September 2012 Posts: 2,635
    dragonsky wrote:

Simple yet so good looking.
    How users that don't work with this stuff professionally are doing much better than Activision ?

Because... That's the way the world works! So much professional jobs around there ain't recognized, when a Fan, or unnoficial, or even having Less money Into it, that are even better than the real ones which ones looks amateur like.

I'll try and make my version now. ;P
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    Nice work both of you, @BondWillReturn and @Gareth00789. :)

thanks.
  • My crappy attempt:
    xboxcovertemplate.jpg
    Better that Activision's, though. :D
  • dragonsky wrote:

Thanks for the compliment, and my thought exactly: I made this in about an hour, having only a little bit of an idea about what I wanted to do with it.... so Activision should be able to deliver a far better looking one :)

Haa, sorry. Hope you didnt mind. It wasnt an exact copy. i didnt ad the F word lol
  • dragonsky wrote:

Haa, sorry. Hope you didnt mind. It wasnt an exact copy. i didnt ad the F word lol

Haha, no just messing with ya :D All fine, the more cynical humor directed at the big A the better :)

• edited September 2012 Posts: 183
    SPECTRE wrote:
    @TPM007 and @X3MSonicX

EON the best Bond experience? Well we definitely have different tastes. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all the EA titles and my favorite Bond game of all time remains TWINE (N64) followed by Nightfire (GC), and both Goldeneyes (basically all of the Rare and Eurocom games). I just don't believe that you can say that EA was so much better than Activision when their games were so hit or miss (even looking at the same game on different consoles, e.g. TWINE). While a 3rd-person Bond was a nice change, I don't feel that those games were done as well as they could have been.

For one, I'm a stickler for accurate weapons in Bond games and EON sorely lacked in this regard. Besides the fact that there were only a handful of weapons, the ammo capacities and sounds were unrealistic (only 10 rounds for the P99, and 20 for the AK). On top of that some of the missions seemed over the top (even for a James Bond game). However, I still enjoyed EON. I however, did not enjoy FRWL, which is my least favorite Bond game easily, and in my opinion this arcadey "re-imagining" of the film was insulting. TND is okay but forgettable, especially since it came in between two great games.

AUF is easily my least favorite FPS of the series, with the same aracadey feel as FRWL, a totally implausible plot (again even for a Bond game and even compared to Nightfire's "space" story), and inaccurately modeled weapons (the P2K doesn't look or sound anything like a P99). Nightfire (even the radically different PC version) made AUF totally irrelevant.

While I said that I enjoyed Rogue Agent, I didn't say it was an great Bond game. I enjoyed it for what it was--a unique and interesting take on the FPS genre set in an alternate Bond universe. I didn't pretend that it was an actual successor to Goldeneye, regardless of what EA's intentions were.

I like COD, but wouldn't consider myself a "fan," definitely not more so than a Bond fan anyway (especially since I've been playing JB games for far longer). There are a lot of FPS and TPS games that I enjoy. (btw sorry for the essay :-P )

Well you're certainly right about different tastes, because I couldn't disagree with you any more. Activision to me are the same as EA - very lazy, and I know the phrase 'never judge a book by it's cover' but their recent covers show their laziness, as well as the gameplay of all the games they have released. I do believe we may get a good Activision title, but not in the direction they've started to take, in terms of FPS. And you're very harsh to put EON down due to inaccurate weapons - you're getting confused with a war game. All I care about is fun and EON made it fun by it's diversity, its production value and great gameplay. I used to love FPS like AUF and Nightfire, but since COD, all other FPS have gone down the whole 'realism is fun' route, which I disagree with.

But I'm sure there's one thing we do agree with - Games are like music. You may like a particular musical genre that I despise, and the same goes with Bond games. We're obviously very different people who look for very different things in our games
    TheBondFan wrote:

No offence but I'd take Activision's I'm afraid... But not much difference!

• TheBondFan wrote:
    My crappy attempt:
    xboxcovertemplate.jpg

lol, i would still prefer that cover to the real one , LMAO