"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Looks like Arsenal have a wonder kid who has rescued them
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Bracing myself for another joke performance from my shit football team.

Sorry not been around until now, been a crap day as the youngest may now have suspected whooping cough?!!! On the footie? I thought Arsenal would be out of sight Barry007? How has the game been as genuinely do not know?

Dont know either pal,apart from Soccer Special....hope your wee kiddie gets better,thats a nasty thing to get .bless them.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,530
    City held by Wolves goalless after 120 minutes, penalties come on Wolves

Edited: God I hate this penalty format
    England myself, it is frustrating when you have to watch or subscribe to multiple channels for football.

Yeah, it really is. Some channels are available through different channel packages, some are not (depending on which channel packages one has). It's these channels that get expensive. No surprise, it's the channels that airs PL matches that cost most.
    England myself, it is frustrating when you have to watch or subscribe to multiple channels for football.

Yeah, it really is. Some channels are available through different channel packages, some are not (depending on which channel packages one has). It's these channels that get expensive. No surprise, it's the channels that airs PL matches that cost most.

Before too long every network will have its own streaming service that we will have to pay for, I don't pay for Bt sport in the UK as I already have Sky sports I refuse to pay for both, thankfully mutv play Champions league matches a few hours after Bt so if I avoid the United result I can watch the full match on mutv.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    The England U-17 team are beating Brazil in the World Cup semi final at the moment.
    Only 15 mins to go !!

EDIT : 3-1 !!!
    A hatrick for Brewster ,a Liverpool youngster, @TheWizardOfIce .

EDIT AGAIN : Its finished : BRAZIL 1 ENGLAND 3 !!

England are in the U17 World Cup final...and could maybe win it as the U20 side did.

The youngsters coming through the ranks are sooo talented...they just have to get into the 1st teams in the English leagues,in place of some over-rated foreigners !!

Sorry not been around until now, been a crap day as the youngest may now have suspected whooping cough?!!! On the footie? I thought Arsenal would be out of sight Barry007? How has the game been as genuinely do not know?

Dont know either pal,apart from Soccer Special....hope your wee kiddie gets better,thats a nasty thing to get .bless them.

Well done on your win Barry007. A little gutted but the Norwich lads did themselves and the club and fans proud. Good to see some of our injured players back in action too.

Congrats to the England U17's! Brilliant achievement and good luck to you all in the Final!
    Before too long every network will have its own streaming service that we will have to pay for, I don't pay for Bt sport in the UK as I already have Sky sports I refuse to pay for both, thankfully mutv play Champions league matches a few hours after Bt so if I avoid the United result I can watch the full match on mutv.

I see. No different in England, then. The TV2 PL subscription I have is a streaming service, which luckily gives streaming access to other TV2 channels (and tv shows) as well. Still, it's very expensive. Always try to make the most of it by watching a lot of PL matches! The other broadcasters have similar streaming solutions as well, which of course gives access to more games online – in addition to the tv-aired games.

One thing though, is that due to the PL-rights, TV2 can only air one match at a time on their channels, opposed to several matches in previous seasons. The result is that you don't have the chance to see every Saturday 3:00 pm fixture live. How are these fixtures aired in England? All live?

I see. No different in England, then. The TV2 PL subscription I have is a streaming service, which luckily gives streaming access to other TV2 channels (and tv shows) as well. Still, it's very expensive. Always try to make the most of it by watching a lot of PL matches! The other broadcasters have similar streaming solutions as well, which of course gives access to more games online – in addition to the tv-aired games.

One thing though, is that due to the PL-rights, TV2 can only air one match at a time on their channels, opposed to several matches in previous seasons. The result is that you don't have the chance to see every Saturday 3:00 pm fixture live. How are these fixtures aired in England? All live?

No...no channel can show the 3pm kick off matches live on a Saturday.
    Its due to the possibility that it would make attendances go down,so the deal is nobody shows it live.

Well done on your win Barry007. A little gutted but the Norwich lads did themselves and the club and fans proud. Good to see some of our injured players back in action too.

Congrats to the England U17's! Brilliant achievement and good luck to you all in the Final!

Thanks pal,but we were bloody lucky.
    Might have found a new young star though.
    And if Norwich play like that every week then the playoffs at least should be within reach !!

Thanks pal,but we were bloody lucky.
    Might have found a new young star though.
    And if Norwich play like that every week then the playoffs at least should be within reach !!

Cheer's Barry007 that's very nice of you to say. Farke has been brilliant in and around the club. We have quietly gone about our business and now sit 6th in the table. Really pleased as far as I know that none of our players picked up any knocks? Good luck for the rest of the competition!
    Cheer's Barry007 that's very nice of you to say. Farke has been brilliant in and around the club. We have quietly gone about our business and now sit 6th in the table. Really pleased as far as I know that none of our players picked up any knocks? Good luck for the rest of the competition!

See you in PL next year!

Its due to the possibility that it would make attendances go down,so the deal is nobody shows it live.

Wait, what?! When are those matches aired, then?
    Looking at Saturday's schedule, TV2 airs Manchester United – Sp*rs 12.30pm (that's 1.30 pm local time here in Norway), Liverpool - Huddersfield 3pm (4pm) and Bournemouth - Chelsea 5.30pm (6.30). All live.

During those 3pm kickoff matches, TV2 also have what they call 'goal show', where anytime a team scores in one of the matches that aren't aired, they switch to replay of the goal – in a split screen solution. Better than nothing, of course.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

See you in PL next year!

Looking at Saturday's schedule, TV2 airs Manchester United – Sp*rs 12.30pm (that's 1.30 pm local time here in Norway), Liverpool - Huddersfield 3pm (4pm) and Bournemouth - Chelsea 5.30pm (6.30). All live.

During those 3pm kickoff matches, TV2 also have what they call 'goal show', where anytime a team scores in one of the matches that aren't aired, they switch to replay of the goal – in a split screen solution. Better than nothing, of course.

Yep it sounds preposterous but it's true - you can't legally watch 3pm games on TV in England so if you cannot get a ticket the only way to watch your team is to stream it illegally from all those countries who are permitted to watch it legally.

I'd happily cough up say £100 for a Liverpool TV season ticket so I could watch every game but if they don't give me an option to give them my money they're the ones forcing me to go to a stream.
    Leicester have appointed ex -Southampton manager Claude Puel as manager...a few months after the Saints sacked him.

Apparantly the fans arnt pleased.
    Yep it sounds preposterous but it's true - you can't legally watch 3pm games on TV in England so if you cannot get a ticket the only way to watch your team is to stream it illegally from all those countries who are permitted to watch it legally.

I'd happily cough up say £100 for a Liverpool TV season ticket so I could watch every game but if they don't give me an option to give them my money they're the ones forcing me to go to a stream.

That's horrible! The most expensive tv rights in football, and you can't watch any 3pm games live?! The solution we have here in Norway seems miles better in comparison!
    Leicester have appointed ex -Southampton manager Claude Puel as manager...a few months after the Saints sacked him.

Apparantly the fans arnt pleased.

Wow! Didn't see that one! To be fair, I think Claude Puel did alright with the Saints. Not the most exciting football, but they had some good games. The EFL Cup final against United comes to mind.
    And he guided them to 8th place i think.

A bit of a boring plank though but we will see.

Yep. Do think Puel can be a good appointment, though.

If he gets time,thats the problem lately.

Yes. They sure don't give their managers a lot of time to work with. Had a quick look at how Ranieri's doing at FC Nantes. Guess what, they're third – two points behind Monaco...

Yes. They sure don't give their managers a lot of time to work with. Had a quick look at how Ranieri's doing at FC Nantes. Guess what, they're third – two points behind Monaco...

Typical...Why the hell did Leicester listen to player-power and get rid of him.

I've heard that the Glasgow Rangers manager is next to go,and Bilic only has 2 games to save his job including tonight....terrible.

I've heard that the Glasgow Rangers manager is next to go,and Bilic only has 2 games to save his job including tonight....terrible.

It really is getting ridiculous!

If Bilic loses tonight then it all comes down to having to beat,of all teams,Crystal Palace,on Saturday !!

A shit or bust,massive 6 pointer.

If Bilic loses tonight then it all comes down to having to beat,of all teams,Crystal Palace,on Saturday !!

A shit or bust,massive 6 pointer.

That is going to be a tense game for sure. Two teams where there is a lot going on, and where positive results are needed.
    Willy Caballero doing a great job keeping Chelsea in the lead right now.

See you in PL next year!

A return to the PL next season would be a dream! But? We are only 25% of the way through the season so I will remain calm for now. Lol!
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,340
    A return to the PL next season would be a dream! But? We are only 25% of the way through the season so I will remain calm for now. Lol!

Hahah! Probably for the best yes, but by the looks of it Norwich are picking up points. Five wins and three draws in the last ten? That's impressive!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    What's going on with WestHam and Spurs. Lol.
    Chelsea beat Everton of course. :D
    This is a great result for West Ham if it stands!
    Come on Hammers hang on !!!!!!!!...beat the scum !!!
    HAHAHA! This is brilliant! Thank you Slaven!