"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Yeah. Not the best game so far. Will be interesting to see if tempo and chances will come as the match progresses.

Rashford looks lively though United in the final third the players not in tune at moment

You can see what they're trying to do, but the precision is a bit off so far. The quality among those players can change that, though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,267
    Ha ha get in

No idea what the keeper was doing
    Ha ha get in

Really far out on that free-kick. He's young, though. 18 I believe?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Chelsea 2 up, now 3-2 down. Ouch.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ha ha get in

Really far out on that free-kick. He's young, though. 18 I believe?

Yeah he looks like a kid, United sleep walking this group

Not could is Morata back?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Yeah, Morata started.

3-3 now.

3-3!
    Another United injury Rashford... with games piling up squad being tested

I'm no United fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing Zlatan back eventually. Lukaku can't play everything either.

I'm no United fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing Zlatan back eventually. Lukaku can't play everything either.

Me too Lukaku not looked sharp last few games though Jose just can't rest him at moment, United are missing Pogba's creativity

Me too Lukaku not looked sharp last few games though Jose just can't rest him at moment, United are missing Pogba's creativity

My Fantasy-team is also missing Pogba's creativity! United looking good for clean sheets these days, though – but they sure need Pogba.

My Fantasy-team is also missing Pogba's creativity! United looking good for clean sheets these days, though – but they sure need Pogba.

One area we have depth is centre backs that's for sure, Jose will be happy with tonight players not taxed too much.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,271

One area we have depth is centre backs that's for sure, Jose will be happy with tonight players not taxed too much.

They've been solid tonight. Benfica down to ten!

...but nothing more to happen before full-time. Jose will be happy with 3 points, though.

...but nothing more to happen before full-time. Jose will be happy with 3 points, though.

He will? I thought he was playing for draws these days...
    jobo wrote: »

He will? I thought he was playing for draws these days...

Haha!
    Someone posted this clip:
    https://streamable.com/9fp19
    Nice guy, Lukaku.

True it's a marathon not a sprint United have six games in 18 days this month, Jose will be happy with tonight with 3 points and qualification to next round almost in the bag.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited October 2017 Posts: 6,778
    Nice guy, Lukaku.

Nice gesture. They're both Belgian and I think they know each other from the Anderlecht youth.

The under-rated and disrespected Girou does it again.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Nice guy, Lukaku.

Nice gesture. They're both Belgian and I think they know each other from the Anderlecht youth.

Did not know that! Nice gesture nonetheless.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Always when a goal seems so unlikely, he's there – doing the most unlikely kind of finish on top of that. Nice build-up by Wilshere and Walcott inside the box as well. Think this was, TO THE DAY, four years after the Wilshere-goal against Norwich City.

To be honest, I'm enjoying Arsenal in EL more than PL at the moment. Lot's of youngsters in the squad, and they are actually winning games. Rosenborg on the other hand, not so much. But Arsenal in EL is fun – boring game last night aside.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Nice guy, Lukaku.

Did not know that! Nice gesture nonetheless.

Always when a goal seems so unlikely, he's there – doing the most unlikely kind of finish on top of that. Nice build-up by Wilshere and Walcott inside the box as well. Think this was, TO THE DAY, four years after the Wilshere-goal against Norwich City.

To be honest, I'm enjoying Arsenal in EL more than PL at the moment. Lot's of youngsters in the squad, and they are actually winning games. Rosenborg on the other hand, not so much. But Arsenal in EL is fun – boring game last night aside.

I haven't seen any of them in EL as its on BT spit...I mean BT sport....but its good to see youngsters being given chances.

How else did Rashford,Alli etc get where they are without being given chances by Man Utd and MK Dons .

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm quite intrigued as to the undercard for Spurs v Liv on Sunday.

Everton v Arse and something's got to give. Everton lose and Koemam is gone that evening (although to be fair he probably is already anyway), Arsenal lose and the pressure starts to crank up on Wenger as per (and I get to chortle at some quality DT and Troopz rants).

To be honest they should both move first and pounce for Marco Silva before the other one gets him.
    I haven't seen any of them in EL as its on BT spit...I mean BT sport....but its good to see youngsters being given chances.

How else did Rashford,Alli etc get where they are without being given chances by Man Utd and MK Dons .

Well, if you're expecting the very best games, you're not missing anything. But it is a nice change from PL Arsenal, for sure. Some good performances from the young guys last night too. Really, really hope a few of them can be found in the starting eleven in a few years time. What's the deal with BT Spit/Sport, by the way? That horrible?

I'm quite intrigued as to the undercard for Spurs v Liv on Sunday.

Everton v Arse and something's got to give. Everton lose and Koemam is gone that evening (although to be fair he probably is already anyway), Arsenal lose and the pressure starts to crank up on Wenger as per (and I get to chortle at some quality DT and Troopz rants).

To be honest they should both move first and pounce for Marco Silva before the other one gets him.

Would love to see Marco Silva in Arsenal. Looking at what he did with Hull, and now Watford – one could only imagine what he could do with a bigger club. He already has the PL experience, so there's no reason for a bigger club not to take the chance.
    Well? Looks like Brighton are gonna get a great result! Pleased for Chris Hughton! Possibly Bilic will be given the push after this result?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well? Looks like Brighton are gonna get a great result! Pleased for Chris Hughton! Possibly Bilic will be given the push after this result?

Lovely stuff. The only thing more enjoyable than watching London Utd getting turned over is watching the Scum get beaten.
    Brighton were on fire tonight. Chris Hughton is doing a really good job with this team.
    Huddersfield 2 - 0 Man United 32 minutes on the clock nightmare... Well Jose did say a few weeks back he wanted to see how his team responded when losing
    How long before TheWiz pops up with his usual cumshot of how "Jose is the only one who knows how to win at football"??
    Get in Rashford... United pulled one back COME ON UNITED!!!

Huddersfield 2 - 1 United 77 minutes on the clock