Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig (poll added)

Comments

Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    You? You never become angry at me and seem to understand that my opinions are not facts or intended to be. Others don´t, however, and have complained to the Mods, claiming I don´t let anyone else state their opinions. Therefore I write IMO quite a lot now.

See, I openly say, what I dislike, like eye to eye.. You are still cute :D

You complained? Aha, I thought it was JWestbrook, DarthDimi, Agent007391 and perhaps someone else. I am surprised you did, but not the least angry or anything.

No, I didn't. I just said th opposite, when I complain, I do it here on the open board, so you would know.

Ok, sorry for accusing you.
    You 2 should date. Im serious
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yes, and most of us would meanwhile like to get back on topic... Although I must say @Germanlady gets my sympathy vote now that @007RogerMoore officially put me on his black list. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    You are the dark side of the force here, Dimi ;)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I'll always have a bit of "man-love" for Brosnan. He was the man who started it all for me and if he walked into the same room as me I'd seriously go weak at the knees (more so than I would with Craig).

BUT, in terms of who's "better" it would have to go to Craig. He's just the stronger actor and has been able to do more with the character than Pierce ever could (sorry Brozza but I'm sure you'd agree with me).

:'(

I still don't think Brosnan deserves all the flack he gets on here though. It wasn't him who thought "hey, let's make an entirely CG action scene".
  • Most definitely Daniel Craig. Pierce is great but perhaps a little too smooth - prefer the grittiness of Craig.
    Well, oh goodness, now you've left me with a hard decision....nah! It's pure and simple:

BROSNAN!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Yes, and most of us would meanwhile like to get back on topic... Although I must say @Germanlady gets my sympathy vote now that @007RogerMoore officially put me on his black list. ;-)

Haha, no, I like you as much as before. But I will always keep in mind that you are a sith lord. If I were one, I would like the name "Darth Evil".
    :)) = Evil laughter

BTW, sympathy vote for what?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 3,494
    I think some Craig fans have forgotten that Daniel Craig played in Cowboys & Aliens.....
    I predict Craig will silence his critics with the classic portrayal we are going to get

If you think certain opinions are not allowed, like disaproving Daniel Craig's take on Bond, then what are you doing on a *discussion* forum ? If you want to ban certain opinions, why don't you start your own website where only people who agree with your views can post ?

The Craig lovers/Brosnan bashers should seriously calm down....... their opinions aren't the truth, and no-one is forced to follow these views. I wonder why certain members here keep coming on this free, public discussion forum and try to ban all the opinions they don't like as if they were the master of truth.......... until the day the mods or James Page decides that no-one here can like Brosnan or dislike Craig anymore, I think some members here should try and accept that the entire world isn't forced to hate Brosnan or love Craig........ This is a free world, no ? So what if someone here won't like Skyfall ? Will the world come to an end if someone won't like the new film ?

Maybe I should be nominated by you for the "most controversial" member thread. You surely never miss a chance to take a shot at me, do you?

I wasn't even talking to you, and I am sure RM007 doesn't need your help. He has a sense of humor about his statements and a light hearted manner you could learn a lot from. I appreciate him for that just like I did Scashy. He makes me laugh. But since you chose to answer and get your panties in a bunch, I thought it was a given that this is my opinion. And where did I ever say that anyone should ban anyone's opinion? I didn't realize anyone could possibly extrapolate that out of my statement.

I said what I said very calmly and distinctly. I feel, and always remember that I am first and foremost a Connery man and not a Craig fanboy, that Craig is a great actor and that he has been unfairly treated by his detractors in as far as he has not had the same chance as the previous Bonds, to play Bond in the spirit we are all used to seeing. I feel that he will be fantastic in Skyfall and prove he can do a normal type of Bond because he is a great actor and he is especially motivated to do the Bond that everyone expects. I say everyone should give him the chance to do that before deciding he is not right for the role, and if they still feel that way after Skyfall, then they are entitled to feel that way and so be it. Brosnan had that chance, IMO he failed for various reasons and he admitted he did not get it quite right. IMO you are as guilty of that as anyone when you state that QOS is a great action film but a lousy Bond film, but you fail like others to realize that EON never meant or tried to give you the Bond you expect to see. Therefore I also feel your opinion of his movies thus far is not a well reasoned one, and your reaction IMO also shows that it is you, and not I, who flies off the handle any time someone disagrees with you. German Lady called you on the carpet for stating "The Craig lovers/Brosnan bashers should seriously calm down....... their opinions aren't the truth" and what did you do- you went off on her as well and stated your opinion as fact. What a hypocrite! Then you got even madder and called Craig "shit" as Bond and bashed him. Can you have that opinion? Sure you can. And it is MY opinion now that although you are young and can be excused for that to a certain degree, you came off here as a very immature person who is easily provoked, and you should watch your mouth before someone out there in France or Canada knocks you on your butt. The way you spoke to a lady is inexcusable and shows a profound lack of class. Do you speak that way to your mother? Sir Roger would never treat a lady like that.
    IMO Brosnan was better at one-liners, had better movies, looked more like Bond, was more charming and acted more like Bond. He also had great gadgets and was a great successor to Moore. Craig might be the better actor and would most likely have done TWINE better than Brosnan, but he is in no way the better Bond IMO.

Typical Moore Whoore statement right there, Moore and Brosnan go hand in hand in style, no surprise you would write this. Here is where I would agree with you regarding Brosnan- he looked more like Bond than Moore.

That might be true. I would say that Brosnan looks the most like Bond, followed by Moore and then Lazenby. After that Connery and Dalton. Last but not least, Craig.

RM, if you line up the 6 Bonds, 4 of them (Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, and Brosnan) have the "classic" look that Connery started. Moore and Craig do not. That is what I am referring to when I say that Brosnan looks more like Bond than Moore. Carry on, I appreciate you (are you Swedish ?) and your sense of humor.

• Mr. Brozz. He is a classic Bond.
    RM, if you line up the 6 Bonds, 4 of them (Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, and Brosnan) have the "classic" look that Connery started. Moore and Craig do not. That is what I am referring to when I say that Brosnan looks more like Bond than Moore. Carry on, I appreciate you (are you Swedish ?) and your sense of humor.
    Yes, I´m Swedish. I´m glad you seem to understand more how I try to post here, with humour. Not in some "this is a fact and nobody is allowed to say anything else" style. I´m not a serious person, and noticed today at work that I have the same kind of humour as an 11 year old. And for me, Moore has a good Bond look, like a handsome snob, while Connery almost looks Spanish (dark skin and dark overall).
  • RM, if you line up the 6 Bonds, 4 of them (Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, and Brosnan) have the "classic" look that Connery started. Moore and Craig do not. That is what I am referring to when I say that Brosnan looks more like Bond than Moore. Carry on, I appreciate you (are you Swedish ?) and your sense of humor.
    Yes, I´m Swedish. I´m glad you seem to understand more how I try to post here, with humour. Not in some "this is a fact and nobody is allowed to say anything else". I´m not a serious person, and noticed today at work that I have the same kind of humour as an 11 year old.

At least you don't act like an 11 year old and make me have to treat you like my own children when they need some direction.

My great grandfather (paternal) was born Frederik Hansen in 1868 in a little Swedish village. I wish I could tell you where, all I remember is that the name was long and difficult to pronounce. He changed our family name after escaping from the Orkney Islands (we have always guessed he was in trouble) but that would be my last name if he had not. Mostly I am German by descent, also 1/4 Lithuanian, some Welsh and Scotch-Irish...basically I am a mutt :D

BAIN123 wrote:

That's intresting. I think I preferred Dench/Brosnan to Dench/Craig, because it was personal but M was never really overused (in TWINE it was original so it's OK then)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Bad choice, as i'm fan of Both. but i go with Brosnan.
    I have upset several members here, but they interpret my messages in the wrong way, I think. You understand, perhaps cause I remind you of Scashy. I´ve said this before: take my messages with a grain of salt. I guess people who get angered with me don´t.

BTW, what is a mutt?
  • A mutt in American terms mostly refers to a dog of different breeds.

In the spirit of both of us being Swedish- Trévligt att rå´kas/trä´ffas!

Yes, I found that online

:D
  • A mutt in American terms mostly refers to a dog of different breeds.

Yes, I found that online

Hehe. Try to pronounce the å and ä letters. You are american, right?

• edited April 2012 Posts: 3,494
    A mutt in American terms mostly refers to a dog of different breeds.

Yes, I found that online

Hehe. Try to pronounce the å and ä letters. You are american, right?

Yes, and I have no clue how to speak Swedish. My great grandfather was over 40 when my grandfather, his first child, was born. I don't think my grandfather knew the language, he never spoke anything but English even with his brother. My great grandfather was dead even before my father was born. Just wanted to say pleased to meet you (and you) in your native tongue

B-)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 32
    Thank you. It is pretty similar to English. I think most words are. For instance, see the similarities here: We are the best= Vi är bäst. (And ä sounds like e inte best (or pest, rest etc.) You see. Very easy to learn English when you know Swedish.

What languages, except English, do most of you Americans speak?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Guys, I hate to break the conversation but please, stay on the topic :) You guys can continue it by PM.
    What languages, except English, do most of you Americans speak?

American B-) and Spanish I´d guess.
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    Guys, I hate to break the conversation but please, stay on the topic :) You guys can continue it by PM.

Sorry.

X3MSonicX wrote:

Sorry.

No problem, it happens :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Stay on topic, people. And I don't need 'sorry' posts or any other form of spam.
    For me, it's Craig.

While I "technically" grew up with Brosnan, he never really got me into the series as much as Craig did with CR. However, I think they're both good in their own respective way and they're obviously both very different Bonds. That's why I love this franchise so much. If they were all the same or exactly the way Fleming wrote Bond as; I don't think the films would be as successful.

Another thing. Since I'm new here I'm still becoming fairly acclimated to everyone, I haven't had a chance to form the "best" opinion of how people are. However, after reading this whole thread I'd like to say I have tremendous respect for the way @SirHenryLeeChaChing carries himself. You, sir, have my utmost respect.
    I´d say between Brosnan and Craig I´d choose...Dalton.

lol, had to do it.
  • Daniel all the way! Such a superior actor.
    It's an oft. used line but he achieved in CR what Bros couldn't do in 4 films. Craig has much more emotional range and can pull off even the bad lines with conviction.

Pierce was great at being suave/confident as his films progressed but it got to a point where by DAD he was just this annoyingly smug, spoilt brat. Sure, Craig's Bond was deliberately made cocky at the start of CR, but he gets his comeuppance and becomes a more human figure as a result.

And Daniel is much better at doing action/fight scenes.
    B-)
    edited April 2012 Posts: 581
    its Pierce Brosnan...hands down craig is just woodern and thuggish i dont care if thats what the book bond was- i care about the film bond

honestly Pierce Brosnan is James Bond- The Suave, The Look, The Attitude...

Brosnan's Bond had the coolest villians- Sean Bean aka Boromir, Johnathan Pryce aka The Master from The Curse of Fatal Death , Sophie Marceu (the somewhat first sinster female lead villian), the guy from the full monty, a smug british guy who was in truth a north korean and The Green Goblin himself William Dafoe in Everything or Nothing..

Brosnan's Bond managed to bed: two former x-mens (one turned out to be catwoman), 1 desperate housewive, Charlie Sheen's Ex Wife, a sexy russian computer programer, the chick from American Pie in Everything or Nothing and Wai Lin.

he was the last bond to ever get gadgets and advice from The Original Q- Desmond

he had the coolest gadgets and an invisible car

Brosnan got better everytime he played the role...

he had Goldeneye N64- the greatest bond game ever made and several other great bond games (EON, Nightfire, TWINE)

Pierce Brosnan was a bloated William Shatner by the end of it.
    He was great in GE.
    Villains were weak.
    He had an invisible car at some point.
    Who cares about video games? (although G64 was very nice)
    Halle Berry?! Teri Hatcher?! Denise Richards?! Wow, how lame can you get?

Daniel Craig all the way man.

But...cheers.