The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

jake24 wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    The high water pressure from the hose could have caused her to fall and potentially injure herself or get killed.

I mean Bond does have pretty good aim. Im sure he could be able to not hit her with the water.
    This could just be me and my sick mind but I'm trying very hard not to make a joke right now.
    Oh I was thinking of a dirty joke myself typing that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You and I are keeping the forums clean.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Watch from 4:20 to 4:28 :))

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @ClarkDevlin That was probably the best thing I've seen on the internet.
    @jake24, you should see the Diamonds Are Forever version, too, made by the same user. That one nearly killed me of strong laughter. :))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Why is it that people get annoyed when Brosnan Bond enjoys himself (especially during the parking lot chase in TND), but they love it when Moore is visibly enjoying himself onscreen? Seems to me like a lot of Bond fans became jaded in the 10 years between those eras.
    Why is it that people get annoyed when Brosnan Bond enjoys himself (especially during the parking lot chase in TND), but they love it when Moore is visibly enjoying himself onscreen? Seems to me like a lot of Bond fans became jaded in the 10 years between those eras.
    The parking lot chase is different because Bond had just found out Paris had died a mere half hour before. But to tell you the truth, it never really bothered me as that smile he does occurs for less than 2 seconds.
    Well Bond did want Paris to get out of town, but she wouldnt listen to him.
    He didn't take her death harshly. He knew that was bound to happen and eventually slipped it off his shoulders the moment he walked out the balcony to head to the roof.
    The parking lot chase is different because Bond had just found out Paris had died a mere half hour before. But to tell you the truth, it never really bothered me as that smile he does occurs for less than 2 seconds.

But Bond quips 2 seconds after Severine gets shot in the face!
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,588
    He didn't take her death harshly. He knew that was bound to happen and eventually slipped it off his shoulders the moment he walked out the balcony to head to the roof.
    Very true.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there

"Never let them see you bleed".
    He knew Severine for what like a day? Paris was a long term relationship
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 40,472
    He knew Severine for what like a day? Paris was a long term relationship

That's why he never called her back after all those years and wanted nothing to do with her until his mission at hand involved her.
    Heres a question. If the Bond series were to end how would you end it? This question has probably been asked a billion times
    edited August 2016 Posts: 8,087
    Heres a question. If the Bond series were to end how would you end it? This question has probably been asked a billion times

Bond sits with Bond girl in a restaurant wondering what to order when suddenly there is a noise off screen, Bond looks up - cut to black.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Bond driving off to the sunset in his Aston Martin DB5 with the woman he loves and is willing to marry, finally having found a life to live outside the spy work. ;)

And it doesn't say "James Bond Will Return" before credits roll. Just "The End" so no fan or anyone would assume a Tracy scenario is pulled off out of a cheap effort. ;)

Bond sits with Bond girl in a restaurant wondering what to order when suddenly there is a noise off screen, Bond looks up - cut to black.
    :))

How I'd want the franchise to end? Impossible to think of. How I want the DC era to end? Bond escaping Blofeld's Garden of Death via hot air balloon following a lengthy and brutal fistfight, with the Bond theme blasting in the background.
    I would end it with Bond sacrificing himself to save the world. Pretty simple
    How would a mordern Garden of Death work in a DC film? I would like to see the writers modernize YOLT like they did CR.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The series couldn't end. They can kill Bond off, and then start a new time line if they wanted to.
    Never thought I'd say this but...

Quoting Batman: "No killing!"
  • NickGNickG UK
    It'll end with a wrongly cast James Bond, following a previously wrongly cast James Bond, final scene in their under budgeted second film! 'James Bond Will Return' will appear as a threat that will now never be realised! A TV series will follow. Of course it won't come to this because they never mis-cast Bond twice in a row, do they?!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    NickG wrote: »
    It'll end with a wrongly cast James Bond, following a previously wrongly cast James Bond, final scene in their under budgeted second film! 'James Bond Will Return' will appear as a threat that will now never be realised! A TV series will follow. Of course it won't come to this because they never mis-cast Bond twice in a row, do they?!
    As of now they never miscast Bond at all.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

He doesn t laugh his ass off, though.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

He doesn t laugh his ass off, though.

Personally, I like a Bond that enjoys himself.

c4973559a1d6ee3c770942248b478c1b.jpg
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,588
    That should be updated to include Spectre. It'd be different for sure.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 3,000
    That should be updated to include Spectre. It'd be different for sure.

True. I suppose you could add "miserably not killing the main villain," or "miserable plot." :D Though I do love Spectre.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited August 2016 Posts: 1,329
    Does it annoy anyone else that bond doesn't gather up his parachute and hand it to the binman is spectre? It probably shouldn't bother me but it does every time.
    Yes it bothers, Bond was publicly littering in that scene which he does NOT have a licence for.