Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig (poll added)

Comments

[

I don't care about what Craig looks like, I just want a real classic Bond film out of him. Gadgets, no moping about the girl he gets with, etc. It was fine for CR because the series needed a change, but now I think it's time they got back to normal.

r.

No offence my little friend.....but...

you are pissing in the wind...

Craig wont make that kind of film, He's not that kind of actor. He does humour but if you are expecting a bon viveur waltzing around the world dispensing witticism ala Moore - you are going to be very sorely disapointed. You may get Q but he will be reinvigorated and given a 21st century spin and you might get a few fun lines but gorilla costumes and alligator subs are out.

And as who is better?

The Daniel of Craig of course.

The man who rescued the series from the creative black pit it was in,.

• actonsteve wrote:
    [

I don't care about what Craig looks like, I just want a real classic Bond film out of him. Gadgets, no moping about the girl he gets with, etc. It was fine for CR because the series needed a change, but now I think it's time they got back to normal.

r.

Craig wont make that kind of film, He's not that kind of actor. He does humour but if you are expecting a bon viveur waltzing around the world dispensing witticism ala Moore - you are going to be very sorely disapointed. You may get Q but he will be reinvigorated and given a 21st century spin and you might get a few fun lines but gorilla costumes and alligator subs are out.

And as who is better?

=D> Except to say that TLR is not a Moore Whoore who wants a Moore portrayal. Different time and better Bond. I predict Craig will silence his critics with the classic portrayal we are going to get, minus the all out goofiness of parts of the Moore era.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    I think some Craig fans have forgotten that Daniel Craig played in Cowboys & Aliens.....
    I predict Craig will silence his critics with the classic portrayal we are going to get

If you think certain opinions are not allowed, like disaproving Daniel Craig's take on Bond, then what are you doing on a *discussion* forum ? If you want to ban certain opinions, why don't you start your own website where only people who agree with your views can post ?

The Craig lovers/Brosnan bashers should seriously calm down....... their opinions aren't the truth, and no-one is forced to follow these views. I wonder why certain members here keep coming on this free, public discussion forum and try to ban all the opinions they don't like as if they were the master of truth.......... until the day the mods or James Page decides that no-one here can like Brosnan or dislike Craig anymore, I think some members here should try and accept that the entire world isn't forced to hate Brosnan or love Craig........ This is a free world, no ? So what if someone here won't like Skyfall ? Will the world come to an end if someone won't like the new film ?
    Craig and i still feel there is a better bond to come from him.
    I think some Craig fans have forgotten that Daniel Craig played in Cowboys & Aliens.....
    I predict Craig will silence his critics with the classic portrayal we are going to get

If you think certain opinions are not allowed, like disaproving Daniel Craig's take on Bond, then what are you doing on a *discussion* forum ? If you want to ban certain opinions, why don't you start your own website where only people who agree with your views can post ?

The Craig lovers/Brosnan bashers should seriously calm down....... their opinions aren't the truth, and no-one is forced to follow these views. I wonder why certain members here keep coming on this free, public discussion forum and try to ban all the opinions they don't like as if they were the master of truth.......... until the day the mods or James Page decides that no-one here can like Brosnan or dislike Craig anymore, I think some members here should try and accept that the entire world isn't forced to hate Brosnan or love Craig........ This is a free world, no ?

I think SirHenryLeeChaching is not talking about ban certains opinios brothers, its just an expressions that Craig actings or potrayal maybe would attracts new fans who not favor him in the first place...
    OK, I'll write my opinion in numbers:
    Craig= 10
    Dalton=9.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
    Connery and Moore= 9.999999999999999999999
    Brosnan=9.9999999999
    Lazenby=7
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Who's better, option a) Brosnan or option b) Craig?

I'll take option c) nethier. They're both terrible Bonds, who've failed to bring a entirely new style of Bond.
    IMO Brosnan was better at one-liners, had better movies, looked more like Bond, was more charming and acted more like Bond. He also had great gadgets and was a great successor to Moore. Craig might be the better actor and would most likely have done TWINE better than Brosnan, but he is in no way the better Bond IMO.

Typical Moore Whoore statement right there, Moore and Brosnan go hand in hand in style, no surprise you would write this. Here is where I would agree with you regarding Brosnan- he looked more like Bond than Moore.

That might be true. I would say that Brosnan looks the most like Bond, followed by Moore and then Lazenby. After that Connery and Dalton. Last but not least, Craig.
    I do apologize but Daniel Craig has not done anything for me in the 007 franchise or out of it.
    SaintMark wrote:
    I do apologize but Daniel Craig has not done anything for me in the 007 franchise or out of it.

How about Brosnan?

The Craig lovers/Brosnan bashers should seriously calm down....... their opinions aren't the truth, and no-one is forced to follow these views. I wonder why certain members here keep coming on this free, public discussion forum and try to ban all the opinions they don't like as if they were the master of truth.......... until the day the mods or James Page decides that no-one here can like Brosnan or dislike Craig anymore, I think some members here should try and accept that the entire world isn't forced to hate Brosnan or love Craig........ This is a free world, no ? So what if someone here won't like Skyfall ? Will the world come to an end if someone won't like the new film ?

This is classic. One of the kings of shutting everything other then his own opinion down. Its always the way you do it. Its not "I feel/IMO/I think" its "He is better - end of story"
    Of all people, you have NO right whatsoever to attack anybody else about opinions and the ways, they are voiced - I M O!!! >:)

BTW - just because Dalton tried a serious version of Bond, there are not necessarely many similarities between him and DC, I think. Seriously, he is my least fav. Bond in just about every aspect.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Germanlady are you for real ? I always put 'IMO' in my posts. So you have no argument. Typical Craig fan - tell all kind of lies and not accept any kind of criticism on Craig. Quite frankly I am tired of them.... can't accept any opinion other than their own.... only Craig fans and Brosnan bashers are guilty of this. Germanlady you are a joke, why do you come on a free discussion website if you can't accept people disagreeing with you ? Why do you keep telling lies ?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Germanlady are you for real ? I always put 'IMO' in my posts. So you have no argument. Typical Craig fan - tell all kind of lies and not accept any kind of criticism on Craig.

Show me one in just your last post...and I am very real on this. This is such a double standard, you are displaying, but maybe, you are not aware of it...plus, this is not ven about Craig, this is about a poster, who always makes his posts sound, like they are the only truth and then, you complain that others do it, whilst they are not even half as bad.

I don't expect anybody to openly agree, as its still a guys world here, but nevertheless I wanted to say it in all clearity - because its so crazy at times. Compared with your fandome, I am tame...

As you are blinded by your own inflated ego, I can only suggest you search for my comments in my profile, and you will see all the posts in other threads where I clearly say 'IMO' when stating my opinion.

Sorry but your typical lies everywhere never fool me.

Craig is shit as Bond. Just my opinion. If you can't accept that, why do you come on a discussion forum ?

Some members here are a complete joke sometimes.
    As you are blinded by your own inflated ego, I can only suggest you search for my comments in my profile, and you will see all the posts in other threads where I clearly say 'IMO' when stating my opinion.

Craig is shit as Bond. Just my opinion. If you can't accept that, why do you come on a discussion forum ?

Like I said, show me one in your latest rant, if you can. I don't care, what you think of Craig as Bond or as whatever...this is not, what i am talking about.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    What I find awkward is that many folks seem to have lost respect for Connery. The Connery Bond may not have been without his share of say, poor moments, but at least in his first four outings as Bond he was more than any of the other actors ever achieved, IMO that is. Yes, I'm a Daltonite, a fierce supporter of Craig, a Moore sympathetic, a Lazenby believer and a Brosnan okay'er (if that's even a word ;-) ). But by default I would say that Connery is the best Bond ever. To me, there's no debate. The other debates concern the second place. ;-) As it turns out, I'm mistaken. :(
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady are you for real ? I always put 'IMO' in my posts. So you have no argument. Typical Craig fan - tell all kind of lies and not accept any kind of criticism on Craig.

Show me on in just your last post...and I am very real on this. This is such a double standard, you are displaying, but maybe, you are not aware of it...plus, this is not ven about Craig, this is about a poster, who always makes his posts sound, like they are the only truth and then, you complain that others do it, whilst they are not even half as bad.

I don't expect anybody to openly agree, as its still a guys world here, but nevertheless I wanted to say it in all clearity - because its so crazy at times. Compared with your fandome, I am tame...

To be fair, he says alot that it's his opinion. Maybe you're getting him confused with @007RogerMoore ;)
    actonsteve wrote:
    [

r.

And as who is better?

=D> Except to say that TLR is not a Moore Whoore who wants a Moore portrayal. Different time and better Bond. I predict Craig will silence his critics with the classic portrayal we are going to get, minus the all out goofiness of parts of the Moore era.

Thanks SirHenry. @actonsteve I don't want/expect a Moore film, I like Moores films but they're not my favourites. I do want something like a Dalton/Connery/Some of Brosnans film, like I've said before, I want a middle ground between QOS and DAD. I don't want invisible cars and alligator subs but I do want some gadgets and maybe one or 2 one liners, but I also want some realism. Daltons films are the best examples of what I'd like.
    Germanlady wrote:

Like I said, show me one in your latest rant, if you can. I don't car, what you think of Craig as Bond or as whatever...this is not, what i am talking about, if you are able to see that. Big IF, I might add.

Do you understand any english word ? There is no opinion in the post you are talking about. Why would I put 'IMO' when I am not stating my opinion ? I was merely pointing out that some members here, primarly the Brosnan bashers and Craig lovers, can't accept any opinion other than their own.

I never had any problems with people hating Moore, TMWMTGG, MR or DAF. It's the typical Craig fanboys like you that can't accept that people may not like Craig as Bond. I don't give a damn if someone says Moore is shit. I will say I disagree and state why I love Moore, and that's it. I won't call them morons, idiots or whatever because they hate my favorite Bond.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 7,653
    SaintMark wrote:

How about Brosnan?

The thread is about Brosnan vs Craig and I mention I dislike Craigs tenure so far, what does that say about Brosnans' tenure. I do like it better.

And Connery is the Best 007 ever with Moore on a very close 2nd place, the rest of them lack so much that they cannot be compared in the same league.

Germanlady wrote:

Show me on in just your last post...and I am very real on this. This is such a double standard, you are displaying, but maybe, you are not aware of it...plus, this is not ven about Craig, this is about a poster, who always makes his posts sound, like they are the only truth and then, you complain that others do it, whilst they are not even half as bad.

To be fair, he says alot that it's his opinion. Maybe you're getting him confused with @007RogerMoore ;)

Moore is cute ;) but its sometimes too much "with a gun right between the eyes" and that makes you want to raise your own gun (which I am doing just now :D )
    Before yesterday, I really though that it was understood from everybody that saying that Moore is the best is an opinion, since something subjective is not a fact. I have been extremely surprised by the number of people telling me that I don´t accept anyone else´s opinion and that I state my opinion as a fact. How can anyone state an opinion as fact? IMO I don´t, but interpretation is a personal matter. What I consider ok might be offensive to someone else.
    Craig. Daniel Craig.

I will add that QOS made him look pretty daft, but I believe (and pray) that Skyfall will redeem him (and the film series in general)!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,778
    No contest here. Craig by a massive margin. He's what I love about James Bond. Brosnan was a waste of 4 perfectly good films and stayed around for 10 years too long. The reason why casual fans loved Brosnan was because he perfectly summed up society's shallow interpretation of the James Bond character. A smarky GQ model posing as an actor who throws out one-liners and looks good in a suit but has no depth what so ever. Simply put, Daniel Craig plays James Bond, Pierce Brosnan played a charicature of James Bond.
    Before yesterday, I really though that it was understood from everybody that saying that Moore is the best is an opinion, since something subjective is not a fact. I have been extremely surprised by the number of people telling me that I don´t accept anyone else´s opinion and that I state my opinion as a fact. How can anyone state an opinion as fact? IMO I don´t, but interpretation is a personal matter. What I consider ok might be offensive to someone else.

Don't worry I was just joking mate.

Some members here are a complete joke sometimes.

You know I dont know whether you have had a bad day at work or something but this crosses the line into rudeness.

Germanlady certainly did not deserve such abuse.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 154
    Germanlady wrote:

Like I said, show me one in your latest rant, if you can. I don't car, what you think of Craig as Bond or as whatever...this is not, what i am talking about, if you are able to see that. Big IF, I might add.

Do you understand any english word ? There is no opinion in the post you are talking about. Why would I put 'IMO' when I am not stating my opinion ? I was merely pointing out that some members here, primarly the Brosnan bashers and Craig lovers, can't accept any opinion other than their own.

You have that problem also. Sometimes you get a bit mean in your posts when somebody says something bad about Moore. lets face it, some people are Brosnan bashers and Craig lovers and you are a Brosnan and Moore lover and a Craig hater. Real hate. Last time, you told me I had to take care of my problems.Sorry to interrupt

Don't worry I was just joking mate.

You? You never become angry at me and seem to understand that my opinions are not facts or intended to be. Others don´t, however, and have complained to the Mods, claiming I don´t let anyone else state their opinions. Therefore I write IMO quite a lot now.
    You? You never become angry at me and seem to understand that my opinions are not facts or intended to be. Others don´t, however, and have complained to the Mods, claiming I don´t let anyone else state their opinions. Therefore I write IMO quite a lot now.

See, I openly say, what I dislike, like eye to eye.. You are still cute :D
    Germanlady wrote:

You complained? Aha, I thought it was JWestbrook, DarthDimi, Agent007391 and perhaps someone else. I am surprised you did, but not the least angry or anything.
    Germanlady wrote:

You complained? Aha, I thought it was JWestbrook, DarthDimi, Agent007391 and perhaps someone else. I am surprised you did, but not the least angry or anything.

No, I didn't. I just said th opposite, when I complain, I do it here on the open board, so you would know.