"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Jose playing 352 has to be the way forward against the other top teams

'Way forward'

Now that's ironic... ;))
    He shouldn't be allowed to field 352. No wonder they won.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited October 2017 Posts: 9,117
    jobo wrote: »

'Way forward'

Now that's ironic... ;))

Pep can shove his tiki taka up his arse; route one, flick on by Lukaku 1-0 and 3 points but I doubt Jurgen was even watching. Klavan starts so fill your boots Huddersfield.
    That Man U goal – I really have a soft spot for those kind of goals. Simple and effective, hard to defend against.
    Arsenal, what the....!
    Arsenal, what the....!

Serves me right. Put Ramsey as my fantasy captain on the basis that Arsenal are flat track bullies against crap teams at home. Should've realised that they are able to stoop to even more pitiful lows than Liverpool.
    Come on lads! Sort it out!!
    Arsenal, what the....!

Serves me right. Put Ramsey as my fantasy captain on the basis that Arsenal are flat track bullies against crap teams at home. Should've realised that they are able to stoop to even more pitiful lows than Liverpool.

I have 10 points total right now. Came close to captaining Salah as well. I see a brutal point hit in the horizon...
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    England have won the U-17 World Cup !!!!!

They were 2-0 down against Spain and came back after half time to win 5-2 !!!

The U-20 won the World Cup earlier ,and the U-19 won the Euros .
    The women's team and the U-21 got to their finals as well.

We MUST MUST MUST put these players into the squads and play them in the PL.
    Get rid of some of the over-priced ,over-rated foreigners and go English !!!

I'm a very very proud Englishman today.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Congrats! Good effort to turn that game around. England have a bright future in football, it seems.

Congrats! Good effort to turn that game around. England have a bright future in football, it seems.

All depends on the PL my friend...they need to play.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congrats to the U - 17's it's been a good year for the youth sides, though it has to be capitalised on which in the current climate will be difficult.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,357
    All depends on the PL my friend...they need to play.

They sure do. Hope some good performances in cups etc. can result in PL starts.
    jobo wrote: »

'Way forward'

Now that's ironic... ;))

Pep can shove his tiki taka up his arse; route one, flick on by Lukaku 1-0 and 3 points but I doubt Jurgen was even watching. Klavan starts so fill your boots Huddersfield.

Yes, I know you are an Englishman. No need to reiterate that...
    Very Pleasing to see no DJ lovren in the side today.

And a nice win by Liverpool.
  • Beth__ABeth__A Wigan
    My team Wigan is doing pretty well at the moment! 0-0 yesterday though, really should've won.
    Wigan eh ? you might be the only Wigan supporter here..makes you unique he he !
  • Beth__ABeth__A Wigan
    I was thinking that, any other Latics fans around need to give me a shout! I doubt there will be any though, haha!
    Right..Leicester v Everton (my other half wants to play scrabble !!)

I have £2 on Vardy to score first,dont let me down Jamester,you little ferret !
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,357
    Right..Leicester v Everton (my other half wants to play scrabble !!)

I have £2 on Vardy to score first,dont let me down Jamester,you little ferret !

My Fantasy-team screams 'NO!!!' to a Vardy goal. I'm having a real bad GW, in other words.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    What a super Leicester goal.

Congrats @barryt007
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Thanks Shark....a nice little £11 pick up on Sky Bet.....

Got another cheeky 5/2 odds on Vardy scoring a second before the end of the match.
    Leicester look decent, I wonder if Everton are regretting taking Rooney back
    Rooney is their only decent player,he is at least showing hard work and good passing,the rest are terrible.
    Girona - Real Madrid 2-1

Taste that, Rajoy, Tebas and Madrid! Taste that!

Visca Catalunya!
    Rooney is their only decent player,he is at least showing hard work and good passing,the rest are terrible.

Its well documented though Everton really should have bought more pace

Yep...and not 3 number 10's....stupid purchases.

Yep...and not 3 number 10's....stupid purchases.

Other than Sigurdsson not sure who they brought it
    Tragic to see the Toffees 'we're going to be in the shake up for the CL places' delusions laid bare so brutally early in the season. Still I'm almost certain David Unsworth is the solution.

It's a nice crumb of comfort as our season just about clings onto the precipice.

PS - What are they wearing? White shirts and grey shorts - who thought that was a winner? It's well known from Fergie's excuses handbook that wearing grey is suicide.