Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig (poll added)

Comments

• Daniel Craig is the hottest Bond yet, his blue eyes just draw you in like the ocean. His accent is smooth and sultry.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:
    In the poll, it should actually be 7-6, not 8-5, because I wanted to vote for Brosnan but clicked Craig by accident. Just letting you know.

That's your underconscience :D

I have no consience. I am the Terminator.
    In the poll, it should actually be 7-6, not 8-5, because I wanted to vote for Brosnan but clicked Craig by accident. Just letting you know.

Sure, by "accident". You now know the truth @thelivingroyale. ;)

The truth? Ah, you are talking about the conspiracy on the Craig vs Dalton thread, I'm thinking of ways to stop that ;)

Anyway, I found out that I could vote again so I voted for Brosnan.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love Brosnan as Bond; I thought he was stylish and cool and deftly handled his character. The faults of DAD and TWINE were not his fault.
    So it is hard for me to say to choose between these two. I like Craig as Bond very much - gritty, sexy, believable - but it's only been 2 films. I am going to respectfully request that I vote a tie (so my vote does not count) - but that is the only fair way I can state my current feelings about them as Bond. Really looking forward to Skyfall!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,661
    Craig looks like a plumber.

Brosnan looked like Bond.

Brosnan all the way!

*Please note, this post was brought to you by the Not-Shallow-Society. "We, at the NSS, don't believe in shallowness, superficiality or any other long type words, but we eagerly await the day Mr Craig retires from the role so he can have more casual sex with his lovely wife and we won't have to look at his mug on the big screen."

:P
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Brosnan looked someone standing in the mirror with a hair brush pretending to be James Bond, never bought it never will.
    This is not supposed to be a knock on Craig, but in a possible (but unnecessary) 2004 remake of FRWL, I could easily picture Brosnan as Bond and Craig as Grant, based on looks.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 4,043
    Pity Brosnan couldn't play his own interpretation and not a weird hybrid of Connery & Moore.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This is not supposed to be a knock on Craig, but in a possible (but unnecessary) 2004 remake of FRWL, I could easily picture Brosnan as Bond and Craig as Grant, based on looks.

He certainly has a few Robert Shaw vibes going and he'd definitely nail the punching, but I doubt that Brosnan could be game for such a fight.
    It's a close call but I think Brosnan. He looks much more like bond, and while I think that this is the only place where Craig falls short as bond, it's such an important part of the charector that I'll pick Brosnan over him. Personally Sean was the best...
    DarthDimi wrote:

He certainly has a few Robert Shaw vibes going and he'd definitely nail the punching, but I doubt that Brosnan could be game for such a fight.

In a fight, perhaps Craig would have won, but Brosnan could have unleashed so many quips that Craig (Grant) decides to commit suicide. Thus Brosnan would win.
    Yeah Craig would drown in all the cheese omitting from Brosnan's mouth.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Craig looks like a plumber.

Brosnan looked like Bond.

Brosnan all the way!

*Please note, this post was brought to you by the Not-Shallow-Society. "We, at the NSS, don't believe in shallowness, superficiality or any other long type words, but we eagerly await the day Mr Craig retires from the role so he can have more casual sex with his lovely wife and we won't have to look at his mug on the big screen."

:P
    Ah, so this is what SPECTRE have been demoted to these days? Making pitiful statements stemming from their own sad tendencies to be clueless about how Bond should actually be played. It'll be my pleasure to disband you with my arsenal of skills.
    Shardlake wrote:
    Pity Brosnan couldn't play his own interpretation and not a weird hybrid of Connery & Moore.

He was a mix of Connery and Moore, so what? Craig to me is a mix of Connery and Dalton (even the producer said he was similar to Connery), but he's still a good James Bond. I'm tired of people bashing Brosnan with arguments that don't even work.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Shardlake wrote:

He was a mix of Connery and Moore, so what? Craig to me is a mix of Connery and Dalton (even the producer said he was similar to Connery), but he's still a good James Bond. I'm tired of people bashing Brosnan with arguments that don't even work.

I don't think Pierce was a mix of Sean and Roger at all. Definitely not Sean, because if he was I'd at least like much more.
    Shardlake wrote:

I don't think Pierce was a mix of Sean and Roger at all. Definitely not Sean, because if he was I'd at least like much more.

I can see bits of Connery in him in some scenes.
    He always played the character in awe of it and this was his biggest mistake Craig looked at it as a job and got on with it.

Brosnan had lofty ideas for Bond and how he's like to develop the character but he's just not a good enough actor to make it work so he reverted to a mixture of Moore and Connery and when I say Connery I mean like a schoolboy not like the subtle way that Craig has wove some SC's feel into his performance.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited April 2012 Posts: 4,399
    Craig by a landslide for me..... i enjoyed Brosnan's time - but after seeing Craig in 2 films, Brosnan's Bond just feels weak - not movie wise, but the physical aspect of the character... Craig is more believeable as someone who could seriously F you up - not only with a gun, but in hand to hand combat...

plus, i also prefer Craig's dry delivery of quips rather than the softball puns lofted up by Brosnan.

That could be the version of FRWL where Red Grant actually kills Bond.

There is no way in living hell that Brosnan could beat Craig in a fight.

He'd end up a squidgy blob on the floor of the carriage.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    actonsteve wrote:

The strongest doesn't always win.

• LudsLuds MIA
    DC, you know that you shouldn't have created 10 extra accounts just to vote for the poll... ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Luds wrote:
    DC, you know that you shouldn't have created 10 extra accounts just to vote for the poll... ;)

Check the IP's - you'll see a world-wide fanbase for Brosnan
    Luds wrote:

Check the IP's - you'll see a world-wide fanbase for Brosnan

Ah yes, to quote Mr. White in QoS, "We have people everywhere."
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Fortunately, more Craig fans though, by a fair margin ;)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 42
    Craig by a country mile!

The problem with Brosnan for me is that he never established his own character and style for the role (I know some will disagree here). I thought in GE that he was at his best because I think he just jumped in the role and did his thing. I still don't think he grabbed the role and made it his own in GE but at least it was not as forced like in later movies (though there are moments). After GE Brosnan was trying to hard to be all Bond's and he came off bland. I couldn't connect with his character, he was just there playing the role of Bond.

Personally I think it comes down to acting skills or the application of, and where Brosnan struggled to find his own Bond, Craig has flourished in the role and created a Bond with substance, character (like it or hate it) and emotion (completely lacking with Brosnan). He's not just some robot that does his job... Any moments that Brosnan did have that were meant to be "with emotion", were never convincing or sincere to me. Again, this is down to either acting skills or down to the fact that Brosnan just had the wrong idea of the character. He was much better in Thomas Crown and Tailor of Panama... so I guess he had the potential to some extent, he just didn't apply it right to Bond.

Whats interesting though is that people that generally like Moore like Brosnan and people that favoured Connery or Dalton like Craig... I'm sure I'm wrong here with some but that's just what I seem to notice.

Mod edit: please use the edit button and avoid double posts.
    Luds wrote:
    Fortunately, more Craig fans though, by a fair margin ;)

Ehh....sadly so. :((
    When i was a kid and sb say´s bond i was thinking of Connery or Moore.
    I think both get their own interpretation and a enough films to become Bond for the most oft the people.

Later i discovered Lazenby and Dalton but they really do not make it into my mind as James Bond.
    And that is the same with Brosnan, i thought he would be cool but i don´t see him as bond, also after four films.

I´ve seen Craig now in two films, one good one not so but last time sb mentioned "Bond" i was surprised thinking of him!!! I think he is doing a very good job.

Btw, my mother got a new pin for her credit card and was very angry on the phone telling me what a bad number she got and that it is hard for her to memorize.
    I ask her what number it is and she told me 0076.
    I had a lough because...what a great number to get into your brain.
    So i told her to think of bond having sex (in germany the number 6 is pronounced like sex) with one of his girls.
    She liked this and every time now my mom gets money she is thinking about bond...
    Asking her of which bond she is thinking she answered immediately...Moore, of course;))
    Brilliant post @Lupus ! :)>-
    Dan Craig by a country mile, as good as Brosser was in Goldeneye and TND. Craig has far more versatilty as an actor
    Craig by a mile.
    actonsteve wrote:

Then again Grant was MEANT to be much bigger than Bond originally. If I remember correctly Bond knew he wouldn't have stood a chance against Grant in hand-to-hand combat so had to resort to dirty (and implausable) tactics.