Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig (poll added)

Comments

• edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    00Beast wrote:
    Luds wrote:
    Fortunately, more Craig fans though, by a fair margin ;)

Ehh....sadly so. :((

There are more Brosnan fans than the Craig fanboys like to admit. On youtube there are plenty of comments about how Brosnan WAS Bond, how he was the best Bond ever, how the new GE isn't as good without him, etc.
  • PlykshowPlykshow Kent, United Kingdom
    edited April 2012 Posts: 35
    Daniel Craig is so overrated. Pierce Brosnan, without a doubt, should have done another
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    This is not supposed to be a knock on Craig, but in a possible (but unnecessary) 2004 remake of FRWL, I could easily picture Brosnan as Bond and Craig as Grant, based on looks.

That could be the version of FRWL where Red Grant actually kills Bond.

There is no way in living hell that Brosnan could beat Craig in a fight.
    He'd end up a squidgy blob on the floor of the carriage.

Then again Grant was MEANT to be much bigger than Bond originally. If I remember correctly Bond knew he wouldn't have stood a chance against Grant in hand-to-hand combat so had to resort to dirty (and implausable) tactics.

So? One of the biggest parts of any spy tradecraft is using anything in your environments as a weapon to get a leg up. Improvisation is what keeps agents in the field alive, and Bond utilized it perfectly. And he did mighty fine in hand to hand against Grant too, I might add. The entire fight is really hand to hand combat anyway, and Bond kicks his arse. Plus, Grant was much more dirty. Getting Bond on his knees and holding him at gun point instead of facing him like a real man. And what a bloody idiot Grant is. All Bond did was level the playing field, whereupon he faced Grant hand to hand and like I said, kicked his little arse.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,492
    [

There are more Brosnan fans than the Craig fanboys like to admit. On youtube there are plenty of comments about how Brosnan WAS Bond, how he was the best Bond ever, how the new GE isn't as good without him, etc.

Youtube?

That bastion of tardery and twit? I wouldn't trust their opinion on anything. If they had a brain cell it would die of loneliness.

It will be a cold day in hell that I pay the slightest bit of attention to youtube posters.

>:P

Mod edit: Mind the language.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    Luds wrote:
    Fortunately, more Craig fans though, by a fair margin ;)

Ehh....sadly so. :((

Oh my god, that is your argument?! That a bunch of YouTubers with nothing better to do than troll and drool on their keyboards said they liked Brosnan? Good luck getting any traction with that one. HAHAHAHAHAHA =))
    actonsteve wrote:
    [

Youtube?

That bastion of fucktardery and twitfuckery? I wouldn't trust their opinion on anything. If they had a brain cell it would die of loneliness.

It will be a cold day in hell that I pay the slightest bit of attention to youtube posters.

People give youtube a bad name. The trolls stick to videos like the one about Tulisas sex tape or Battlefield vs COD, they don't really bother with Bond videos.
    Oh my god, that is your argument?! That a bunch of YouTubers with nothing better to do than troll and drool on their keyboards said they liked Brosnan? Good luck getting any traction with that one. HAHAHAHAHAHA =))

I'm not sure if you're saying this because they're youtubers or because they're Brosnan fans. Either way, it proves that people like Brosnan, and :O some people like him better than Craig *sarcastic gasp*
    actonsteve wrote:
    [

Youtube?

That bastion of fucktardery and twitfuckery? I wouldn't trust their opinion on anything. If they had a brain cell it would die of loneliness.

People give youtube a bad name. The trolls stick to videos like the one about Tulisas sex tape or Battlefield vs COD, they don't really bother with Bond videos.

I'm not sure if you're saying this because they're youtubers or because they're Brosnan fans. Either way, it proves that people like Brosnan, and :O some people like him better than Craig *sarcastic gasp*
    I'm laughing because of your choice of focus group being YouTubers. That's like asking people on Welfare their favorite novel of classic literature.
    =))
    [q

p*

Oh yes, they do. I have a couple of youtube Bond videos in my collection box and I once read the comments section. Never again. The posters howl at the moon and have hairy palms.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Why not start a Youtube trashing/defending thread then? (that could be fun for many!) You could do one on IMDb, too.
    What was the topic? Oh yeah ... for me - I like both Brosnan and Craig. A lot.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    This is not supposed to be a knock on Craig, but in a possible (but unnecessary) 2004 remake of FRWL, I could easily picture Brosnan as Bond and Craig as Grant, based on looks.

That could be the version of FRWL where Red Grant actually kills Bond.

There is no way in living hell that Brosnan could beat Craig in a fight.
    He'd end up a squidgy blob on the floor of the carriage.

Then again Grant was MEANT to be much bigger than Bond originally. If I remember correctly Bond knew he wouldn't have stood a chance against Grant in hand-to-hand combat so had to resort to dirty (and implausable) tactics.

So? One of the biggest parts of any spy tradecraft is using anything in your environments as a weapon to get a leg up. Improvisation is what keeps agents in the field alive, and Bond utilized it perfectly. And he did mighty fine in hand to hand against Grant too, I might add. The entire fight is really hand to hand combat anyway, and Bond kicks his arse. Plus, Grant was much more dirty. Getting Bond on his knees and holding him at gun point instead of facing him like a real man. And what a bloody idiot Grant is. All Bond did was level the playing field, whereupon he faced Grant hand to hand and like I said, kicked his little arse.

My point is, in the book, Bond knew he would be beaten by Grant if they were to fight hand-to-hand. The film FRWL did it in a slightly different manner. Grant wasn't quite so "mad" in the movie version. The stakes were more evenly matched.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Craig by 400 metres.

Brosnan, despite being my least favorite Bond remains popular among many fans. I just don't get it. Shytt, when I was in the Army I had pals who thought Linda Ronstadt was the best thing since sliced bread and I never saw it. Maybe that is how it is with Brosnan. I (and a handful of fans) just never got into him.
    Daniel Craig. Next question?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pierce Brosnan. I'm a huge fan of Craig, I find both CR and QoS to be entertaining and re-watchable every time I see them again, but Brosnan is just my favorite actor, and GE totally seals the deal for me. Granted, DAD wasn't my favorite (or many other's, for that matter), but still.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Pierce Brosnan. I'm a huge fan of Craig, I find both CR and QoS to be entertaining and re-watchable every time I see them again, but Brosnan is just my favorite actor, and GE totally seals the deal for me. Granted, DAD wasn't my favorite (or many other's, for that matter), but still.

Even outside Bond?
    @0Brady, that he is. Tailor of Panama, The Matador, Seraphim Falls, Married Life, a lot of his films are, to me, movies that I could just sit down and watch any time and enjoy myself.

That being said, I haven't been that crazy about his last few movies. Bag of Bones wasn't that great of a miniseries, and his random romcoms have yet to meet my eyes. Hoping he can get another nice thriller or drama under his belt soon.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0Brady, that he is. Tailor of Panama, The Matador, Seraphim Falls, Married Life, a lot of his films are, to me, movies that I could just sit down and watch any time and enjoy myself.

That being said, I haven't been that crazy about his last few movies. Bag of Bones wasn't that great of a miniseries, and his random romcoms have yet to meet my eyes. Hoping he can get another nice thriller or drama under his belt soon.
    That's dedication. Did Bag of Bones get cancelled? I remember it being on A&E, but never heard anything about how it did critically.
    Thank you. Ever since my mother brought home GE on VHS for me when I was younger, I have had a man crush on him. His films are so intriguing to me.

As for Bag of Bones, it was a two part miniseries based on Stephen King's novel, so after they released part two, it was done. I, too, never heard how it was received. It was an okay watch for me: not terrible, but not great, either.
    Tricky one really, Brosnan was the epitome of Bond sometimes or very near to it or had those vital characteristics, but also seemed distant on occasion from the Fleming character, it was a bit of a mixed bag. Craig did very well for his debut, not too bad second time around but the overall release was a mess that year, so who should I side with, I think all said Brosnan for me because he did double the releases Craig did or at least we had one and a half excellent Bond adventures whereas Craig had the only one, so the Irishman wins this round
    @Baltimore_007, although I've voted Brosnan, and am not doubting your opinion, but what do you mean by 'double the releases'? It isn't really fair to rate Brosnan as better on his releases, because Brosnan did four Bond films, and Craig will have his third released this year. It's all a matter of time.
    Well I was thinking Brosnan did the four, and Craig the two, hence double the Bond releases, it can sometimes work to judge a Bond on the more releases they did, Lazenby only did the one, we'll never know what a success he could of been etc, I evaluated all the things necessary in my opinion though and after some careful consideration went with Brosnan, Goldeneye was for the most part a success, he was very good in that, TND was abysmal, TWINE, best Brosnan yet, great Brosnan performance, DAD, he did not too bad here and there, but still an overall disappointment

Craig, first off, Royale, great film, Craig does very well, second release, QOS, lousy film, Craig is OK, but simply can't replicate his success from his debut appearance

All things considered and what I said previous, Brosnan gets the vote for me, he's simply had more Bond moments and characteristics than Craig, may not be everyone's thinking or philosophy maybe, but that's what I made my judgments on, may be a bit unorthodox maybe but I'm kind of content with it
    @Baltimore_007, I understand. I just think that Craig may manage more than four, since he is the current Bond and hasn't had as long as Brosnan to make the Bond films.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Craig's performances in both CR and QoS trounced every Bond performance Brosnan ever did. That's not to say Brosnan was terrible but Craig is simply the better and more convincing actor. Brosnan's main draw and popularity as Bond is mostly superficial. As entertaining as he was at times I don't feel he ever embraced the role and really made it his own. My impression is Brosnan ticked all the boxes as to what Bond looks like but that's the start and end of it. Craig on the other hand may not look like a Givenchy model but he has rugged good looks and delivers where it counts the most as a damn fine actor.
    @doubleoego. I quite agree with you about Craig in CR. His one performance in that film is superior to ALL of Brosnan's but he let me down a little in QoS. Don't get me wrong, he did well but didn't have as much to play with and as a result wasn't as engaging. Some of his quips fell flat this time too.

"she's seasick"
    "I do hope so"
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    True. Craig's performance wasn't as engaging as in CR but I dint attribute that to Craig's acting talent but more so to do with the dismal script. However, here's hoping SF turns out to be as spectacular as we all hope it to be.
    Daniel Craig by a country mile. He has the look of someone who wouldn't hesitate to kill everyone in a room to ensure his mission was completed.
    Maybe we should invite some people from CBn over here so that Brosnan is at least an amateur competitor in this vs. ;)

Daniel Craig! Best Bond ever! I know I will get slammed for this, but what other Bond not only looks awesome in a tux and do his own stunts? :x
    Maybe we should invite some people from CBn over here so that Brosnan is at least an amateur competitor in this vs. ;)

What's CBn?
    Snow wrote:
    Daniel Craig! Best Bond ever! I know I will get slammed for this, but what other Bond not only looks awesome in a tux and do his own stunts? :x

Oh, don't fear. I for one agree and we are not alone ;) Have you voted yet in the Craig/Dalton thread?

What's CBn?

Commanderbond.net
    But I wasn't aware of the fact, that its a nest of Brosnan lovers :D
    Mind you - Pierc is fighting for the whales and with that has my unlimited respect as a person, just not as Bond.