"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Brighton were on fire tonight. Chris Hughton is doing a really good job with this team.

Great Manager as far as I am concerned. Poorly treated by Newcastle and I am ashamed to say.........Norwich!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Poor by United they deserved nothing from this game at all

Be an interesting Q&A for Jose?!
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 7,500
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Be an interesting Q&A for Jose?!

He will no doubt have someone to blame other than himself...

Edit:

Surprisingly he has admitted they deserved to lose. The blame is on the players and not Jose, as usual, but at least it's a step in the right direction.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,295
    Brighton were on fire tonight. Chris Hughton is doing a really good job with this team.

Great Manager as far as I am concerned. Poorly treated by Newcastle and I am ashamed to say.........Norwich!

Agreed. Think they were great last season in the Championship. If he keeps doing things like this, I'm not surprised if Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. are among the teams playing the PL next season.

Did not see the Huddersfield-ManU game today. Must have been a thriller!

Agreed. Think they were great last season in the Championship. If he keeps doing things like this, I'm not surprised if Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. are among the teams playing the PL next season.

Yeah, it would be great to see Hughton keep them up come the end of the season? And fair play to Huddersfield on their result today.

Yeah, it would be great to see Hughton keep them up come the end of the season? And fair play to Huddersfield on their result today.

A very good result! Not only three important points, but surely a motivation knowing that they can beat big teams as well.

A very good result! Not only three important points, but surely a motivation knowing that they can beat big teams as well.

Not least it has put a smile on the face of so many people around the world! ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    jobo wrote: »
    How long before TheWiz pops up with his usual cumshot of how "Jose is the only one who knows how to win at football"??

Good teams and good managers sometimes play utter gash and lose.

Fergie did it, Cloughie did and, as we're talking of cumshots, your own personal fluffer Pep has and will again.

City were top this time last season and looking unbeatable so everyone getting a lit bit too excited prematurely. Admittedly they look a lot better this time round, but it's amazing how good a manager you look with yet another cheeky 200m spend in the summer.

Dyche, Silva and Rafa putting the so called 'superstar' managers to shame frankly.
    How long before TheWiz pops up with his usual cumshot of how "Jose is the only one who knows how to win at football"??

Fergie did it, Cloughie did and, as we're talking of cumshots, your own personal fluffer Pep has and will again.

City were top this time last season and looking unbeatable so everyone getting a lit bit too excited prematurely. Admittedly they look a lot better this time round, but it's amazing how good a manager you look with yet another cheeky 200m spend in the summer.

Dyche, Silva and Rafa putting the so called 'superstar' managers to shame frankly.

That is a fair point of course. It is just ironic you would say that as you have been hailing Mourinho for spending just as many hundreds of millions...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited October 2017 Posts: 6,791
    Sure but Mourinho won the CL with Porto and Inter. Both of course with excellent players but they weren't exactly the very best squads either. Surely that's quite an achievement.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 9,117

That is a fair point of course. It is just ironic you would say that as you have been hailing Mourinho for spending just as many hundreds of millions...

On a squad that needed it having fallen into shocking disrepair under not only Moyes and LVG but Fergie as well, whose greatest title win could well be that last one with a squad that was barely fit for purpose.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Sure but Mourinho won the CL with Porto and Inter. Both of course with excellent players but they weren't exactly the very best squads either. Surely that's quite an achievement.

Good point.

All Pep has achieved is winning stuff when lucking out with the best squad of players probably in history. People say Jose buys success which is true to an extent, although certainly not with Porto, but Pep gets it handed to him on a silver platter.

I'd be very interested to see either of them at a Burnley and told 'Work with what you have.'

Hahah!

This is what has impressed me the most this season. Burnley winning games away while not conceding goals (both home and away), Silva showing his brilliance with Watford – which looks like a million dollars these days, and Rafa doing really well with a limited Newcastle-squad. Would add Rafa to the 'superstar' manager list. He just happens to be managing Newcastle.

Hahah!

This is what has impressed me the most this season. Burnley winning games away while not conceding goals (both home and away), Silva showing his brilliance with Watford – which looks like a million dollars these days, and Rafa doing really well with a limited Newcastle-squad. Would add Rafa to the 'superstar' manager list. He just happens to be managing Newcastle.

Silva got to be the most sought after manager around. Can't be long before a big club moves for him. Spurs give us a pasting later and I wouldn't be gutted if we bin Jurgen and get him in. He's been far more impressive in his 6 months here than Jurgen has in his 2 years.

Gould point about Rafa - he is slumming it to be fair.

Arsenal showing their usual bottle on the road as per. Shades of Rooney's first ever goal there when we all thought the golden generation was poised to deliver. A more innocent time.
    Silva to Arsenal or Everton next, perhaps?
    This Arsenal team's defending. Why am I surprised by the result at the moment?

Given Wenger won't get sacked even if he dies I think Silva can do better than the likes of Everton or West Ham.

His next move has to be a club in the CL.

Given Wenger won't get sacked even if he dies I think Silva can do better than the likes of Everton or West Ham.

His next move has to be a club in the CL.

If Silva keeps doing things like this, Watford will be in the CL! In all seriousness, a CL-team should be his next step.

And Monreal scores! He's more dangerous in front of goal than most of his teammates these days.
    1-2! Please, please keep it going, Arsenal!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Decent header by Man Uniteds January signing ;)

No doubt he'll be a better player at ManU if he goes. Wenger must spend cash in the next transfer window to keep top 4 within reach.

Why would Utd sign Ozil? Jose demands people who track back not luxury players.

Koeman with half an hour to save his job.
    1-3! Win this game, please!

Why would Utd sign Ozil? Jose demands people who track back not luxury players.

Koeman with half an hour to save his job.

It was a joke hence the wink, it's press talk about Ozil personally I don't want him at United he goes missing way too often.
    1-4! Arsenal are more Arsenal (in a good way) with Wilshere.

2-4. unnecessary.

2-5. That's more like it!
    I switched it off looks like I have missed a late goal fest
    Taxi for Koeman.
    I switched it off looks like I have missed a late goal fest
    It was. Everton down to ten men during the second half. In the end a good performance from Arsenal, but that red card sure helped. Free kick to Arsenal before the first Everton goal, which wasn't given.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Like watching an instructional video on how not to defend.

It's awful long way back from here against Spurs defence.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Like watching an instructional video on how not to defend.

It's awful long way back from here against Spurs defence.

+1
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,392
    Whoa Spurs should be out of site, I was concerned yesterday about United Spurs next weekend based on them today I was wise though Liverpool aren't at it