The Girls' Room

Comments

• edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I love how this is the girls room and half the comments so far have come from guys :))

Anyway, I think it's a good idea.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 816
    I love how this is the girls room and half the comments so far have come from guys :))

Yeah, I do wonder how people would respond if I said 'Yeah, last night I went into the girls room and had a little chat about James Bond' :D

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

Because up until now only four of us showed up! I wish some of the old members would come back to life :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:

Because up until now only four of us showed up! I wish some of the old members would come back to life :)

They have all had the kiss of death...from Mister Goooooldfinger... ;)
    I wonder what happened to them! Does anybody have the chance of calling them back?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    I wonder what happened to them! Does anybody have the chance of calling them back?

That'd be quite unconventional and rude. They do have their own lives.
    Sandy wrote:

That's not really what I meant.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

I know what you mean. Ah well, I really didn't think so many guys would be posting here, happy to share their masculine wit (or not).

I am in a different time zone than most so probably posting at different times.
    I used to check in to MI6 just to look around, read the news and articles, for about 6 years or more before finally joining this forum last fall. Anyway, I hope more females post here soon. We could have a decent thread going ... let's see over the next few weeks.

Cheers from the land of the rising sun!
  • Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

I know what you mean. Ah well, I really didn't think so many guys would be posting here, happy to share their masculine wit (or not).

I used to check in to MI6 just to look around, read the news and articles, for about 6 years or more before finally joining this forum last fall. Anyway, I hope more females post here soon. We could have a decent thread going ... let's see over the next few weeks.

Lucky you. On my bucket list to visit. I'd love to climb Mt. Kirishima and see Blofeld's crater in real life.
    I haven't done that yet, but should! My view though is of the lovely Seto Inland Sea, which makes me happy. That and all the fresh sushi I can eat. :)
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

It's also on my list, in fact very high! I'm constantly postponing participating on the Tanteidan convention but one day I'll go ^.^
    Sandy, I don't know that - what is the Tanteidan convention?
    And to everyone - I highly recommend visiting Japan!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    "you must be joking... Double-O seven in a topic populated exclusively by women... We won't see him till dawn."
    Germanlady wrote:
    BTW - Mike - maybe try to change your attitude towards females. Not seeing them as some sort of low budget brains might help. ;)

Ahahaha low budget brains? What made you feel I see girls as low budget anything? I'm sure you can find low budget guys too and I'm glad you don't see me as one. :)
    Sandy, I don't know that - what is the Tanteidan convention?
    And to everyone - I highly recommend visiting Japan!

Nothing Bond-related @4EverBonded, not even work-related. Just a hobby http://q-syu.squares.net/blog.cgi/permalink/20120528000000!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Just got up and pleased to see this thread going on - never mind, who makes it tick. Guys are very welcome and with just 4 of us, they need not fear :D

Anyway - I think, we are not unknown anymore or our opinions, but I have no problem of being more precise:

Living in Germany near Düsseldorf
    Mother of 2
    At the moment hotel receptionist, but for many years self employed as a masseuse.
    Seen all Bond films
    Like Connery, Moore and DC (him the most, as might be well known by now)
    Haven't read any novels yet
    Been to the premier of QOS - got my signature from DC and a part of the Red Carpet ;)
    Been to see A Steady Rain and got my siggie and pic with him - being the wholehearted fangirl I am. :\">
    Moore is my favourite Bond with DC being my fav Bond actor.
    Least liked is Dalton
    Disappointed in Forsters way of cutting AND shooting QOS. He should be hanged on his ears (they stick out more then DC's)

I don't mean this introduction thing (I never went to the propper thread for it) to be a necessity for the girls to come here, but it does help to form a propper bunch - being as small as it is in here - so far!!!
    Looking forward to meet more of you gals..
    ^
    It would be cool to see the picture with you and Dan.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,601
    ^
    It would be cool to see the picture with you and Dan.

LOL - problm is, I took the camera from a friend at that moment, because mine didn't produce the still, he always looks at to see, if it is ok. So now this camera wasn't on. We took the pic, he looked and nothing. Can you imagine my embarassement "I am so sorry" :)) We took another and he didn't check again, so its half Dan and full me, grinning like an idiot. But in a way, it was good, so I could hold on to him one more time and he was nice about it. But I will find it and post later.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 4,012
    Germanlady wrote:
    Just got up and pleased to see this thread going on - never mind, who makes it tick. Guys are very welcome and with just 4 of us, they need not fear :D

Anyway - I think, we are not unknown anymore or our opinions, but I have no problem of being more precise:

Living in Germany near Düsseldorf
    Mother of 2
    At the moment hotel receptionist, but for many years self employed as a masseuse.
    Seen all Bond films
    Like Connery, Moore and DC (him the most, as might be well known by now)
    Haven't read any novels yet
    Been to the premier of QOS - got my signature from DC and a part of the Red Carpet ;)
    Been to see A Steady Rain and got my siggie and pic with him - being the wholehearted fangirl I am. :\">
    Moore is my favourite Bond with DC being my fav Bond actor.
    Least liked is Dalton
    Disappointed in Forsters way of cutting AND shooting QOS. He should be hanged on his ears (they stick out more then DC's)

I don't mean this introduction thing (I never went to the propper thread for it) to be a necessity for the girls to come here, but it does help to form a propper bunch - being as small as it is in here - so far!!!
    Looking forward to meet more of you gals..

I think it's nice to have a presentation in here too, good idea @Germanlady!

Portuguese, italian name (don't ask, won't tell), people hear me talking and just assume I'm brit, currently living in Germany in the same state as @Germanlady. Confused already?
    Post-doc researcher in a world-renowned research center :)
    Raised watching Bond-films. I have no idea how many Fleming or non-Fleming Bond books I read because most of them were a really long time ago! Re-started reading the Fleming ones recently to figure myself out (that's why I never posted on the how many books thread).
    Connery-fan all my life but hold a soft spot on my heart for Moore. My father resembled Roger Moore when he was yound and according to my grandmother Daniel Craig looks just like her father but without a moustache! As a teenager I was a bit of a Brosnan-fangirl but hopefully that ended along with acne!
    Hated when Craig was cast as Bond but that started changing when I saw the first set pictures and by the time I watched the first teaser I became a believer!
    My oldest childhood memory is the title sequence for TSWLM, Octopussy is probably the film I watched the most times and I prefer QoS to CR :\">
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Even when KTBEU was in it's pomp we neve really had more than 5 or 6 gals (erm...Du$ty, Fae, Lalala, Kitty, DogBond spring to mind) who were major contributers, so we are now in the midst of building a new collection of Bond Girls for our Community. ;)
    @GermanLady wow! At least you gotta see him in person. I''m a big fan of DC ad really want actually meet the guy! Do post the pic. Thanks.
    I am sure, the first one, that never was, was great. This one has a bad angle, silly me and only half of him. Here it is anyway...

DanielandMe.jpg
    Germanlady wrote:
    I am sure, the first one, that never was, was great. This one has a bad angle, silly me and only half of him. Here it is anyway...

DanielandMe.jpg

Wow! Much respect there GL! Very jealous! :((
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Great photo GL. This was from A STEADY RAIN in NYC?

xxx
    Great photo GL. This was from A STEADY RAIN in NYC?

xxx

Yup..
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Waking up now and checking our thread and yay, it's still alive.
    Thanks for the pic, GL. (Gee, it is easier to just say GL isn't it?)
    I guess you can shorten mine to 4Ever or maybe just 4E. ;)
    I'm a really private person, but I am comfortable giving out a bit more info on me:
    I'm American. Probably the oldest, and certainly one of the oldest, on this forum (sigh ...). No I never made it to Woodstock (younger folks tend to ask me that); I was a tad too young at that time.
    Been a Bond fan since about age 13. HUGE Bond fan. Oh yeah.
    First film in theatre: Diamonds are Forever (I so wanted to jump into the movie and live it; I thought it was the most exciting and fun thing I had ever seen)
    Then immediately read all of the Fleming books (I love to read, can't get enough of it ...)
    I do highly recommmend reading them. I am now going to start re-reading them after a gap of many, many years. I remember enjoying From Russia with Love a lot.. Even got some of my guy friends in high school to read some; they were surprised they liked the novels so much.
    Now in my 3rd year teaching English in Japan. Had taught here about 6 years ago also for one year. LOVE teaching here, for many reasons. I do not speak Japanese, though, ashamed to say - but great at expressions (sumi-mah-sen "excuse me" ; suh-goy "amazing, fantastic, great!" etc.) I am starting to take some lessons from a friend, because I want to be able to put a sentence together and have basic level ability at least.
    So I love Bond, James Bond. And I love movies; so of of course I am a fan of this franchise and rabidly look forward to each new film.
    I rather like all of the Bonds; I appreciate that each brought something unique to the role. My least favorite is George L. I love Sean - he so indelibly stamped Bond into our culture and he is a very fine Bond indeed. I also love Roger as Bond a lot, especially TSWLM, FYEO and Octopussy. I enjoyed Timothy's Bond but did not like the second one so much. And I do still like Pierce's Bond very much. I did not care for a lot of TWINE or DAD, but not because of him. I think GE and TND are really good Bond movies.
    And then came Daniel. Hmm. When I heard they cast him, I remember complaining to my best friend, "Ohmygod he does not look like Bond. What are they thinking?!" (self professed Bond afficionado that I am, plus since I read the books as a teen my Bond had very dark hair and blue eyes) ... but I did not know a lot of his work. OK I only knew him from the Tomb Raider flick at that time - but then I calmed down and realized well, I liked him in that silly Tomb Raider movie. But he doesn't look like Bond ... never mind the whining, I got over it because when I saw CR the whole movie zoomed up my list to one of my top 4 and he was truly Bond for me. First of all, the man can act. And he is sexy. And he became Bond for me. Really I think so far Daniel is tied with Sean as my favorite Bond ... but then Roger is right there, too. I do not think I am fickle so much as I appreciate each of those actors' Bonds.

The rest of me ... well, I am lucky: I live with friends and we have 4 dogs (1 is mine that I inherited when my elderly Japanese neighbor passed away 2 years ago) and I enjoy walking on my mountain very much. I have good work, friends, and peace here. I may be here another 5 years, not sure.
    My one major bummer: Skyfall will not be here in Japan until something like January 2013!!1 Arrgggghhhh!!! I wish Bond would film in Japan again; it is an amazing and beautiful country for sure.
    That's more than enough for this thread - sorry to be longwinded!
    Cheers to all.
    Another Bond set in Japan would be much appreciated. I am a big fan of YOLT, especially the Japanese locations and Bond's Japanese allies. I was in Tokyo and Kyoto recently and it really is just an amazing country. Highly advanced with a strong sense of tradition. Very much like Bond.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    I hadn't thought of that: yes, very modern, very advanced in some ways yet steeped in tradition (thousands of years old culture). Hmm: and of course, the way of the Samurai, which Bond could relate to.
    Very interesting - an American in Japan. Thanks for telling. How long have you been there? I mean, there are foreign countries, but this one surely is real different. How do you cope? I love to travel and would do nothing else, if I could, but living seems like a brave move.
    Sean as a Japanese was hillarious - I miss that kind of light-hearted, unforced humour. And I loved the way Tanaka calls him Bond San - obvious I know but a nice touch.