"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Exactly .....we need our young Gooners to come through...and well done to Super Jackie Wilshire with a great cameo and an assist today !

Hopefully he'll be a central part this season. So incredibly strange to see him in a Bournemouth-kit last season.
    Your both most probably right, in all honestly the Arsenal 2nd 11 could most likely do the job? But that's the thing with football? It can be damned unpredictable! The great thing is that Norwich will be under no pressure, will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out?

Just hope Arsenal doesn't take this game to easy. It's not like they're going to win the title, so they better go all in. Norwich will surely make the most out of this game.

Absolutely! You don't get to test yourself against a top Premier League club every weekend outside the top division! Tomorrow night should be quite a giggle! You going tomorrow night Barry007? I wish I had the option!

Alas im not going no.
    I will keep an eye on it via Soccer Special tomorrow night.

Ronald Koeman has left Everton.
    Everton have sacked manager Ronald Koeman after Sunday's 5-2 home defeat by Arsenal left them in the Premier League relegation zone.

Exactly .....we need our young Gooners to come through...and well done to Super Jackie Wilshire with a great cameo and an assist today !

Hopefully he'll be a central part this season. So incredibly strange to see him in a Bournemouth-kit last season.
    Your both most probably right, in all honestly the Arsenal 2nd 11 could most likely do the job? But that's the thing with football? It can be damned unpredictable! The great thing is that Norwich will be under no pressure, will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out?

Just hope Arsenal doesn't take this game to easy. It's not like they're going to win the title, so they better go all in. Norwich will surely make the most out of this game.

Absolutely! You don't get to test yourself against a top Premier League club every weekend outside the top division! Tomorrow night should be quite a giggle! You going tomorrow night Barry007? I wish I had the option!

Alas im not going no.
    I will keep an eye on it via Soccer Special tomorrow night.

Ronald Koeman has left Everton.
    Everton have sacked manager Ronald Koeman after Sunday's 5-2 home defeat by Arsenal left them in the Premier League relegation zone.

Same as me Barry007, as for Koeman? Wow! Always a possibility after the Arsenal result though I guess. Plus an awful lot of money was spent their!
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,295
    An interesting fixture for sure, @RogueAgent. Of course there's no channel available showing the match. Will have to find a stream or something.

Who will Everton get? Ancelotti?
    An interesting fixture for sure, @RogueAgent. Of course there's no channel showing the match. Will have to find a stream or something.

Who will Everton get? Ancelotti?

No,they arnt a big enough club for him.

I have been hearing rumours about David Moyes going back there.

Moyes was being touted at the weekend.
    No,they arnt a big enough club for him.

I have been hearing rumours about David Moyes going back there.
    Nah, you're probably right. Will be interesting to see what happens at Goodison Park.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Only Koeman?

Why not a two for one deal on Merseyside? Call it Mega Monday or something.
    Only Koeman?

Why not a two for one deal on Merseyside? Call it Mega Monday or something.

Who would Liverpool get to replace Klopp?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited October 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Silva, Ancelotti, Rafa, Dyche I would be happy with in that order but even Big Sam or Pulis would do at this stage because they are at least familiar with the notion of how to set up a defence.
    Silva, Ancelotti, Rafa, Dyche I would be happy with in that order but even Big Sam or Pulis would do at this stage because they are at least familiar with the notion of how to set up a defence.

Dyche gets a lot of criticism for his style of football, but man can he make those Burnley defenders put about any PL defence to shame. Not only are Burnley getting results, but they are doing things wisely on the transfer market as well. Chris Wood was a perfect signing.

In other news, Giroud won the Puskas Award for his scorpion kick. Never get tired of that goal. Highlight performance of Arsenal last season, if you ask me!

It seemed like such a coup when LFC got Klopp. One of the best managers available. What has happened to all the pressing? We seem weaker as a squad too.

I was in stitches of laughter watching this! Absolutely brilliant! Lol!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,393
    Get in Lingard Swansea 0 - 1 United 20 mins played
    Lingard is a good player, really,
    Damn. No way to see the Arsenal-Norwich game online. Text updates on Sky Sports it is, then.
    Here we go again :

Arsenal 0 Norwich 1

Same old shit...
    Here we go again :

Arsenal 0 Norwich 1

Same old shit...

Of course...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Lingard does make good forward runs, Jose playing some of the younger players with Spurs on the Horizon.

Are Arsenal playing a strong team?
    Arsenal starting eleven is: Macey, Debuchy, Elneny, Holding, Nelson, Coquelin, Wilshere, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Iwobi, Giroud. In other words, some a-team players, and some young guys. A team as expected, but for one who only has text updates to judge by, they should have done more, possibly.
    What's happened to Walcott is he still getting injured every other week? First I have heard his name for some time
    What's happened to Walcott is he still getting injured every other week? First I have heard his name for some time

Think there was an injury in the start of the season (can't remember), but he's been used mostly in Cup/EL-games so far.

Think there was an injury in the start of the season (can't remember), but he's been used mostly in Cup/EL-games so far.

Has he still got the pace he had?

Lingard second great goal

Has he still got the pace he had?

Lingard second great goal

Would say so – at least when I've had the chance to watch him in a EL-game on TV.

Lingard will surely be valuable for United in the years to come.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,393
    What channel in your country plays Premier league and champions league games?
    Bracing myself for another joke performance from my shit football team.

The rights to the different competitions is (of course) owned by different broadcasters. Premier League is available through Norwegian TV2. Champions League, the English League (Carabao) Cup, Championship, La Liga, League A and Serie A, through Viasat. Europa League and the Norwegian Eliteserien through Discovery/Eurosport.

It's a bit frustrating to be honest, but I guess that's the way money works in football. Take it things are no different where you live, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

Crossing fingers for a goal. This is frustrating!

Nketiah!!!

The rights to the different competitions is (of course) owned by different broadcasters. Premier League is available through Norwegian TV2. Champions League, the English League (Carabao) Cup, Championship, La Liga, League A and Serie A, through Viasat. Europa League and the Norwegian Eliteserien through Discovery/Eurosport.

It's a bit frustrating to be honest, but I guess that's the way money works in football. Take it things are no different where you live, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

England myself, it is frustrating when you have to watch or subscribe to multiple channels for football.

Sorry not been around until now, been a crap day as the youngest may now have suspected whooping cough?!!! On the footie? I thought Arsenal would be out of sight Barry007? How has the game been as genuinely do not know?