"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Is Salah badly injured ,anyone ?

Looked like a precautionary taking off, with Salah himself making the decision. My FPL team need him to return quickly!
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,335
    Come on, Arsenal!
    _________
    Tuchel to PSG a done deal, according to reports:
    http://global.espn.com/football/club/paris-saint-germain/160/blog/post/3443893/thomas-tuchel-set-for-psg-but-question-marks-remain-over-european-pedigree
    3-1, Ramsey! What a goal! Ronaldo who?
    4-1, Lacazette! Wonderful strike in the left corner of the goal!
    4-1 it is! Good first leg by Arsenal. Need a good performance in Moscow, though. Taking nothing for granted here.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Forgot it was even on.
    Atlético will win the EL
    Forgot it was even on.

Not a big fixture, so I guess this was a game for fans only, really.
    jobo wrote: »
    Atlético will win the EL

Don't think anyone would think differently. I just hope it's Arsenal on the other half of the field in the final.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,575
    Atlético will win the EL

No they won't.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Torgeirtrap it occurred to me Mkyt is on course to win back to back Europa League Cups with different teams, not sure a player has done that in its current format. I hope Arsenal win it, I think it's important for English teams to have as many teams as possible qualify for the CL. This year was a false dawn for English teams to impose themselves in the CL, hopefully next year will be better.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Forgot it was even on.

Atlético will win the EL

Don't think anyone would think differently. I just hope it's Arsenal on the other half of the field in the final.

I think so too, but I’m hoping for a Lazio surprise. At least they went for a good start yesterday, though it will still be a tricky game in Salzburg.
    @Torgeirtrap it occurred to me Mkyt is on course to win back to back Europa League Cups with different teams, not sure a player has done that in its current format. I hope Arsenal win it, I think it's important for English teams to have as many teams as possible qualify for the CL. This year was a false dawn for English teams to impose themselves in the CL, hopefully next year will be better.
    Without being able to name a single one of their players off the top of my head I think it's a pretty safe bet there's more than a couple Sevilla players who can already lay claim to this feat.

That's true! Hadn't thought of that. He got injured, though, but hopefully nothing long-term.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Forgot it was even on.

Atlético will win the EL

I think so too, but I’m hoping for a Lazio surprise. At least they went for a good start yesterday, though it will still be a tricky game in Salzburg.

Lazio may surprise, that's for sure. The draw will decide a lot, too. Two big teams may meet each other, for example.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Without being able to name a single one of their players off the top of my head I think it's a pretty safe bet there's more than a couple Sevilla players who can already lay claim to this feat.

I meant a player winning back to back Europa leagues playing for different teams.

I meant a player winning back to back Europa leagues playing for different teams.

Sorry missed that - like the man in the orthopaedic shoe, I stand corrected.

To be honest I'd be surprised in the modern era as if you won the Europa and then changed teams surely you'd be moving to a team in the CL?

To be honest I'd be surprised in the modern era as if you won the Europa and then changed teams surely you'd be moving to a team in the CL?

Another tidbit of classic Partridge there...

HAH!

Regarding moving to a team in the CL, I was quite surprised Mkhitaryan wanted a move to Arsenal. Think the club should feel lucky they even got him.
    Good to see so many Partridge cognisant people here. But then if you go back to page 1 this thread does have its roots in OAP ('I'm 43 you cheeky git') after all.
    Good to see so many Partridge cognisant people here. But then if you go back to page 1 this thread does have its roots in OAP ('I'm 43 you cheeky git') after all.

It was only just now I took the Partridge reference in the damn title of the thread! :O

It was only just now I took the Partridge reference in the damn title of the thread! :O

Oh thats another Partridge comment Torg....

Oh thats another Partridge comment Torg....

This one, you mean?
    Oh yes....i love the man!!!

No thread on here for Partridge ?!
    Oh yes....i love the man!!!

No thread on here for Partridge ?!

Surely there must be? Or…?
    See there's a new Alan Partridge show coming: This Time with Alan Partridge. Something to discuss in a AP thread!
    Time to make one !!..
    Time to make one !!..

Could this be the name for it? :D

giphy.gif
    Hahaha ive called it that...its created already just now old pal..put that video on there for me !
    Hahaha ive called it that...its created already just now old pal..put that video on there for me !

Done! :D
    Ryan Mason is guesting the Norwegian PL coverage this weekend. Looking well!
    GET IN!!!!!!!! Much needed win today against Aston Villa!! Well chuffed as I have been getting so much crap off work mates today!!! Roll on Monday!! OTBC!!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    GET IN!!!!!!!! Much needed win today against Aston Villa!! Well chuffed as I have been getting so much crap off work mates today!!! Roll on Monday!! OTBC!!!!!

Congrats! Don't know about Villa's form, but given that they're fourth, that's not a bad result. :)