The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Let's all get together and have a draught beer on this revelation.
    In duration of six minutes?

Well, three minutes in reality. It was the least I could do for a friend. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Let's all get together and have a draught beer on this revelation.
    In duration of six minutes?

Well, three minutes in reality. It was the least I could do for a friend. ;)
    Would Dalton have signed on to do more Bond films had he finish his first Bond contract for 3 films?

I personally wouldn't think so but that's just me
    Unless his 3rd film was a lot more financially acclaimed,then no,i dont think so.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Would Dalton have signed on to do more Bond films had he finish his first Bond contract for 3 films?

I personally wouldn't think so but that's just me
    I don't think he would have. The film industry was adopting the action template for adventure-oriented films (including the spy genre), and Dalton was more for the theatrical and drama type. He had a fallout with John Glen during the production of Licence To Kill when the director was rooting for more action and Dalton was demanding more drama. After the third, he'd have walked out, I suspect.
  • During the hiatus, Dalton apparently wanted to return for a third and final film, but Cubby wanted him to sign on for the rest of the '90s. They couldn't reach an agreement and that was that. Now this doesn't mean Dalton would have parted after his third had everything stayed on track, but as things turned out, he did want to go "three and out," to inaptly pinch a baseball term.
    Why did EON dub so many voices in the 60s Bond?
  • fjdinardo wrote: »
    Why did EON dub so many voices in the 60s Bond?

They had a 50 character contract with Nikki van der Zyl. ;)
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Does anyone know which group sang the a capella comedy version of Nobody Does It Better that is heard for a few lines at the end of the film?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Nobody seems to know. I Googled it and it's always just stated as a choir.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Nobody seems to know. I Googled it and it's always just stated as a choir.

I'd guess that it's nobody famous then. Probably just a cheap choir for hire.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Does anyone know which group sang the a capella comedy version of Nobody Does It Better that is heard for a few lines at the end of the film?

I'm sure that Jon Burlingame probably covers this in his book on Bond music.

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Burlingame only says it's a "male choir". Not easy to find them...
    edited March 2017 Posts: 17,816
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Burlingame only says it's a "male choir". Not easy to find them...

Ah, I see. The search continues.

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Is Skyfall the only titles sequence in which the villain appears (Silva)?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    GF. And SP.

You could also add OHMSS too.
  • And the Three Blind Mice in Dr. No (although they aren't the villain).
    I'm thinking of upgrading my Bond DVD collection chaps,apart from Blue Ray,which is the best collection for sound/picture etc ?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.

I seem to remember reading years ago that it was sung by a Royal Navy Choir that also seems to fit the ending of the film.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of upgrading my Bond DVD collection chaps,apart from Blue Ray,which is the best collection for sound/picture etc ?
    I'd say the Ultimate Edition DVDs have the best picture quality you can find on DVD.

The versions I see in stores these days are the ones that have horrible covers similar to this one. To be honest, I'm not too sure what version the actual DVD inside is, but I guess it's the UE.
    Wow ,still only those @gt007 ? ...i know what you mean about the ones in the stores...i mean the LALD one even has Sir Roger wearing a wedding ring on the cover.

I cant believed these have not been updated since.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow ,still only those @gt007 ? ...i know what you mean about the ones in the stores...i mean the LALD one even has Sir Roger wearing a wedding ring on the cover.

Bond was clearly still thinking of Tracy. Come on guys, think a little. ;)
    Clever thinking...you are on form tonight chap ;)
  • gt007gt007 Station G

I don't think they have been updated, no. I could be wrong since I haven't bought any DVDs after the UE, but I think that's the same edition they keep repackaging.
    gt007 wrote: »

I don't think they have been updated, no. I could be wrong since I haven't bought any DVDs after the UE, but I think that's the same edition they keep repackaging.

Is that what you use to watch Bond @gt007 ?
    If it's DVD you're after, yes, for the first 19 go for the Ultimate Editions. For the 20th (DAD) go for the Special Edition. Curiously, it features more bonus than the Ultimate (even if the Ultimate announced said bonus on the covers, they were not to be found inside the discs).
    Gerard wrote: »
    If it's DVD you're after, yes, for the first 19 go for the Ultimate Editions. For the 20th (DAD) go for the Special Edition. Curiously, it features more bonus than the Ultimate (even if the Ultimate announced said bonus on the covers, they were not to be found inside the discs).

And for CR,QoS,SF & SP the only DVD's are the ones that are out now ?

Mrcoggins wrote: »

I seem to remember reading years ago that it was sung by a Royal Navy Choir that also seems to fit the ending of the film.

I was going to suggest that myself earlier , not having read the information anywhere but just based on "the sound". It does fit the naval ending of the film too, as you say, @Mrcoggins.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    gt007 wrote: »

Is that what you use to watch Bond @gt007 ?
    Since I got the BOND 50 Blu-Ray collection, I use that.
    Gerard wrote: »

And for CR,QoS,SF & SP the only DVD's are the ones that are out now ?
    Yes. I'm not sure about the bonus features of the current edition of CR, but if it's picture/sound quality you're after then there's no difference. The Deluxe Edition DVD of CR in 2008 had much more bonus features than the original release.

As for DAD, @Gerard is right. The SE DVD of DAD is much better than the UE, and probably one of the best Bond DVD releases ever IMO in terms of menus and bonus features. You can probably find that in a Poundland shop if you don't have it, I've seen countless copies recently.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I have the complete SE DVD's but as my TV's that I buy get more advanced,they are getting worse in quality.

I bought a Bond box set as well and that still isn't great...I will keep hold of the 2 disc DAD SE then,thanks for that advice chaps.

Looks like,to get great picture quality and sound,im going to have to upgrade to Blue Ray or buy them from SKY Store straight onto my SKY Q box .

I bought SP from SKY store and it is picture perfect obviously on my SKY Q box ,and its downloaded to all my devices and you get the DVD as well.
    And it takes up no memory as it can be archived and brought back at will.